Statue BLITZWAY- Enter the Dragon- Bruce Lee Tribute 1/3 scale Statue Ver. 2 spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never said it were. :)

Edit: OK, FriendlySamurai did say it. I was talking more about the angles thing and some over-analyzing..

Hehe. Like I said, I'm a picky guy myself and I hate it when this or that company's apologists tell me I'm just being a troll and other such niceties, so I do not mind people speaking their minds. It's just that, again like I said, I take certain things with a pinch of salt. ^_^

Hehe. Like I said, I'm a picky guy myself and I hate it when this or that company's apologists tell me I'm just being a troll and other such niceties, so I do not mind people speaking their minds. It's just that, again like I said, I take certain things with a pinch of salt. ^_^

I don't think when people comment they are trying to convince everyone else of what they believe is true, instead I think the majority of times they are just venting.

I don't think when people comment they are trying to convince everyone else of what they believe is true, instead I think the majority of times they are just venting.

And again, I never said anybody's trying to convince anyone. :) A forum can be a stage for venting indeed, and I take it as such. Sometimes I agree, sometimes I don't. If I feel a statement is clearly wrong, I point it out and try to give some arguments. If I feel it's open to interpretation, I just shrug and move on. That's what I meant to say when I quoted FS. ;-)

The GoD statue would have been way easier for them to make.
Not only does the suit mean they didn't have to paint the body, but it also meant that the statue didn't have to be one piece.
The arms are seperate pieces, held on my magnets and the head is a seperate piece glued into the body in quite an obvious join, nicely hidden by the suit.

I think they are both still decently priced in comparison to any other line around that scale! .....or Sidehow's 1/2 Legendary Scale line which is $2K+ !

I totally agree. You'd be very hard pushed to find a solid looking statue for less than $700.

The ETD prototype, or something extremely close to it, is what I wanted. It was so damn awesome. Blitzway could've taken their time and pulled it off, but decided not to.

If I wanted something resembling the film version, then I'd just buy that exact photo of Lee and frame it. But I didn't. I wanted that prototype shown.

This isn't worth $700.

All you guys saying that if the Game of Death Lee was shirtless, we'd be getting the same thing we're seeing with the Enter the Dragon statue and that the reason it came out better was because his track suit covered up almost everything.

Lets not forget that track suit, I'm sure, wasn't easy to make and tailor to fit the way it did. I'm sure it took tons of time to make and tailor that suit to fit just right. It came out looking like prototype quality when it was all done.

Whether it was covering everything or not, or taking away from the sculpt underneath, that track suit is what was shown to customers on the GoD proto and I'm sure it was just as difficult to do as painting scratches, sweat, skin tone, muscle tone, and shadowing on the ETD Lee statue.

Blitzway took their time with that GoD suit and it came out looking just like the proto.

Can't say the same for those pants.

Erm you obviously havnt painted skin tones lol.

when all is said and done,blitzway showed us something special.and we went WOW.the released version falls short of that(even with mass production which wont be more than 500)should not have fallen in standard that much,i think that's what some guys(myself inc) are saying...is $700 expensive for this? maybe/maybe not.
whichever way you look at it,it's still a very nice statue although not really what blitzway promised to deliver going by their own description,and there is no denying that. those who still want this.great enjoy it like I hope to do.those cancelling due to feeling let down/disappointed/felt this was rushed, as a bruce lee fan for a long long time can understand their issues with this..unfourtunatly what we now see,is what were getting.

I admit I would be lying if I said I'm not having second thoughts. Still I'm not canceling... yet. The pic I posted above gives me some faith.

Yea I totally get that . I never read to much into protos as you usually never get that high standard. Has it really fallen that short of what was originally put out ? I dont think so. Maybe slightly but it still looks very decent and will still probably be one of the best Bruce Lee statues on the market.

