Blonde - Ana de Armas film (2022)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She looks good as Marilyn but yeah the film will be a sour/dark look at her legend....

Directed by Andrew Dominick who made Chopper and Assassination Of Jesse James … so it’s a must watch for me

I think this should be an interesting watch. I like the directors other films. Ana De Armas pulls off the likeness pretty well.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I love love love "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford."

Didn't love "Killing Me Softly."

I'll give this a chance, at least, but everything I've read makes this sound like it's gonna be awful.

An "imagined" re-telling of Monroe's life? Almost no actual dialogue or narrative? Crazy dream sequences? This sounds like it's gonna be an absolute disaster and a chore to sit through. Sometimes directors think they're a hell of a lot more clever than they really are and they start believing their own hype and wake up thinking they're David Lynch.

Eh. The last high-profile movie to get an NC-17 was "Showgirls" and that was a glorious trainwreck to behold. Somehow I don't think this will be as entertaining.

Had no idea the director was the same one behind The Assassination(...) and Killing me Softly, I love those movies, especially The Assassination, so that makes it a must-watch for me.
As for it being an "imagined re-telling", well it's based on a book that clearly states it is a work of fiction, so...

Had no idea the director was the same one behind The Assassination(...) and Killing me Softly, I love those movies, especially The Assassination, so that makes it a must-watch for me.
As for it being an "imagined re-telling", well it's based on a book that clearly states it is a work of fiction, so...
And Chopper.
Never forget Chopper.

Which reminds me Dominick is doing one of those QA screenings of Chopper soon at what used to be the old Pentridge prison. How appropriate.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back