Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FFS. Yes, we've established this. One hundred times already. Discoloration. Happening to ONE PERSON. Anyone else want to repeat that Alice has discoloration AGAIN? Hopefully Alice gets it resolved by cleaning the items and being more careful next time. It looks like they found a solution and they're fixing it.

Also, comparing PHOTOS to a VIDEO is ridiculous. If you Google image, you'll see how the GB outfits are supposed to look (look at in-hand pics of production pieces, not the prototype). They all have darker trim and a grey wash. Totally normal and part of the Blitzway design. The ORANGE stains are not normal and something that the fabric has come in contact with IE SUNSCREEN/not washing hands. IE The owner's fault and not a flawed design. SMH. Also could be a form or mold/mildew. Again, not a flawed design but a matter of environment and not properly caring for figs. I don't see any Detolfs anywhere in Alice's pics

In other news, I've scoured the internet for a Zeddemore 1/6 and it looks like it'll never happen so I'll just be happy with my trio of docs. Goodnight all

Wow, just wow.

Anyway so you are wrong.
Those trim pieces have discolored over time.

I deleted my post, because I figured I didn't need to drive my point home any further. Pretty sure most of the people in this thread realize how ridiculous you're being. Over the last couple of pages you've done nothing but talk negatively to everyone and be a know-it-all knownothing. Rather it be someone who wants to get their headsculpts repainted, or people who are noticing a problem with the jumpsuits, of which I am not the only one, even if you want to try to push that narrative. Your insistence that these figures are perfect, is fine, subjectively, but is patently false, objectively. If you're happy with your figures the way they are, fine. But don't come in to a thread, and tell people they can't bring up faults with the figures. If you feel entitled to do that, then I invite you to jump over to the ED-209 thread with the dome issues, or the T-800 threads and the flaking pleather issues, and tell those people not to talk about the problems with those figures. See how quickly you get laughed out of there.

Here's a thread where people have compiled known issues with figures. Two in one of the posts just happen to be yellow staining from glue. Rather you want to except this truth or not, glue is indeed used in the manufacturing of some 1/6 clothing.

https://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=160002&page=4

You keep going on about how you and your friend haven't been affected. Grand. It hasn't affected you two, but it is effecting others. I had an ED-209, and for the longest time, my rubber dome didn't crack. What I didn't do, was go into a thread telling everyone with cracking dome issues that the dome wasn't an issue, and if it was cracking that it must be their own miscare of the figure. Sometimes figure manufacturers make figures that have problems. Sometimes these problems are exacerbated by conditions outside of a collectors control, like environmental factors. So, continue to condescend, and blame the problems these figures have on an assumption that the collectors don't know how to properly care for their collectibles. You're not really ingratiating yourself to the people in this thread.

Huh? If people want to get their stuff repainted, go for it. If you want to continue to go on and on and on about your stains, go for it. You seem to be going through something as you're far too focused on me and our conversation rather than the issue you're actually having.

Once again, now that we've both gone on about this one hundred times -- yet again -- maybe it's time to try to focus on a completed cleaning solution to your problem and happily post pics for all of us when you've accomplished this...?

I'm going to take the high road and bow out of communicating with you further since I don't want to turn this into the Mister Mark vs Mr. Alice thread, which is clearly happening. It's been fun though. Reminds me of the debates from years back. I'll never drag these figs as I truly think they're some of the best 1/6 figs ever made. BFN, Alice and have a nice day, all.

Last edited:
Huh? If people want to get their stuff repainted, go for it. If you want to continue to go on and on and on about your stains, go for it. You seem to be going through something as you're far too focused on me and our conversation rather than the issue you're actually having.

Once again, now that we've both gone on about this one hundred times -- yet again -- maybe it's time to try to focus on a completed cleaning solution to your problem and happily post pics for all of us when you've accomplished this...?

I'm going to take the high road and bow out of communicating with you further since I don't want to turn this into the Mister Mark vs Mr. Alice thread, which is clearly happening. It's been fun though. Reminds me of the debates from years back. I'll never drag these figs as I truly think they're some of the best 1/6 figs ever made. BFN, Alice and have a nice day, all.

Just for the record. I also think these are some of the best figures, I?ll never sell them and I have a new display on order and it will allow me to display them with the Ecto1. And I can?t wait.
New display is due around June/July.

