Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I opted for the 3 pack mainly out of budgeting reasons. I figured I?d get Zeddemore later but missed out. I?m still really happy with my ?Sedgewick 3? - all with their gloves on, Ray with his goggles, Egon and the PKE meter, Slimer etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just shifted my Ghostbusters display to a more prominent location.
These figures are truly excellent.
It occurs to me that there are two types of collectors:
Ones who have all four of these figures on display and recognize that they are truly one of the all time high marks in 1/6 scale figures...and people who missed out on them.
If you have them you know that they really are something special.

Just shifted my Ghostbusters display to a more prominent location.
These figures are truly excellent.
It occurs to me that there are two types of collectors:
Ones who have all four of these figures on display and recognize that they are truly one of the all time high marks in 1/6 scale figures...and people who missed out on them.
If you have them you know that they really are something special.

Yes they really are that great. Even if I only have 75% of them lol

I opted for the 3 pack mainly out of budgeting reasons. I figured I?d get Zeddemore later but missed out. I?m still really happy with my ?Sedgewick 3? - all with their gloves on, Ray with his goggles, Egon and the PKE meter, Slimer etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Me too. Even with the three, they're still awesome. Heck, even if you can score ONE of these -- whichever is your favorite -- you're lucky. I like that they seem to be between 1/6-1/5 in size too. Just beautiful pieces and sometimes people can catch a deal on ebay for around $450 a figure these days. Here's hoping to find Zeddemore one day but if not, no biggie

Ghostbusters is my absolute favorite movie. So i had to have all the figures and the car. I would bought an 8 or 12 pack if they made even more characters lol

Are anyone else's jumpsuits starting to become discoloured? I pulled down my Winston to repose him, and not only has his arm mysteriously broken (fixable), even though he's been in the same pose for about two years, but I noticed that all of my jumpsuits were in various states of discolouration. Some pieces of the suits are yellowing, while some are greying. I thought it might have just been where I had them displayed (not in direct sunlight), but I checked the spare Stantz jumpsuit I bought around the same time that's been stored in a drawer, and it's becoming discoloured as well. Pretty bummed.

Are anyone else's jumpsuits starting to become discoloured? I pulled down my Winston to repose him, and not only has his arm mysteriously broken (fixable), even though he's been in the same pose for about two years, but I noticed that all of my jumpsuits were in various states of discolouration. Some pieces of the suits are yellowing, while some are greying. I thought it might have just been where I had them displayed (not in direct sunlight), but I checked the spare Stantz jumpsuit I bought around the same time that's been stored in a drawer, and it's becoming discoloured as well. Pretty bummed.

I just noticed that Venkman's suit is looking different to the other three. The stitched sections such as the top of the pockets and the little square section on the lower leg are darker. All the other suits look normal.

They've all been displayed together in a collection room without any windows, and only LED lighting.

I wonder if it's something to do with glue, as with the HT Bank Robber Joker shirt?

Just had a quick look back through the thread to see others' recent photos, and Venkman's right pocket in Stanlore's picture here is what I'm seeing on both pockets, the lower leg stitching and the little square on his right leg:

Stanlore said:
attachment.php

On the other three figures the colour is uniform in all areas.

Damn, Venkman is the one I have.

I doubt I would've noticed unless I specifically went looking to see if there was an issue.

But what I do notice now is that Blitzway failed to put zips or fake zips into those pockets.

rs-243974-GhostBusters_1984_15.jpg

Typical Blitzway half-assing everything as usual. lol

Really wanted a backup Venkman and Winston so I could send the heads off for repaint but don't want to send if I only have 1 sculpt just in case it got lost in the mail. Wish i would have jumped on the sculpts when in first saw then on toy anxiety, but put it off as I was busy doing some other things and the next day they were gone. I was lucky to find a second Egon for msrp back in 2019 so I do have 1 backup. Was going to buy the car but never had space for itnso ultimately passed.

@Alice, I don't know anyone who has discolored GB outfits on their figs. My friend's still looks the same after 4 years and mine are too new to judge. The suits did purposely come with faux discoloration/wear ie: light grey dirt wash in various spots on the suits. This is NORMAL and was purposely done by Blitzway.

