Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 & 1/12 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

We should stop talking about SS here since the original SS thread has been closed so we can't discuss about SS Ghostbusters.

Obviously either Blitzway or Ghostbuster licensor filed a complaint to the forum, so doesn't make sense that further discussions about these bootlegs are continued in a Blitzway dedicated thread.

If you don't like their way of treating SS, you can opt out in purchasing this product series.

Would Columbia Pictures, or any company for that matter, grant the same license to two different toy companies at the same time? I assume the answer is yes since both mezco and BW both have plans to release 1:12 GB figures. I'm not too familiar with how all this works, but I hope that both companies get the license. Even though BW's stuff was likely going to be superior to SS, I was looking forward to seeing how SS's courtroom Egon and other variant figures were going to turn out. Oh well, as long as BW blows us out of the water with a definitive and complete set of the original four GB's and delivers on the 1/6 ecto1, I'll be happy.

Yes, it happens all the time. It's much, much more expensive to get an exclusive license.

There's definitely something else going on here. I agree that Soldier Story is too big to just brazenly "bootleg" something like Ghostbusters. They've never even done a bootleg like that before, sure they'll put a head that kinda looks like Tom Cruise or Matt Damon or Done Cheadle on a soldier but that's it.

Granted I know nothing about how Sony/Columbia licensing works, but I'd imagine that perhaps Soldier Story was working with a foreign office, or some other regionally restricted area. The more reasonable scenario is that there is a miscommunication among Sony licensing. Akin to a 'right hand doesn't know what the left is doing' situation.

There is a very slight possibility that this is the case, but then the Soldier Story license would be for a single territory, such as HK.

Yes, it happens all the time. It's much, much more expensive to get an exclusive license.

There is a very slight possibility that this is the case, but then the Soldier Story license would be for a single territory, such as HK.

So it's not 100% clear that the SS figures are bootlegs?

As has been stated, it would be very strange that a top-10 1/6 company would spend what is clearly a very large amount of money and be so open about bootleg figures.

I mean seriously - who produces so many prototypes (a unique 1/6 motorbike?! Wouldn't a bootlegger just stick with figures?) and openly/publicly shows them in front of a massive logo-covered marquee... for bootlegs?

So it's not 100% clear that the SS figures are bootlegs?

As has been stated, it would be very strange that a top-10 1/6 company would spend what is clearly a very large amount of money and be so open about bootleg figures.

I mean seriously - who produces so many prototypes (a unique 1/6 motorbike?! Wouldn't a bootlegger just stick with figures?) and openly/publicly shows them in front of a massive logo-covered marquee... for bootlegs?

The bike can be modified, repainted & sold as a WWII bike. or maybe the bike was modified from an old model they sold.

prototype figures aren't that costly, for a company, for an individual yes it is, but not like they already have the mold & production line up & ready.

Who cares, really.

The bike can be modified, repainted & sold as a WWII bike. or maybe the bike was modified from an old model they sold.

prototype figures aren't that costly, for a company, for an individual yes it is, but not like they already have the mold & production line up & ready.

Four unique new sculpts, two taken to paint master (or fully manufactured with machine apps,) six unique cut-sew proto outfits, plus tooling a 100% unique 1/6 motorbike and proton packs/wands/accessories... plus what appeared to be something like 12-15 mini bobble head GB figurines?

I think we're talking apples and oranges here. That is very big money.

And no, a 1970's Harley Davidson (the basis for Ecto-2) could not be resold as a "WWII bike.":lol

Who cares, really.

bcgif27.gif

Four unique new sculpts, two taken to paint master (or fully manufactured with machine apps,) six unique cut-sew proto outfits, plus tooling a 100% unique 1/6 motorbike and proton packs/wands/accessories... plus what appeared to be something like 12-15 mini bobble head GB figurines?

I think we're talking apples and oranges here. That is very big money.

And no, a 1970's Harley Davidson (the basis for Ecto-2) could not be resold as a "WWII bike.":lol

bcgif27.gif

you think they really went ahead with the mass production tools to make prototypes? it's not that difficult to custom make the stuff in a small run with normal molds. if folks here can come up with commissions to do really small runs for $200-$300 a piece, it's not costing them that much for a company. For an individual it would be a huge amount of investment.

those mini figures are from Medicom kubrick line up.

the bike can't be sold as WWII, but it can be sold as a standalone Harley unless Harley Davidson has a case with them then it'd be just a 1/6 Bike.

Soldier Story recently produced some officially licensed merchandise through Sony (Hotel Transylvania 2) as part of SS's "new direction" focused on licensed product they announced back mid-late last year. So the idea that the Soldier Story 1/6 Ghostbusters presentation was a "bootleg" line was questionable from the start.

If anything, Soldier Story was either: (a) competing with other companies for a wider 1/6 GB license and lost out to Blitzway, or (b) showing products for a licensed 1/6 line that is restricted to an Asian market.

