Statue BLITZWAY- Enter the Dragon- Bruce Lee Tribute 1/3 scale Statue Ver. 2 spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fair points guys,no doubt i'll find out in a few weeks,then I can decide what to do.the last thing I wanna do is damage any paint.

All good brother. Fair point. I'm generally pretty fussy when it comes to collectibles, but you've always been fussier and more demanding than me I think, so I understand why you feel the way you do towards this piece.

You are correct in that this piece was not made with the best efforts, but that seems to be the case with most statue companies IMO. I think we'd only get a higher quality product if this was made by Cinemaquette, but the price would be more than double and the likeness would most likely be terrible.

Yes I know, in fact the paint job is actually what I expect for something at this price range and that is 1/3 scale. However, they could of done the claw marks better.

The only company I see at the moment putting out high quality products with actual effort in the production pieces, whilst at a reasonable price point is Chronicle Collectibles. They are using Toynami to produce their products, the same factory Cinemaquette uses, so the quality will be similar, but at a fraction of the cost. I hope they continue to do this and make other companies like Sideshow lift their game.

My main issues with this piece are the cuts and sweat, both of which look like they can be fixed without requiring a lot of skill (I will be practicing on something else first until I get the technique down pat before touching the statue). The distance between the cuts is incorrect as you and Chris have pointed out, but this doesn't bother me like it does you guys. Yes it's inaccurate but I'm not really bothered by it. Maybe it's coz I'm not as much of a Bruce Lee fanatic as you guys. I think the rest of it looks good enough to me. It's not perfect, not as good as the proto, but good enough to make me want it, and not terrible like I first assumed.

TBH the scars are not a deal breaker but given that everything else looks bad IMO, they are just the final nail in the coffin and I am no longer on the fence anymore as I will be passing on this statue. That being said, I don't think it is a bad looking statue, it just looks rushed and doesn't look like a high quality piece like the GOD statue does.

Doesn't look like a full repaint to me. Looks like the stock paintjob that has been 'touched up'.

Well Bruce Lo did say he did fully repaint the torso, whether that is true or not, who knows, but I don't get why he would lie. And looking at these pics, there are more pinkish tones in the flesh.

Regardless, if he didn't fully repaint it, the paint job looks better and more realistic IMO.

Last edited:
I think ''realistic'' is the key word here.that is indeed the difference between the 2 statues.the repaint has improved this a lot but even bruce lo had to add to the cuts rather than ''move'' them to make them more realistic.i know the spacing does not bother some as much as me,but even the ''PEC'' ones are wrong.picky yep,but a thing that should have been easy to do in the 1st place.
at least you have made a decision on this steve,funny as it may seem,i dont think you'll regret it either,and no doubt this will still be stocked for a while anyway
so you could always see it first later should you wish.

I think ''realistic'' is the key word here.that is indeed the difference between the 2 statues.the repaint has improved this a lot but even bruce lo had to add to the cuts rather than ''move'' them to make them more realistic.i know the spacing does not bother some as much as me,but even the ''PEC'' ones are wrong.picky yep,but a thing that should have been easy to do in the 1st place.

Why am I not surprized. :thud:

at least you have made a decision on this steve,funny as it may seem,i dont think you'll regret it either,and no doubt this will still be stocked for a while anyway
so you could always see it first later should you wish.

Well even though I am passing on this, I still think it is not a bad statue and I think with a repaint, it could possibly be the best looking Bruce Lee statue ever made! However, I am not am willing to spend so much money on this so I can repaint it or even touch up areas on certain parts like that horrible sweat that looks like glue spots. I think I would rather pass on this, rather than buy it and customize it to my liking, as I just don't think it is worth it.

Last edited:
Hey Mrchris I know you said this would be your last Bruce Lee piece, have you ever considered buying a lifesize bust ?

Fair points Steve. But you know me and BL collectibles.lol

Yeah I know Chris, you just can't resist, although you did say this was your last 1/3 scale statue from Blitzway. :rolleyes2

Hey Mrchris I know you said this would be your last Bruce Lee piece, have you ever considered buying a lifesize bust ?
He lied :horror. Haha I remember after grouchy EB Bruce WOTD he said it .:1-1: I would be the same boat as Chris can't resist :lol.
At this point I just want to recieve it undamaged . No broken bits and pieces I,ll be fine with it. . Will go with my Grail GOD 1/3 .

Yesthats I really want. But the ones out there just dont do it for me. Even the green hornet cast. I,d like a GOD/ETD.bust.but this is the last figure/statue im going to buy. The cost is getting too much.

Yesthats I really want. But the ones out there just dont do it for me. Even the green hornet cast. I,d like a GOD/ETD.bust.but this is the last figure/statue im going to buy. The cost is getting too much.
I just want a grail. 1/3 WOTD one of these pose and that's enough . :lol unless something really top notch is released that I can't
resist:lol
image.jpg
image.jpg

Resist desisandy resist.. honestly guys apart from aa stunning bust that's it. I would think about selling my 1/6 EB collectibles for a 1/3 statue but it would have to be stunning and I-mean stunning .wots this grouchy your on about. Haha.

Last edited:
TBH the scars are not a deal breaker but given that everything else looks bad IMO, they are just the final nail in the coffin and I am no longer on the fence anymore as I will be passing on this statue. That being said, I don't think it is a bad looking statue, it just looks rushed and doesn't look like a high quality piece like the GOD statue does.

It's a hollow feeling isn't it mate?
Months of anticipation only to be left deflated. Hopefully Blitzway will take on board some of the feedback and pre-order cancellations. The pre marketing effusiveness about hyperrealism and a 'facsimile of the actual man' sounds pretty foolish now. At the very least, expectations will be lowered for their next piece. Equally frustrating if they knock a potential WOD out the park and the hard core ETD fans are left with a missed opportunity and the dud statue of the series.

