Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

Where are people preordering their Ecto-1 from? Entertainment Earth is trying to charge $240 for shipping and I live in the US! I am also not trying to put a large chunk of a down payment right now. Any recommendations?

Great pics, Raymond!

Are those wired stands designed to support the proton packs too? Can the figures stand using only crotch grabbers or will they just fall backwards?

Yeah honestly I’m not a fan of the waist grabbers in general, but they might be a bit more secure . The packs do tend to weigh them down a bit and in a certain pose it might make them fall backward

I overall hate he Blitzway stands I find them flimsy and fiddlly but these are a bit better.

The stands look like no fun at all wish blitzway would keep it simple with old stands. I doubt I'll even take them ever out of the box.

Great pics all around!

As someone said, I wish BBTS would hurry tf up and receive their stock. Patiently, or impatiently rather, waiting to receive an email from them any day now. Regarding the stands, I probably won't ever take them out of the box either. I'm immediately putting these on the generic oval base crotch grabber stands.

Great pics all around!

As someone said, I wish BBTS would hurry tf up and receive their stock. Patiently, or impatiently rather, waiting to receive an email from them any day now. Regarding the stands, I probably won't ever take them out of the box either. I'm immediately putting these on the generic oval base crotch grabber stands.

Good idea. The proton packs seem quite light so they won't fall over. The blitzway stands are garbage.

A couple of things occur to me... first, Venkman came out worst, but I really don't think it's the sculpt. I think with a good repaint he would shine. Second, these are tall! It's funny how they're slightly taller than HT figures. And finally, Winston's head really is too small, there's just no denying it.

But that aside, these are a dream come true.

All accurate points.

Except the proton pack bit, I can confirm they are heavy not light. I think the added size of the Blitzway base helps them from falling over regular oval bases may make them fall with only the crotch grabber.

Yeah honestly I’m not a fan of the waist grabbers in general, but they might be a bit more secure . The packs do tend to weigh them down a bit and in a certain pose it might make them fall backward

I overall hate he Blitzway stands I find them flimsy and fiddlly but these are a bit better.

The stands look like no fun at all wish blitzway would keep it simple with old stands. I doubt I'll even take them ever out of the box.

Great pics all around!

Thanks for the feedback!
I haven't gotten my set from Popcultcha yet but I wanted to dink around with stand sizes for them. If the crotch cradle alone that I make will support these then I'll probably go with either a 4.5" Round stand or a 4x5 rectangular stand.

2682CEFB-2C5A-4206-AC10-C22E1B5300BA.jpg

I thought the packs were surprisingly light. I have the figures on oval stands with crotch grabbers and they feel rock solid.

I found the BW stands to be pretty much useless for most figures unless you can set them right back into the backplate of the stand - so generally smaller or female figures who don't have back packs or gear on the backs of their belts. I also managed to use one by putting the waist grabber around the backpack of a female figure.

Why don't BW recognise how silly there things are? Better stands would surely cost them less to produce.

Yeah, I see no reason why these wouldn't stand sturdily on the oval base crotch grabber stands, even with the packs. The HT ANH Sandtrooper has a relatively weighted pack and I have him standing on one with no problems at all.

Awesome pics Raymond and Timemeddler! Congrats!

If anyone wants to sell their Slimer, hit me with a PM!

I would hate for someone to put them on oval, crotchgrabber stands and then find their figure taking a shelf dive, so please exercise caution - but in my opinion they feel rock solid, as Kuat said, on crotchgrabber stands, no indication at all that they are unsafe.

Just to clarify what I said earlier about the paint job on Venkman, there's nothing technically wrong with it... it's just that the eyes are dead and they've painted them brown! Murray's are blue, blue/grey. Also, the skin tone is better in hand than in pictures, looks caucasian rather than oriental.

No, those are British boots.

The US jump boots are probably the most accurate, with the smoother sole. They lack the zipper on the side of the screen used version, but I don't think that version exists in a 1/6 fabric boot.

Oh wow, hadn't noticed those wire supports until now. They do look really weird and lame. And those square stands are pretty damn uninspired too.

Ordered mine from Toys2.net here in Toronto for local pick up. The owner is actually related (i think a nephew) to Howard at Hot Toys. He said he should be getting his by the end of December.

Really? Wow, I've been buying from him for years, and I had no idea...

Just to clarify what I said earlier about the paint job on Venkman, there's nothing technically wrong with it... it's just that the eyes are dead and they've painted them brown! Murray's are blue, blue/grey. Also, the skin tone is better in hand than in pictures, looks caucasian rather than oriental.

Yeah I think it's those brown lifeless eyes that are bothering me more than anything else. Painting them the correct color and having him looking a bit more up or to the side might help give him at least a hint of personality.

Just got my shipping invoice and notice from Secret Compass for anyone who ordered with them too! They had no payment plan or advance pay option just a deposit. Felt great to pay that invoice!!!!

Back