Blade Runner

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

General Kenobi

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I looked through 14 pages of awesome ideas on this board and didn't see Blade Runner -which needs to be on top of the list. A premium format Deckard and Roy Batty are essential. They are already working with Harrison Ford's likeness and could probably pull this one off without too much trouble -if they can get the license. Also, with the release of the Blade Runner "Final Cut' it would be the logical time to take advantage in the renewed interest the larger market has in this franchise. I can say that these to figures would hold a really special place in my already extensive collection.

Well, "working with" and "mastering" are two separate concepts. Obviously, they need to find a way to translate their prototypes more accurately before they will have a recognizable likeness of Ford.

The current production system manages to erase whole levels of talent.

All that is moot since the license is not available. Maybe we can expect to see something in 49 years when the copyright runs out... :lol

Well, "working with" and "mastering" are two separate concepts.

Have to agree with this 100%. SS has had multiple chances to produce a good Harrison Ford head sculpt, and have yet to pull it off. When the prototypes are off I can't fathom what magic they think will occur in the production process. The only chance Blade Runner seems to have are customs or maybe an overseas company that can skirt the licensing issue.

Just saw this movie and I was surprised how well done it is considering the fact that this movie was done back then where CGI was rarely in existance.

I would like Roy Batty in PF. That guy is a crazy villain.

Well, "working with" and "mastering" are two separate concepts. l

I agree. For instance, the photo on the box of the PF Han Solo is excellent. I was really disappointed when I saw the actual figure. What happened? I've also seen some Ford heads in the production blog that look pretty good, but the final product is always disappointing. Why does the prototype of the PF Han Solo look so good but the final product so bad? I've seen a lot better in terms of custom work on this site.

Just saw this movie and I was surprised how well done it is considering the fact that this movie was done back then where CGI was rarely in existance.

I would like Roy Batty in PF. That guy is a crazy villain.

What the... You just saw this movie? For the first time?

Yeah, I like that Batty character. :lol

You really haven't seen Blade Runner until you have seen all the different "versions"

Even Ridley Scott has no idea what he created!:google

How many times have you and I begged for these figures? :lol
Yes, that's true! Do you think we'll get them before we are 50? :D Anyway, it is good to keep a little something for later... I have watched everything from the Blade Runner 5 disc ultimate Collectors Edition. Everything but the Final cut. I save that one for later... :D

I've been clamoring for this license for dog's years.

I've even suggested a Deckard PF, with the glowing Replicant eyes as the exclusive. Come on, that would be the perfect solution to the problem of his real identity. :)

But Sideshow has been silent. Blade Runner and Pan's Labyrinth, two licenses they just ignore and ignore and ignore...

(I did ask for Conan, though, and was told no in a chat about three years ago, only to see Conan appear last year. So there's still hope.)

And how is computer graphics imaging related to quality effects work, exactly? ;)

It makes it easier, not necessarily better. Trumbull's EEG did a masterful job on Blade Runner, and their work has an organic quality that's rarely seen today -- not only because they were the masters of their craft, but because they built on decades of experience working with models and opticals.

"And how is computer graphics imaging related to quality effects work, exactly? "

In films, not at all really. LOL

After chatting with SS licensing, it is clear to me that they have wanted it, but can not get close to it.

i got this guy off eBay several years ago
1431_1.jpg

it wasn't lisenced or anything, but i'd like to see Sideshow top it
________
Dementia advice

Last edited:
i got this guy off eBay several years ago
1431_1.jpg

it wasn't lisenced or anything, but i'd like to see Sideshow top it

It's one of my favorite figures. I'd love to see someone like Sideshow or HT do one. I just doubt we'll ever see a licensed version.

It's one of my favorite figures. I'd love to see someone like Sideshow or HT do one. I just doubt we'll ever see a licensed version.
i remember the same company released a deckard, too.
i ended up not getting it because the head scuplt was all wrong.
guess it's easier to get away with a rutger hauer likeness than a harrison ford one.
________
VAPORIZERS

Last edited:
I've got the outfit and gun from that Deckard set. I was able to pick up a fantastic Jim Maddox sculpt of Deckard and Batty as well. Just haven't gotten around to painting and setting it up.

For some unknown reason, I had managed to completely miss this part of the forums...

Anyway, count me in for a Deckard, Batty, Pris, Leon and Rachel.

For some unknown reason, I had managed to completely miss this part of the forums...

Anyway, count me in for a Deckard, Batty, Pris, Leon and Rachel.
replace leon with gaff and rachael with zhora and add tyrell and i'm in.
________
Yamaha dragstar

Last edited:
Back