As a painter myself, I know just how hard it is to replicate, real lifelike skin tones and texture. Sure the proto will look amazing. Someone probably spent countless hours painting that. Once they hit the factory, you will never get those hours put into the piece you receive. Having said that, the tones look pretty decent and the sweat looks nicely done. Also we still havnt really seen a decent camera take any shots of this.
Just curious, if you didnt have your bday money funding this, would you still jump on it?

in one word.NO.had this been delayed another month or so I think we may have got something nearer the proto there are several slight changes which have been mentioned..but yes it's better the more pictures we see and indeed not as bad as the 1st batch of pics....i've owned/sold many bruce lee items,and I'm at the stage when I think enough is enough.i so wanted this to be the be all end all.but as this is just costing myself the deposit....I not going to say no.
so in that respect perhaps I fell lucky with this.but I can understand what your saying about the length of time spent on the proto.

Paint job quality aside there seems to be a lack of detail on the body as far as striation and vascularity goes, those details appear to have been lost from proto to production. The body looks so smooth and soft that if I didn't know any better I would think it is rubber substance like PVC and not polystone.

EB HD1002 anyone:lol,well a more expensive 1/3 version.hopefully someone who can take decent camera shots(that counts me out)
will show this with more detail and clarity.how nice would it be to be wrong on this..i for one would be happy.

Paint job quality aside there seems to be a lack of detail on the body as far as striation and vascularity goes, those details appear to have been lost from proto to production. The body looks so smooth and soft that if I didn't know any better I would think it is rubber substance like PVC and not polystone.

That's essentially my main beef. The skin color so far is not helping, either, but I'm still clinging to that nicest pic.

Other than that, as it has been mentioned, the sweat effect is nice and the likeness is strong.

EB HD1002 anyone:lol,well a more expensive 1/3 version.hopefully someone who can take decent camera shots(that counts me out)
will show this with more detail and clarity.how nice would it be to be wrong on this..i for one would be happy.

Hear, hear.

ah but shoo is quite good....good enough.and no the sculpt is not identical.
I never said it were. :)

Edit: OK, FriendlySamurai did say it. I was talking more about the angles thing and some over-analyzing..

"looks identical to me" :wink1: still think its a little early to be saying is and is not. :lecture

I don't think width of stance has changed, this could again be the camera angle culprit. Even the proto looks narrow in certain shots-

85aff646b08bd10c79d17eb5b1beaf03_IMG_7826.JPG

and here's one of Bruce stepping on his own foot :lol :wink1:

BruceleeVer2_BLITZWAY_5_zpsb579e760.jpg

the height of the camera is also going to mess with the angles. Also that last pic the base is really poorly lit on top and his feet halfway disappear/blend together on it- the pics on p45 have a better shot of his foot placement on top of the base. Way to know for sure will be to measure his height when you get him, if he's over 22" somethins off...

in one word.NO.had this been delayed another month or so I think we may have got something nearer the proto there are several slight changes which have been mentioned..but yes it's better the more pictures we see and indeed not as bad as the 1st batch of pics....i've owned/sold many bruce lee items,and I'm at the stage when I think enough is enough.i so wanted this to be the be all end all.but as this is just costing myself the deposit....I not going to say no.
so in that respect perhaps I fell lucky with this.but I can understand what your saying about the length of time spent on the proto.

I suppose we are on different pages being as you have owned so many Bruce Lee pieces and this would be my second. I can understand that as id be exactly the same if it were an Arnie terminator piece.

If you look close enough, you can actually see the sweat beading forming a large B across his chest ;)

Surely blitzway are not about to drop the pvc bomb are they ?

no worries mate,i've owned many ''stinkers'' in my time:lol.personally when I first saw this I went okiedokie and stated this may well be my last brucie.so when the first pics showed up man was I pissed:mad:.i've calmed a lot looking over the latest pics,but it still falls short of the oomph I got on 1st viewing this.it's only my personal take on it,as it feels like I've known bruce from when I was a mere teen...sooo many yrs ago:horror

If you take this shot which is an exact angle,you can see not only has the angle of the head altered,the hair is different and the expression is not quite the same.even the right lat is not as smooth to the torso.little issues I know,and it's crappy colouring on the pic.but had you not seen the proto,would you say it's the same statue??.this may well end up being better than we originally thought.but the proto it aint...moan over.someone else can carry on:wink1:

Last edited:
Back