Statue Blitzway- Bruce Lee 40th Anniversary Tribute Statue (1/3 Scale)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
at todays rate sab ''my offer'' is 846aud,but shipping would be more,so your price isn't that bad I suppose

Sounds like a missed some huge commotion. What happened? Their customer service implode?

one word ''BLITZWAY''...has it been confirmed a sept date for release..or oct nov dec or even 2014........given the confusion around this.

So who wants a further update! :D
....am I the only one who preordered or the only one in this process, by the way?

So.....Pop Cultua have now contacted me directly and said they are the retailer and orders have been passed on to them.

So Popculcha said yesterday they will not get it in but now have said they would? :confused:

Talk about giving u the run around.

I like Popcultua and have dealt with them a few times.

Yes do I, but I am really surprized they are getting this, I guess Ikon must of contacted them or something. :dunno

Their regular price: A$899 delivered to your door in Australia

But:

For those in early (well maybe just me lulz) they are offering it at A$799 delivered, with A$100 deposit right now.

Oh awesome, I am in!

Ah but you're in the UK (at least from your profile on the left hand side)

We get robbed blind on everything out here. Its cheaper for me to buy a book or DVD from AmazonUK and have it shipped halfway across the world to my door than it is for me to buy the same product out of a shop.

This is going through an Aussie retailer that runs their own shop and has to worry about their absurdly high rent and electricity bills ...and then their own profit.

And I'm talking in Australian dollars now, which is dropping.
US$600 is A$670 at the moment (dammit, 6 months ago it would have been A$580....)

So all in all, A$799 delivered is not so bad....

Not bad it is amazing! :eek

No prob man....if it helps they offer payment plans apparently.

Yeah they do, just hope for your sake they get more in and not just ones for me and SAB. Speaking of which, I wonder if I have to pre order from Blitzway now as well then, hmm.

With the Aussie dollar right now, this is basically US$600+US$115 shipping translated directly into local currency.
Sucks our dollar is low, but generally an okay price I can live with.

Yeah I am really happy to, just hope they do get it in. They said they were getting BD Enterbay Terminator in and they never did. :(

one word ''BLITZWAY''...has it been confirmed a sept date for release..or oct nov dec or even 2014........given the confusion around this.

Well that's good news finally a release date!

Yes, I talked to them on the phone and Ikon is their distributor.
So Ikon is the wholesaler and then passing on to Popcultua.
...again, not a bad price considering we have multiple independent companies involved now

I would pre-order from Blitzway's site to make sure it goes through the right process (especially in terms of Blitzway having a record of your preorder for the name plate personalisation)

My deposit has now been paid!

...and sorry to everyone else that this thread suddenly got so Aussie specific :D

Yes, I talked to them on the phone and Ikon is their distributor.
So Ikon is the wholesaler and then passing on to Popcultua.
...again, not a bad price considering we have multiple independent companies involved now

I would pre-order from Blitzway's site to make sure it goes through the right process (especially in terms of Blitzway having a record of your preorder for the name plate personalisation)

My deposit has now been paid!

...and sorry to everyone else that this thread suddenly got so Aussie specific :D

Yep I just preordered on the Blitzway site. Popcultua is shut now though right?

Yep I just preordered on the Blitzway site. Popcultua is shut now though right?

Yes they will be ....but they wouldn't get your order until Blitzway pass it on to Ikon to then pass on to Popcultua .....so I wouldn't bother staying up late tonight waiting for it :D

Yes they will be ....but they wouldn't get your order until Blitzway pass it on to Ikon to then pass on to Popcultua .....so I wouldn't bother staying up late tonight waiting for it :D

True but hopefully if I call Poppie tomorrow it will be all sorted out then. :pray:

Another thing for others on the fence to consider:

There will always be more Bruce Lee .... but the GoD suit allows them to 'cheat' a little here, in that the arms and heads are separate pieces....and then because of that they can even use different materials.

If their next 1/3 version is a shirtless Bruce Lee, the upper body will likely have to be one complete piece of Polystone (nowhere to hide the joins) and price will skyrocket.
(They could of course just do a statue where the shirt/jacket has to be kept on)

But either way, I think they are looking to prove themselves here in the market here and I expect their next 1/3 Lee statue to be at least $100 more...

Nice one SAB :hi5:

Blitzway emailed me, & it seems they bunched me up with you Aussie peeps. So on top of the Aussie price, I guess I'm going to pay another shipping fee (& I guess customs fee) to get it to NZ. Lame. I think it might be cheaper if I found my own retailer to buy from.

Meh. What do I care? I'm not pre ordering :lol This is something I want to see 'in hand' pics before deciding to buy.