In either of those two cases, they are NOT bootlegs. Based on its scale, complexity and presentation that should have been obvious:

Hello? What bootlegger puts not only the actual brand name but ALSO the licensor's actual name, logo and "all rights reserved" on their huge display? :rotfl Here's the way bootleg works - one or maybe two figures (only figures) sold under a name like "Spiritcatcher Boys." (Or um... "Planet Princess"... in before the lock!:lol)

Anyway, looking forward to what Blitzway produces and hopefully we'll have the option of supplementing with anything that looks good from SS if it becomes more widely available.

you think they really went ahead with the mass production tools to make prototypes? it's not that difficult to custom make the stuff in a small run with normal molds. if folks here can come up with commissions to do really small runs for $200-$300 a piece, it's not costing them that much for a company. For an individual it would be a huge amount of investment.

those mini figures are from Medicom kubrick line up.

the bike can't be sold as WWII, but it can be sold as a standalone Harley unless Harley Davidson has a case with them then it'd be just a 1/6 Bike.

The bike would have been a very large investment. And... I'm just not sure there's much demand for a basic (i.e. non "classic" look) 1970's Harley in 1/6.:dunno

Those bobble heads were not Kubricks. I posted a pic of Kubrick photos from around 5 years ago that never happened.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I thought the SS figures looked good, but am definitely looking forward to see what Blitzway comes up with. Their figures have been outstanding. I just hope they produce all four GB at the same time as opposed to trickling them out. It's also remotely possible this could be a shared license and SS jumped the gun. Kind of hard to believe they would go this deep into prototypes without some kind of a green light--not just figures but very detailed accessories. Not to mention they were showing figures from the new movie. At the very least I would like to see some of SS's accessories make it into the BW line.

I also really, really hope BW or somebody shows the Rocky line this year.

If this was all a mistake, Soldier Story got maligned pretty badly as bootleggers.

The situation as it stands:

But I'm sure Dave will send them an apology.

No I won't. I heard directly from Sony that they are not licensed.

It will be interesting to see what transpires.

Soldier Story still have the photos on their site of the prototypes in their "CINEMAS 2016 SHANGHAI INTERNATIONAL FILM FORUM & EXHIBITION" gallery, along with quite a range of other GB merchandise.

Well, Sony owes them an apology if they are licensed. I know Blitzway has had the license for at least a year though.

I asked Blitzway what's next after Ghostbusters and they replied they haven't decided yet.

Well, Sony owes them an apology if they are licensed. I know Blitzway has had the license for at least a year though.

Curious what happens in in situations like this, usually licenses are for a set period of time, like two years. When do they start counting down? From when the first product is approved?

Obviously, if they signed a timed deal over a year ago, and are only announcing now, with no product to show, that might be an issue.

Did Sony ask you to shut down the SS thread? We still don't know anything with certainty, and yet SS has still been unfairly labeled as "bootleggers" when all they may have been guilty of is jumping the gun with their license approval. In all fairness, since you may have also jumped the gun by labeling SS as bootleggers and closing their thread, maybe the SS thread should be reopened until more concrete information in available.

Just a thought since there's been more talk about SS than BW in this thread ever since the SS thread was closed.

Did Sony ask you to shut down the SS thread? We still don't know anything with certainty, and yet SS has still been unfairly labeled as "bootleggers" when all they may have been guilty of is jumping the gun with their license approval. In all fairness, since you may have also jumped the gun by labeling SS as bootleggers and closing their thread, maybe the SS thread should be reopened until more concrete information in available.

Just a thought since there's been more talk about SS than BW in this thread ever since the SS thread was closed.

Yet the only reason we're talking about the SS figures is because Dave closed the thread.

mindblown.gif

No I won't. I heard directly from Sony that they are not licensed.

Does "not licensed" mean:

"they didn't receive a license" - as in, competed for a license with other companies, didn't receive it, therefore their proposed line is "not licensed"

or does it mean:

"we have had no contact with these people whatsoever and so their stuff is bootleg and "not licensed.""

That's a night-and-day difference.

Dave, you have to agree - this is a really, really weird situation. SS is top 10 1/6 company. Their display shows a huge investment of time and money. They cited Sony's copyright on their display and used the actual name of the license.

It is totally unlike all the other 1/6 bootlegs we see ("Space Princess" "Crazy Racer" etc.) in that it's a whole line and not just one figure, it uses the license name and includes major accessories.

It will be interesting to see what transpires.

Soldier Story still have the photos on their site of the prototypes in their "CINEMAS 2016 SHANGHAI INTERNATIONAL FILM FORUM & EXHIBITION" gallery, along with quite a range of other GB merchandise.

And that SIFF exhibition where SS showed these prototypes was so backwater and small too. :lol

Ian McKellen and Bradley Cooper may have been in the same building as these figures, but I'm sure SS figured they could sneak these bootlegs out without anyone noticing their 30 foot wide marquee with the 10 foot wide Ghostbusters logo.

Or noticing the other "unlicensed" figures that feature artwork with both the Sony Animation logo and the SS logo...

shanghai-31.jpg

Well SS booth hasn't been shut down infact new pics have been shown today of the other sculpts painted, bill murray shouting head on the suit. Proton packs have been corrected I think. :)

13654322_991134894340832_240186013416818631_n.jpg
13669846_991134934340828_1778112309650491960_n.jpg
13692688_991134937674161_6737713118462919801_n.jpg
13731693_991134897674165_8809156385488864531_n.jpg

Back