One thing I do know about WOMEN vs MEN. All women use/overdose on sunscreen whether in their make up or their face creams. I've seen from experience any beige/white shirt/light-colored sheets/towels that come in contact with a womans sunscreen hands always get bright orange/yellow stains from "Avobezone" interacting with sweat/water. Could this be your culprit? Also, always keep figs in the shade. You live in Brisbane, that's some of the strongest sun in the world. Even if you have indirect sunlight, things can still get damaged. Leave the plants where there's sun. Leave your figs in the shade in a cool room. Here in Canada (strong sun only in the summer) I've never seen any figure darken or discolor on me or any of my friends that collect. I hope you can fix your GB 1/6 outfits

Let's not derail the thread with theories as you're the first person with a "yellow stain" issue. I hope you check your stuff for Avobenzone as it's a big stain maker on light color fabric. Note: the grey stains are a normal wash done by Blitzway and supposed to be there as a weathering effect

Last edited:
Really wanted a backup Venkman and Winston so I could send the heads off for repaint but don't want to send if I only have 1 sculpt just in case it got lost in the mail. Wish i would have jumped on the sculpts when in first saw then on toy anxiety, but put it off as I was busy doing some other things and the next day they were gone. I was lucky to find a second Egon for msrp back in 2019 so I do have 1 backup. Was going to buy the car but never had space for itnso ultimately passed.

If you want a repaint just send it tracked and insured, then you're golden but up to you. I think the factory paint is pretty fantastic although I don't have Zeddemore so can't judge his paint. Someone send me a Zeddemore pls :)

If you want a repaint just send it tracked and insured, then you're golden but up to you. I think the factory paint is pretty fantastic although I don't have Zeddemore so can't judge his paint. Someone send me a Zeddemore pls :)

Still can get lost tracked and insured. You get money back but would have a headless figure

Still can get lost tracked and insured. You get money back but would have a headless figure

Yes and like I said, the factory paint on these is pretty awesome. Hold these figs up to any Sideshow 1/6 piece and you'll see Blitzway paint takes the cake any day especially on the GB 1/6 pieces. We're lucky to have them

@Alice, I don't know anyone who has discolored GB outfits on their figs.

It's fine that you don't, but I have them, and at least two others in the last few pages do as well.

The suits did purposely come with faux discoloration/wear ie: light grey dirt wash in various spots on the suits. This is NORMAL and was purposely done by Blitzway.

I'm aware, and this is obviously not what I'm talking about, because I clearly said some pieces of the suits are "yellowing."

One thing I do know about WOMEN vs MEN. All women use/overdose on sunscreen whether in their make up or their face creams. I've seen from experience any beige/white shirt/light-colored sheets/towels that come in contact with a womans sunscreen hands always get bright orange/yellow stains from "Avobezone" interacting with sweat/water. Could this be your culprit? Also, always keep figs in the shade. You live in Brisbane, that's some of the strongest sun in the world. Even if you have indirect sunlight, things can still get damaged. Leave the plants where there's sun. Leave your figs in the shade in a cool room. Here in Canada (strong sun only in the summer) I've never seen any figure darken or discolor on me or any of my friends that collect. I hope you can fix your GB 1/6 outfits

This whole paragraph is irrelevant, because A) I don't wear make-up, because I'm not female, B) I also stated a spare suit I kept in a drawer, where there is ZERO sunlight, is suffering from the same discolouring and C) This whole paragraph was ridiculously condescending. Fair enough, you mistook me for a female based on my screen name. You're not the first. But, "One thing I do know about WOMEN vs MEN. All women..." is probably not the best way to start off your hypothesis, had I actually been a female. Especially when you follow that up with a bunch of assumptions about my inherent lack of intelligence due to being female. I'm sure there are plenty of actual female board members that know basic tenets of collecting like, "Don't fondle figures with creams on your hands" and "Don't display figures in direct sunlight."

Let's not derail the thread with theories as you're the first person with a "yellow stain" issue.

Again, I'm not the only one with the discolouring issue, though I may have been the first to bring it up. And as far as "derailing the thread" goes, I'm talking specifically about the Blitzway Ghostbusters figures, and some problems that appear to be arising with them. Seems to me, that's 100% on topic.

On the subject of the staining/discolouring, I managed to get most of the yellowing out by scrubbing the problem areas with a soft bristle toothbrush and toothpaste. It remedied all but the most heavily effected areas. I'll give the problem areas a few more scrubs, and see how it goes. For anyone that notices any discolouring, I'd recommend you give your suits a scrub before it gets out of hand and harder to manage.

I'll post some pictures later.

I wonder if it's something to do with glue, as with the HT Bank Robber Joker shirt?

It appears to be so. All of the areas affected seem to be smaller pieces of fabric that would have been glued with fabric tack before being pressed and stitched.

Last edited:
Sounds similar to what many mentioned/noticed on the HT ANH Han Solo shirt collar over in that thread, with the yellowing and discolouration from the glue/press as well.

Back