Personally I'm waiting a bit longer for some more photos/videos after PopC send a few out before I make up my mind on this.
With the right work i think it could still be the definitive statue based on some more photo retouching I've done in my spare time.
You shouldn't need to do the work but it's a foregone conclusion for me.

I have a feeling future statues from the bruce lee movies will get done,but I think that each statue will increase(as they usually do) and by the time the last one is done it will hit the 1k mark.blitzway marketed this superbly only to give us an imitation of the shown/described piece(you could say it looks like a Chinese knock off) along side the promotional piece.
maybe a fully clothed brucey from the remaining films would be a better option?blitzway can do a full body sculpt but it appears work(on this anyway)is needed to get it right.bruce had an incredibly ripped torso in ETD,and while there are some muscle tone on this it still looks a bit flat.
add that to the other flaws and blitzway's description falls flat on it's face.
I think we agree it's far from a poor statue and displayed it will look very nice,but we will always look at it and think back to the 1st day of advertising and feel a tad deflated.the next one from blitzway should be done with more care/attention to get it right,and I hope they take on board the ''issues'' via contact.as this may well have been under valued cost wise and ended up a rush job.

Last edited:
It's a hollow feeling isn't it mate?
Months of anticipation only to be left deflated. Hopefully Blitzway will take on board some of the feedback and pre-order cancellations. The pre marketing effusiveness about hyperrealism and a 'facsimile of the actual man' sounds pretty foolish now. At the very least, expectations will be lowered for their next piece. Equally frustrating if they knock a potential WOD out the park and the hard core ETD fans are left with a missed opportunity and the dud statue of the series.

Yes it is as I was excited about getting this piece.

Personally I'm waiting a bit longer for some more photos/videos after PopC send a few out before I make up my mind on this.
With the right work i think it could still be the definitive statue based on some more photo retouching I've done in my spare time.
You shouldn't need to do the work but it's a foregone conclusion for me.

Well I haven't cancelled my order yet but I am pretty sure I will be, as I am not impressed with what I have seen so far and I doubt any other videos or pics will sway me otherwise.

I have a feeling future statues from the bruce lee movies will get done,but I think that each statue will increase(as they usually do) and by the time the last one is done it will hit the 1k mark.blitzway marketed this superbly only to give us an imitation of the shown/described piece(you could say it looks like a Chinese knock off) along side the promotional piece.
maybe a fully clothed brucey from the remaining films would be a better option?blitzway can do a full body sculpt but it appears work(on this anyway)is needed to get it right

Given the quality of Blitzway's paint jobs I think that is the only option IMO.

.bruce had an incredibly ripped torso in ETD,and while there are some muscle tone on this it still looks a bit flat.
add that to the other flaws and blitzway's description falls flat on it's face.I think we agree it's far from a poor statue and displayed it will look very nice,but we will always look at it and think back to the 1st day of advertising and feel a tad deflated.the next one from blitzway should be done with more care/attention to get it right,and I hope they take on board the ''issues'' via contact.as this may well have been under valued cost wise and ended up a rush job.

Yeah but I think they meant to make it look like that but that the details lost during casting.

There were a handful of well filmed and detailed youtube reviews for GOD. I'd say the same guys will review ETD so it will be interesting to hear their thoughts comparing both statues. It's certainly photographing inconsistently. Maybe it's one of those things that will look better in hand. Although GOD looked consistently good in every type of photo.

I really like the GOD piece from what I've seen of it. And I like the fact it feels more of a museum item than just another statue. A real centrepiece and talking point. But ETD is more iconic for me, so there is a huge sense of frustration that out of the box the ETD piece is not perceived to be achieving the same level.

A friend of mine is working on the green hornet life cast , re sculpting with opened eyes and a full headed cast. I saw his previous version and it was insane. This will be based on Bruce from the 70s and will look freakishly real. I have one piece from him and his paint apps, hair work is really top notch. Id def recommend getting one when he's finished it.

interesting,yeah the closed eyes were a real no no for me,a fully haired and painted bruce would be interesting to see.i'll keep an eye out.depends on the cost and how I feel at that time,but thanks for the heads up.

A friend of mine is working on the green hornet life cast , re sculpting with opened eyes and a full headed cast. I saw his previous version and it was insane. This will be based on Bruce from the 70s and will look freakishly real. I have one piece from him and his paint apps, hair work is really top notch. Id def recommend getting one when he's finished it.

This isn't Godaking's one is it?

There were a handful of well filmed and detailed youtube reviews for GOD. I'd say the same guys will review ETD so it will be interesting to hear their thoughts comparing both statues. It's certainly photographing inconsistently. Maybe it's one of those things that will look better in hand. Although GOD looked consistently good in every type of photo.

I really like the GOD piece from what I've seen of it. And I like the fact it feels more of a museum item than just another statue. A real centrepiece and talking point. But ETD is more iconic for me, so there is a huge sense of frustration that out of the box the ETD piece is not perceived to be achieving the same level.

I think even in quality shot video's,this will still look a bit pale and shiny a dimly lit setting may be the best to display it,but time will tell.as you said this may be a better in hand type statue.i think ETD is more iconic in the western part of the world,whereas WOTD/FOF are better liked in asia.
personaly I think GOD is just as iconic,that catsuit has been copied in many films and I think seeing bruce in that(not the 78 version)shows all of his personalities,and that bruce was playing bruce.
I do agree the catsuit helps that statue display better giving it a more realistic element over the ETD,but as the ''touch ups etc'' have shown had blitzway gave this some attention and time,the end result could have been a stunner,as it is it's a decent one which will display next to GOD nicely.

I don't know if these have been shown,but in a dim light it looks better.

whereas when light hits it it kinda shines too much.

Back