Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Managed to snag Venkman at a local comic shop that not only had it in stock at the retail price - but was having a 20% off on all 1/6 figures. I had regretted cancelling my pre-order late last year and ever since he has been sold out I've mostly given up on snagging one until I got super lucky today. I haven't checked this thread too much but from what little I've seen I guess there have been some QC issues with these? I read back quite a few pages but haven't really read exactly what issues there are outside of the base sucking (and it really does) but from what I can tell my figure doesn't appear to have any notable issue or broken part (though for all I know I just don't know what to look for).
Still, for the sub $200 price I paid (I think with taxes it was around $190ish) I feel like this was a pretty awesome deal. Great figure, good likeness and solid feeling product from a company I've never purchased from.

Managed to snag Venkman at a local comic shop that not only had it in stock at the retail price - but was having a 20% off on all 1/6 figures. I had regretted cancelling my pre-order late last year and ever since he has been sold out I've mostly given up on snagging one until I got super lucky today. I haven't checked this thread too much but from what little I've seen I guess there have been some QC issues with these? I read back quite a few pages but haven't really read exactly what issues there are outside of the base sucking (and it really does) but from what I can tell my figure doesn't appear to have any notable issue or broken part (though for all I know I just don't know what to look for).
Still, for the sub $200 price I paid (I think with taxes it was around $190ish) I feel like this was a pretty awesome deal. Great figure, good likeness and solid feeling product from a company I've never purchased from.

Same here. I regretting cancelling the figure, but I was getting ready for a move and needed all my funds to go to that.

I was lucky to find one at retail last week, but you sir, are a winner.

Nice score! I love finding good deals out there.

I picked up a 1/6th Slimer to go with my Venkman. I was hoping for a parted out Blitzway Slimer, but the money for one on eBay is crazy. This one is well made and works perfectly. I got it from Monsters In Motion. It goes for about $20 + shipping. It's listed on their website as Ghostbusters Slimer 1/6 Scale Maquette Statue.

Slimer.jpgSlimer1.jpgSlimer2.jpgSlimer3.jpgSlimer4.jpg

Weren’t there more companies doing Ghostbusters

I seem to remember there were three more that were doing 1/6 versions

What happened :dunno

Weren’t there more companies doing Ghostbusters

I seem to remember there were three more that were doing 1/6 versions

What happened :dunno

Mattel did some a few years back.

The Soldier Story ones have gone AWOL.

You must have got it at Bedrock City. Lol I love it when they have those discounts. I was able to get the Ironman Mark 6.

Full repaint, good sirs. Stripped it down to nothing. Thanks for the kind words. [emoji6]
986317cd47768a51e3cada0643c6614c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nice job, its a great sculp let down by a poor paint job and choices, but a little skill and patience and proof it can be saved.

Nice job, its a great sculp let down by a poor paint job and choices, but a little skill and patience and proof it can be saved.
I agree, man. I feel even being a massive release, the sculpt still retained it's integrity. It's Bill Murray all day. I feel he suffered the worst out of the 4.... yes, even Winston. For some reason the flat paint app made him look chubby and took away any emotion he has. Maybe it's because I'm such a Venkman fan that I feel the most offended by his paint app, I dunno. Winston is seriously pretty bad too.

I agree, man. I feel even being a massive release, the sculpt still retained it's integrity. It's Bill Murray all day. I feel he suffered the worst out of the 4.... yes, even Winston. For some reason the flat paint app made him look chubby and took away any emotion he has. Maybe it's because I'm such a Venkman fan that I feel the most offended by his paint app, I dunno. Winston is seriously pretty bad too.

When do you start taking commissions? :)

I concur with this.

There's no doubt to me it's 100% Bill Murray, but more just a generic Bill Murray sculpt. Your repainted sculpt is actually one of the better repainted Venkman sculpts I've seen on here.

Winston's sculpt I feel isn't as bad as many made it out to be. In hand, the paint app on it isn't that bad. It's a tad dark, but some of the repaints on here I've seen, conversely, are too light. Stock though, I'd say Winston is better than Venkman. That's non partisan as well, as I don't really have a favorite Ghostbuster; I like the group as an aggregate whole.

Stock, I'd rank them as follows:

1. Spengler
2. Stantz
3. Zeddemore
4. Venkman

Ah those ones ...SS..damn they were going to do GB2 Court trial outfits too :gah:

The suits that Soldier Story planned were from GB 1, not GB2-

B7F650C2-23F8-4D87-BE1C-A3424AD693D2.jpeg

Ghostbusters (1984)-

A5CCFE70-9B6B-431B-A02F-CAE67892F23D.jpeg

01BF6F2F-E205-401D-A52B-230DEE8715B8.jpeg

Ghostbusters 2-

D31F9A0A-7EE9-41D5-8DF8-6785FC308AC1.jpeg

Sallah

Last edited:
Back