Another thing for others on the fence to consider:

There will always be more Bruce Lee .... but the GoD suit allows them to 'cheat' a little here, in that the arms and heads are separate pieces....and then because of that they can even use different materials. If their next 1/3 version is a shirtless Bruce Lee, the upper body will likely have to be one complete piece of Polystone (nowhere to hide the joins) and price will skyrocket.
(They could of course just do a statue where the shirt/jacket has to be kept on)

Hmm very true but who knows when they will release another one and its the GOD outfit! :yess:

You can't miss out on that even if they do another movie with better head sculpt! It is only because this is the GOD outfit that I am buying it, if it was a statue of another movie even with a better head sculpt I would pass.

Nice one SAB :hi5:

Blitzway emailed me, & it seems they bunched me up with you Aussie peeps. So on top of the Aussie price, I guess I'm going to pay another shipping fee (& I guess customs fee) to get it to NZ. Lame. I think it might be cheaper if I found my own retailer to buy from.

Meh. What do I care? I'm not pre ordering :lol This is something I want to see 'in hand' pics before deciding to buy.

Yeah if it wasn't the domestic store getting it in for such a good price, I would wait to for in hand pics. So I think you are doing the right thing. :wink1:

No prob man....if it helps they offer payment plans apparently.

With the Aussie dollar right now, this is basically US$600+US$115 shipping translated directly into local currency.
Sucks our dollar is low, but generally an okay price I can live with.

Yeah the price seems fair, but I got BD T800 Arnie and 1/4 scale Batman from Hot Toys coming next month, so I really can't afford to spend much more on collectibles, lol. Would've been good if this came out next year TBH, lol.

Yeah the price seems fair, but I got BD T800 Arnie and 1/4 scale Batman from Hot Toys coming next month, so I really can't afford to spend much more on collectibles, lol. Would've been good if this came out next year TBH, lol.

You didn't buy the EB BD Terminator did you?

You didn't buy the EB BD Terminator did you?

Nah I didn't man. My post was in reference to the Hot Toys version, which I have pre-ordered. I'm strongly considering the Enterbay version though, but can't really afford to have both. Was hoping Pop Cultcha would get it in but looks like that's not happening. Still on the fence about whether I should cancel my order for the Hot Toys one and buy the Enterbay one from eBay. What about you? I know you were interested in that figure as well (I think lol), but you had the same issues I had; put off by Enterbay's QC. I think their QC with this figure seems to be pretty good though. After getting the Hot Toys 1/4 scale endo, and seeing the 1/4 scale Batman figure, my interest is starting to shift towards 1/4 scale figures now lol.

so has blitzway confirmed a date for them to ship to your suppliers then guys..is September still on,with you getting him a little later?
or oct/nov delivery.

Nah I didn't man. I'm strongly considering it though, but can't really afford to have both (Hot Toys version and Enterbay version). Was hoping Pop Cultcha would get it in but looks like that's not happening.

Yeah they told me they were, I don't see why they didnt since they got the Batman stuff. This is why I am worried they will change their minds again and go no we won't get the Bruce Lee statue in now. Probably because like that UK seller they won't make anything from it. :dunno

Still on the fence about whether I should cancel my order for the Hot Toys one and buy the Enterbay one from eBay. What about you? I know you were interested in that figure as well (I think lol), but you had the same issues I had; put off by Enterbay's QC.

If money wasn't an issue, I would say get both as the Hot Toys one is cool especially the EX with that T2 statue. However, if I had to choose one, I would pick the EB one, looks like the best Terminator Arnold sculpt to date, not to mention it looks real. Hot Toys is nice but doesn't look very realistic and sculpt is quite off but overall as a package it looks nice. Then again it depends on the type of collector you are, do u want to create scenes with this figure like dioramas or display him like he was a wax figure in a museum? It is easier to create dioramas and mimic scenes from movies with 1/6th collectables. The 1/4 scale ones are more like statues despite their articulation, they are more about presence and more harder to create the type of things u can do with 1/6th scale figures.

As for me, I would love the EB Terminator but right now all my money is on Bruce and perhaps that Batman 1/4 by Hot Toys.

I think their QC with this figure seems to be pretty good though. After getting the Hot Toys 1/4 scale endo, and seeing the 1/4 scale Batman figure, my interest is starting to shift towards 1/4 scale figures now lol.

Well if money or space is not a problem get both! :lol

so has blitzway confirmed a date for them to ship to your suppliers then guys..is September still on,with you getting him a little later?
or oct/nov delivery.
I don't think the Sept Oct release is realistic, all the shops I went say end of year , to early 2014. I PO mines had a shop doing this for VIP 3600hk $ couldn't, refuse. Am going to own this :panic:. Chris u want to order one from HK? I don't know if it will work out cheaper at this cost. You do the maths buddy :lol remember u got the better exchange rate. :lol

Back