Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

Any company who recasts Winston, slightly bigger and with better paint, will make a ton of money.

Just put my name down for the car, it was more than my real car.

Recasting will make it slightly larger. Perhaps that's enough.

First post on this board and the Blitzway Ghostbusters, along with the Ecto-1, will be my first (possibly only) purchase of 1/6th scale figures and vehicle collectibles.

Just wanted to say hello to everyone, and that I've been quietly following this thread from the beginning.

Welcome to the board and hobby. These seem to be a good choice to kick it off.

Once people start receiving their figures, I have a feeling we're going to see a lot of "Winston doesn't look that bad in hand" comments.

First post on this board and the Blitzway Ghostbusters, along with the Ecto-1, will be my first (possibly only) purchase of 1/6th scale figures and vehicle collectibles. Although, I must say the Blitzway Astronaut on display during SDCC is quite tempting but I'll probably pass. The GBs, however, were a must have as soon as I saw them. The price didn't matter. I knew I had to have them for display. Just amazing figures; from the likenesses to the detailed prop accessories. I'm still waiting on them to arrive (my 4 pack is on order from Sideshow and still no word from them on a shipping date), but I'm patient. I've been waiting since '84 to have figure reproductions of this high of quality, so a little longer is fine.

Just wanted to say hello to everyone, and that I've been quietly following this thread from the beginning. So glad and excited to see some of you getting your GBs in hand. It's been a long wait but they are finally arriving (or, in my case, soon to be). Also wanted to say that I took the forum's advice and ordered the Ecto from Steve at Timewalker and I have to echo everyone else about the great quality of the customer service. Steve called me personally within minutes of letting him know there was a slight problem getting the order through on the site. A problem that was quickly dealt with. Enjoy the figs, everyone! I'm sure to keep checking the board as the long wait for the Ecto-1 commences.

Welcome to the "Freak Show". :lol :duff

I live in the UK and contacted KGHobby and they quoted me a price on it but basically said shipping is going to be absolutely massive and they would recommend ordering from someone UK based. Who that is I have no idea.

I went with planetactionfigures. I pre-ordered all my Star Trek figures with Aaron, and has been faultless so far.

Thanks for that Marine. It's gonna be an expensive one no matter where it's ordered from. Has he quoted you for shipping?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

They're pretty tall. I measured Venkman because he was the easiest to do and he's around 12.25" discounting the soles of his boots and his hair. Which makes him a perfect Bill Murray height.

I'm supposing all the figures are pretty much 1/6 scale, but the car looks to be scaled too big.

Doing rough measurements of the others it looks like they're all scaled correctly. Winston is the shortest at 12" to the top of his head not counting the soles of his boots. Egon is the same as Venkman, and Ray looks slightly shorter than those two (but it's not easy to be sure without taking his goggles off).

BW might have intentionally made the car oversized so it's possible to sit the figures inside.

thanks!

Has he quoted you for shipping?

Shipping is free within the UK.

I see the car as a sound investment. Once the initial production run is over, that's it. I never buy to speculate, but knowing it won't lose it's value, helps justify the cost.

Shipping is free within the UK.

I see the car as a sound investment. Once the initial production run is over, that's it. I never buy to speculate, but knowing it won't lose it's value, helps justify the cost.
That's exactly what I've been thinking. It may seem steep but it will always retain its retail value and with time it will be worth much more.

I'll look into it. Thanks for the info!

Very quick size comparison with the nearest HT figure to hand - Han Solo with Jnix head.

image.jpg

image.jpg

As you can see Venkman is taller and bulkier, and the head is larger (these photos accurately represent the size difference btw). I know this will drive some people crazy but I really like it, it makes the figures more imposing.

For those who have the figures already, are the hoses able to just free hang at all, or do they have to be looped? The only one who had their hose looped looks to be Winston.

originalghostbusters.jpg

For those who have the figures already, are you able to just let the hoses free hang at all, or do they have to be looped? The only one who had their hose looped looks to be Winston.

originalghostbusters.jpg
Yeah you can hang them free. There's only one side that's attached to the suit. It's just looped under the belt

Very quick size comparison with the nearest HT figure to hand - Han Solo with Jnix head.

View attachment 379173

View attachment 379172

As you can see Venkman is taller and bulkier, and the head is larger (these photos accurately represent the size difference btw). I know this will drive some people crazy but I really like it, it makes the figures more imposing.

Damn. That's like comparing a HT SW Fig to a medicom fig. Size difference is very noticeable. Not that it matters to me as they will be in separate cabinets.

A lot of the bulk I would imagine probably also comes from the jumpsuit.

Yeah you can hang them free. There's only one side that's attached to the suit. It's just looped under the belt

Cool, thanks!

But Venkman's size is correct for Murray. HT often make figures too short, with a 6' actor represented by a figure measuring 12" from the soles of their boots to the top of their hair.

There's a screen accurate pair of straps on the suit for the hose to pass through.

Good to hear its accurate, personally I just like seeing a larger product at a time when everything else seems to be shrinking.

I wanted to get an extra head and body to put in the Soldier Story brown suit but now I'm wondering if it'll be too small. I was also hoping to kit bash a Dana using the HT Ripley, but I'm guessing that won't be in scale either (but it saves me some money!).

If anyone can take a photo of the HT Ripley next to the Blitzway Venkman I'd be very grateful.

I'm slowly putting together a Dana also. I am putting her in the chair right before she gets dragged into the kitchen so height will not be an issue. I have almost everything but trying to find a close match for the chair is tough.

Back