Just for the record. I also think these are some of the best figures, I?ll never sell them and I have a new display on order and it will allow me to display them with the Ecto1. And I can?t wait.
New display is due around June/July.

:goodpost: Like really, I think we're all so lucky to own them. Lot's of people still trying to find a set and they're hard to come by now. Just awesome figures. Their paint, their size, their accessories, their details... 1/6 perfection. :hi5:

Are you okay? I just got caught up on this thread and...wow!
How can a problem that someone else, a stranger, is having with their own figure collection seem to upset you so much and cause you so much anxiety.
You know how nuts all that sunscreen and hand washing stuff sounded right?
Are you just worried that it?s going to happen to your figures too, so you have to debunk it to be able to sleep at night or is it something else?
Not making trouble, I am just genuinely curious.

Are you okay? I just got caught up on this thread and...wow!
How can a problem that someone else, a stranger, is having with their own figure collection seem to upset you so much and cause you so much anxiety.
You know how nuts all that sunscreen and hand washing stuff sounded right?
Are you just worried that it?s going to happen to your figures too, so you have to debunk it to be able to sleep at night or is it something else?
Not making trouble, I am just genuinely curious.

Sorry, I don't jump on "the sky is falling" about awesome figures when one or two people has an issue. Sure, call me nuts for washing my hands before touching a figure :dunno say what ever you like. Hope all have a good weekend and enjoy these awesome figs. :)

It?s probably like the infamous neck staining thing that happens to people....

Or the melting rubber....

Non of which has ever happened to me on any of my figures that supposed to have this issue.

It?s a matter of environments they are in mostly I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, I don't jump on "the sky is falling" about awesome figures when one or two people has an issue. Sure, call me nuts for washing my hands before touching a figure :dunno say what ever you like. Hope all have a good weekend and enjoy these awesome figs. :)

No, washing your hands isn?t nuts. The bizarre part that I was mentioning was how determined and insistent you were that the other person was using sunscreen (when they kept saying that they were not) and not washing their hands.
They sounded like an experienced collector but it was odd that in spite of that you were so convinced that you knew exactly what was going on in their home, thousands of miles away from you.

I checked my figures last night and unfortunately mine have staining too. I live in Houston. It's the glue they used. They look battle damaged now. Lol

My Han Solo has it too for that matter. I keep all my figures in deltolf s and away from sunlight.

I checked my figures last night and unfortunately mine have staining too. I live in Houston. It's the glue they used. They look battle damaged now. Lol

I live in Houston as well. Maybe it's related to our humidity? Mine are in an air conditioned place away from the light and it still happened.

I live in Houston as well. Maybe it's related to our humidity? Mine are in an air conditioned place away from the light and it still happened.

It will happen to everyone's at some point. It's the glue they use. They are still one of my favorite figures. They look like they have been fighting ghosts. Lol I would sell them unless I had too. My Han though, I will try and fix with some clorox and water. I read someone fixed theirs by doing it.

You guys should sell yours while you still can. The sky is falling!!! Now does anyone have a Zeddemore for me? Thanks :)

With the amount of shilling you do for Blitzway and their "perfect" figures I'm surprised they haven't given you one for free. :confused:

Not to start a fight, but your attitude over this, especially to Alice, was pretty strange and very defensive.

It will happen to everyone's at some point. It's the glue they use.

When it happens to mistermark he'll probably go back to his "high road" ... and jump off. :lol

Odd thing is it's only Venkman that has the darker stitched areas. All four figures came in the same full set, all spent their life on the same shelf in a display cabinet, without natural light and with the humidity controlled.

Yet it's only Venkman that's different. It's hardly noticeable unless you actually go looking for it, and is likely due to the amount of glue the factory worker used on this particular suit, compared to the others.

I'm more perturbed (not really) that these "perfect" figures don't have zips in their pockets. I don't know whether Soldier Story would've done that on their versions as it's hard to tell from the photos, but it's the detail VTS/DAM would've put in, as they did on the pressure suit pockets.

But then Blitzway isn't that kind of company. They only do as much as they have to, with materials (e.g.,Zorro) or paintwork (e.g., Winston, Hannibal).

Generally what they do is create a really good impression of a character from normal viewing distance, which is why they wouldn't have bothered with finer detail such as zips.

There are companies, such as Ace, who go the extra mile and miniaturise the real thing even where you're never going to see it unless you get up close, or take the figure apart.

