Blitzway Basic Instinct 1/4 Sharon Stone Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand what your saying, but unfortunately its more common in this game than the alternative.

Marilyn is the exception not the rule. For every Jack Sparrow or Robocop, we get dozens of Iron Men, SW and GOTG figures , which are very good, but fail to live up to the prototypes.

I think this falls into that predictable pattern. Is a great statue, is it the best it could have been? No. But its a really great production piece.

It would be great if this hobby could get more of its production stuff to live up to the prototype.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

That is very true. And I truly understand and agree with you, I've been collecting since 94.
I guess, I just have high hopes in this line of Blitzway statues, n I thought they must've come from the same production factory as Marylin,
and so the result would be on par.
But no, this one isn't. Such a let down.
And it's very unfortunate. I really want this to be good, so I can add it to my collection.

and like you said.. It would be great if this hobby could get more of its production stuff to live up to the prototype.

Need a Peter Griffin version.

Definitely

familyguy.jpg

Ugh, my popculture order has been pushed all the way back to Jan 31. I thought at least i’d get this right before xmas.

This is the reason why I preordered this statue back then, not the n*pples, but the paintjob and crisp sculpt details.
Unfortunately, this pic is Yelim's master paintjob, and the actual paintjob is not even close. It's glossy and flat, like a mannequin.
Also the sculpt lost it's details on certain parts. That's why I cancelled this.

Such a shame, I know that the actual product will not be as good as the master prototype, of course, but I was hoping it won't be too far from the prototype. Marylin is a good example on how good the actual product is, very close to the prototype.

It seems Blitzway's having the same problem on the Hannibal figure. The actual product is sadly so far away from the prototype.. :(

20181226_225230.jpg20181226_225258.jpg

Finally managed to get her and take a couple photos. Honestly this is as good as their Marilyn, way better in person. This is definitely nowhere or even below HCG quality. Anyone who thinks so should get theirs eyes checked. Even I though the final Marilyn statue still had some downgrade in some areas. Only thing to look out for that I wish reviews had mentioned is that her heels are super fragile, and that the glassy surface of her base can easily be scratched by her heels and chair legs. I'd recommend that when sitting her down, have the toe of her right leg resting on the border around the glass surface so that her heel won't scratch it like it did mine badly. Even with her foot resting on the border not touching the actual glass surface, the foot will still look like its resting on the ground. Any other detail you guys may be curious with is that her arms and head are detachable, dress can be fully removed....and no, her beaver is not detailed.

View attachment 437676View attachment 437675

Finally managed to get her and take a couple photos. Honestly this is as good as their Marilyn, way better in person. This is definitely nowhere or even below HCG quality. Anyone who thinks so should get theirs eyes checked. Even I though the final Marilyn statue still had some downgrade in some areas. Only thing to look out for that I wish reviews had mentioned is that her heels are super fragile, and that the glassy surface of her base can easily be scratched by her heels and chair legs. I'd recommend that when sitting her down, have the toe of her right leg resting on the border around the glass surface so that her heel won't scratch it like it did mine badly. Even with her foot resting on the border not touching the actual glass surface, the foot will still look like its resting on the ground. Any other detail you guys may be curious with is that her arms and head are detachable, dress can be fully removed....and no, her beaver is not detailed.

Damn :(

:lol

Seems like your base never got scratches by the chair legs and heels, how did you avoid that?

Oh they’re not my pics.

Does the chair actually scratch though, maybe it just leaves “marks” that are avoidable if the chair is placed with little movement.

Oh they’re not my pics.

Does the chair actually scratch though, maybe it just leaves “marks” that are avoidable if the chair is placed with little movement.

Mine left scratches, caused by the chair legs and the heel. The chair legs have some foam like material underneathe to avoid scratching but they didnt really help. I was simply positioning the body onto he chair on the base and the moment the heel made contact, it scratched the surface. I then removed the chair and that's when I noticed it also left scratches. I have tried using any car glass scratch removing fluids to repair the base. I'm not even sure if the glossy material is really glass.

Mine left scratches, caused by the chair legs and the heel. The chair legs have some foam like material underneathe to avoid scratching but they didnt really help. I was simply positioning the body onto he chair on the base and the moment the heel made contact, it scratched the surface. I then removed the chair and that's when I noticed it also left scratches. I have tried using any car glass scratch removing fluids to repair the base. I'm not even sure if the glossy material is really glass.

I’m guessing it may not be glass if it scratches so easily.

Back