Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

So the stand that come with the figure is not good? Where can I get 4 oval standards stand for cheap?

In the hotel scene it shows slimmer a little bigger then beer bottles? or champagne bottles , the size looks to scale to me

slim.jpg

Toys....you sound so excited ....like a kid on Christmas morning...which is awesome. It great to hear the excitement in a fellow collector with such a huge release.

Couple of questions,

1. Do the traps light up? I saw a battery compartment and what looks like a power button?

2. How are Egon' glasses...durability wise?

3. Whats your feeling on slimer being undersized? He looks about the size of half a human body to me on film.....very similar the the scale shown.

THANK YOU so much for doing a review that hits everything it needs to with great video and editing. I share all your personal sentiments about the set as well...and are super excited to get them!

Also a big thank you for mentioning Steve and everything Timewalker has done with this release. They have ALL my business now. I am going to give Steve a ring tomorrow just to say Hi and thanks.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey dude, no the traps don’t light up. It’s just a compartment that houses the spring for the handle that you push down which pops open the trap.

Slimeer could be a tad undersized, however when you get him in hand he looks incredible. So I don’t think it will bother most folks in the end.

And as for Egan’s glasses, they are kind of flimsy, as they are made out of some thin plastics. They slide on and off the face very easily though.

Thank you everyone for the compliments and support. Sorry if I missed any other questions.

As for the stands, it’s really a shame that Blitzway continues to use them, because the actual crotch hugger portion which has to slide up the back of the stand hits the proton packs, so you have to make sure it slides in between the back of the proton pack and the figures lower back. It’s a pain in the ass, and restricts articulation even more. And it wobbles all over the place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excitement at Christmas meant ...

2f04cc6fd207b767dd27ca01aefe9bb2.jpg

Just need the Firehouse and Ecto in 1/6 oh and Stay Puft, imagine him in 1/6 :panic: Eat your heart out Hulkbuster.

Many many many months ago someone posted a side by side comparison of the exact screen grab of Egon making the same face as the figure and the resemblance was uncanny and really put the sculpt into perspective. Unfortunately it was a long time ago and now that I think about it it may have actually been on the Blitzway GB vs Soldier Story GB thread if anyone still remembers that one...

I recall that also. I think the image davidgray posted may have been it.

1048795-egon_spengler__4.jpg

Hey dude, no the traps don’t light up. It’s just a compartment that houses the spring for the handle that you push down which pops open the trap.

Slimeer could be a tad undersized, however when you get him in hand he looks incredible. So I don’t think it will bother most folks in the end.

And as for Egan’s glasses, they are kind of flimsy, as they are made out of some thin plastics. They slide on and off the face very easily though.

Thank you everyone for the compliments and support. Sorry if I missed any other questions.

As for the stands, it’s really a shame that Blitzway continues to use them, because the actual crotch hugger portion which has to slide up the back of the stand hits the proton packs, so you have to make sure it slides in between the back of the proton pack and the figures lower back. It’s a pain in the ass, and restricts articulation even more. And it wobbles all over the place.

Do the regular generic oval based crotch grabber stands interfere with the packs at all?

So the stand that come with the figure is not good? Where can I get 4 oval standards stand for cheap?
I just did a real quick Google search and here you go..a 5-pack for $15.98
https://www.amazon.com/Action-Figure-Display-inches-Adjustable/dp/B01LAF2WR2
Just to let you know, these are Hot Toys knock off the stands. I do own a few and the quality is not quite as good. However, no issues whatsoever with the pole locking into place on the base or adjusting the cradle. To the very trained eye, you can just see (and feel) a slight difference with the plastic used. But totally stable and worth picking up at such a low price. Now all you'll need is a set of decals from Evil Face😈

So this four pack is not the deluxe version with additional suits?

It’s a deluxe version as far as the extra accessories you get, however there are no additional clothing accessories.

So this four pack is not the deluxe version with additional suits?
No, the ones you're talking about is from a different company, Soldier Story. The stands that come with those two (I think only Peter & Egon are coming out) are incredible!

In the hotel scene it shows slimmer a little bigger then beer bottles? or champagne bottles , the size looks to scale to me

View attachment 370864

He looks to be a bit behind the table, but he does appear smaller in that ballroom scene than in other scenes.

His scale does vary somewhat scene to scene - and its confusing because the Slimer puppet was larger than human scale (ie his hands and head were quite a bit larger than human's) so there are many making-of pics of him next to people that make him appear larger than he is onscreen.

Probably the most clear scale reference is when he's eating from the plate in the hotel and in the hot dog stand. That would make the BW Slimer a bit underscale. I wish BW would have made him maybe 20% bigger than what they did.

Slimer appeared bigger in Ghostbusters 2. However that might just be my memory messing with me.

Sorry, haven't been following properly. Been shying away from looking at these because I'd want all four. My first quarter budget was going to the Lego Falcon, but...

No, the ones you're talking about is from a different company, Soldier Story. The stands that come with those two (I think only Peter & Egon are coming out) are incredible!

Does anyone know if those are still coming out or cancelled? Be great to see them release just to have more bits to choose from.

Slimer appeared bigger in Ghostbusters 2. However that might just be my memory messing with me.

He does, but he's quite a different (and inferior imo) design from GB1.

BTW, your GB review is probably the best 1/6 review video I've ever seen. And watched it in 4k on a hi-res Retina iMac - it felt like the figures were in-hand in front of you and you could touch them. Weird.:lol

Yeah, Blitzway's Slimer is about 1/12 scale (6" scale). Slimer was puppeted with adult human arms/hands. So this figure should have the exact same sized arms as the other figures. Considering I didn't buy any of the multi packs, I'm just going to be using my Diamond Select one. Of course it's too small as well (and kinda goofy looking), but at least it's arms are more in scale lol.

Great review :hi5: I'm not to keen on the articulation of the legs, whey does the knee stop halfway :pfft: Also when you were posing the arms of Venkman, they seemed to be loose. Is the outfit hard to remove..maybe a TT swap would look better for this figure.

Back