With the amount of shilling you do for Blitzway and their "perfect" figures I'm surprised they haven't given you one for free. :confused:

Not to start a fight, but your attitude over this, especially to Alice, was pretty strange and very defensive.

When it happens to mistermark he'll probably go back to his "high road" ... and jump off. :lol

Odd thing is it's only Venkman that has the darker stitched areas. All four figures came in the same full set, all spent their life on the same shelf in a display cabinet, without natural light and with the humidity controlled.

Yet it's only Venkman that's different. It's hardly noticeable unless you actually go looking for it, and is likely due to the amount of glue the factory worker used on this particular suit, compared to the others.

I'm more perturbed (not really) that these "perfect" figures don't have zips in their pockets. I don't know whether Soldier Story would've done that on their versions as it's hard to tell from the photos, but it's the detail VTS/DAM would've put in, as they did on the pressure suit pockets.

But then Blitzway isn't that kind of company. They only do as much as they have to, with materials (e.g.,Zorro) or paintwork (e.g., Winston, Hannibal).

Generally what they do is create a really good impression of a character from normal viewing distance, which is why they wouldn't have bothered with finer detail such as zips.

There are companies, such as Ace, who go the extra mile and miniaturise the real thing even where you're never going to see it unless you get up close, or take the figure apart.

Once again,. Venkman's were always different/darker but you''ll only see what your eyes want to see. The trim was always darker. Even on cooltoyreview and others, photos of in-hand product.

And no fight started at all. I'm enjoying reading all the men whiteknighting for Alice -- Alice -- who has proclaimed himself to be another man. I think Alice and I finished our debate days ago but people like drama I guess. I have no issue with him

As I said, I'll gladly buy a Zeddemore off anyone who has one. As for the sky is faaling -- you'll see Venkman's trim including that little pocket were always darker. Each fig will be different of course as they're hand made. White kinight away, friends, and have a great day everyone. Sell me a Zeddemore, I need one!! :) Really, sell me one. Anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
Once again,. Venkman's were always different/darker but you''ll only see what your eyes want to see. The trim was always darker. Even on cooltoyreview and others, photos of in-hand product.

Not here:

50973036382_17378858a8_o.png

Or here (Michael Crawford):

review_venkman_4.jpg

Or here (2namtaB):

50972977106_396597f2f4_o.png

mistermark said:
And no fight started at all. I'm enjoying reading all the men whiteknighting for Alice -- Alice -- who has proclaimed himself to be another man. I think Alice and I finished our debate days ago but people like drama I guess. I have no issue with him

As I said, I'll gladly buy a Zeddemore off anyone who has one. As for the sky is faaling -- you'll see Venkman's trim including that little pocket were always darker. Each fig will be different of course as they're hand made. White kinight away, friends, and have a great day everyone. Sell me a Zeddemore, I need one!! :) Really, sell me one. Anyone?

I think pretty much everyone by now knows Alice isn't a woman. I've known for some time, so you can't use that excuse to explain why people took exception to your own drama queen antics.

Since you have nothing of value to contribute, consider yourself ignored.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Asta

Agreed. I worry more about investments than five year old toys. I'm not going to drag the most awesome 1/6 figs ever made. You guys can't even keep your story straight. "It's only Venkman with stains!!" "No, it's all of them!" Real logical argument from a couple people :dunno

Yes, please put me on ignore as I've never once engaged you other than to have to respond to you trying to engage me now three times. The irony in your words. Most men don't stick their noses in other peoples business. Alice did a great job and we let it go. Can you? Please ignore now or that will be the fourth time of you trying to contact me. You win. You're right. You're a good little boy and your opinion is the only one that matters. The world is yours and you did a great job standing up for another man.

Now I hope the rest of you all have a great week and that most of you bring some positivity to the world :peace

Great customer service and he was really fast. I won't quote the exact price, as its better to PM the guy yourself. All i can say is it took him 2 weeks and i have it back in my hands. He showed me a pic of his own repainted Winston... and man... its only a matter of time !! I'm fortunate that i live in Hong Kong and so does he, so postal wise I don't have to be anxious if it will be lost in the mail shipping overseas. I hope you guys can find a great local painter wherever you guys are located to help you bring Venkman and Zeddmore back to life ! Egon and Ray came out great, i don't need custom glasses... rather use the money for repaint.

View attachment 505173

Repaint looks amazing. Can you PM his info?

Back