Black Widow (July 9, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Black Widow Movie

Yea unless they show fox characters I could care less

I'm looking forward to this one. I love Black Widow and have been all for her getting her own film.

I would love to see a prequel of how she ends up on Shield's radar and first meets Hawkeye, and if they could incorporate Bucky as The Winter Soldier in it that would be awesome, too.

Her character backstory is interesting enough to me for a film focusing on it. And it could play like a spy film/thriller, like TWS.

Looking forward to this - esp. if it includes Hawkeye and WS. Prefer my characters more grounded vs. posts I've read about Captain Marvel, say ("she has power! SO MUCH":google). W. interesting character dynamics - like, why does Hawkeye decide not to take Widow out (in the films?)

Too many details I would've like to have seen in IW or other films that never showed up. Don't need everything spelled out but films allude to stuff and then just drop...Budapest?

Plus Black Widow and SW are favorite female MCU characters for me. Like Natasha's relationships with Hawkeye and Cap and won't talk about the complete neglect of BuckyNat re the comix thank you Josh Whedon for forgetting that and so far Russos not bothering.

I feel like this needs to have a Bourne feel to it and not at all a Marvel feel to it in order for it to be really good. Fury and Hawkeye should obviously have cameos, maybe even Coulson. But if they're filming after the FOX deal goes through, it really would be the perfect spot to show Wolverine since he trained her a lot in the comics.

I feel like this needs to have a Bourne feel to it and not at all a Marvel feel to it in order for it to be really good. Fury and Hawkeye should obviously have cameos, maybe even Coulson. But if they're filming after the FOX deal goes through, it really would be the perfect spot to show Wolverine since he trained her a lot in the comics.

What I am hoping for anyway - something gritty, tense. I could see a cameo with Jackson too. Someone in charge had to make the decision to give Nat a chance. Jackson cracks me up - would love to see his expression when Hawkeye - potentially - tells him he's keeping Nat alive and they should bring her in.:cool:

IMO the "Hydra" scenes/flashbacks Marvel has done are pretty good - creepy even. Ultron Red Room, Hydra base w. Bucky/Winter Soldier program.
IMO it could be pretty effective seeing WS train Nat and then later in the film doesn't even recognize her (shoots through her), which would be a nice tie-in to being willing to beat Cap to death later. (Or maybe it's just as effective that WS would train someone and indifferently kill them too, he's so far gone). E.g. showing just how thorough Hydra could be.

Fans would welcome a few additions like Wolverine. Actors involved IMO are stellar. This could be really great done right.:pray:

The sad loss of Stan Lee eclipsed all yesterday.:(:(:(
But his legend will live on and on...
Natalia "Natasha" Alianovna Romanova / Natasha Romanoff[1] is the first character to take on the Black Widow codename in the modern mainstream Marvel Comics. She was created by editor and plotter Stan Lee, scripter Don Rico and artist Don Heck, and first appeared in Tales of Suspense #52 (April 1964).

Tales_of_Suspense_52.0.jpg

And first BW movie casting details leaking:
https://www.cbr.com/black-widow-movie-character-breakdowns/https://www.cbr.com/black-widow-movie-character-breakdowns/

Now filming in Norway. U can find a few set pics online.

Mildly spoilerish:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Now filming in Norway. U can find a few set pics online.

Mildly spoilerish:

Spoiler Spoiler:

If what we're hearing is true that this takes place between Civil War and Infinity War, then it makes perfect sense why a certain character wouldn't be involved.

After all this time, they kill the character off permanently and then make a solo movie. Bizarre. Like something DC would do :lol

After all this time, they kill the character off permanently and then make a solo movie. Bizarre. Like something DC would do :lol

The only way to make it work is to reveal something new about BW that changes how we look at the character in the previous movies. It just can't radically change the character, it has to be something that makes sense and is true to the character looking back.

If what we're hearing is true that this takes place between Civil War and Infinity War, then it makes perfect sense why a certain character wouldn't be involved.

True. Tho I would've been more excited about a prequel - something that expands on Nat's training, etc. and especially why Hawkeye decides not to take her out.

Re the time gap between CW and IW, and the *weak* prequel comic that had Steve & co. fighting terrorists after CW - I imagined that Nat would've tracked Steve down pretty fast after CW.

So dunno where there'd be time for a rumored clash with Yelena Belova.:dunno

So it is a prequel then

Don't think anyone knows; Marvel has been pretty secretive. At one point the rumor was it was gonna deal with Y2K:dunno

It was always going to be a prequel but I didn't think it would be as recent as civil war time frame

Feels like and odd choice to be after civil war and not winter soldier. I would have guessed that it would have dealt with her fighting off d-list gangsters after she put Shield's secrets on the internet.

Feels like and odd choice to be after civil war and not winter soldier. I would have guessed that it would have dealt with her fighting off d-list gangsters after she put Shield's secrets on the internet.

This article speculates a passing of the torch kind of thing to Yelena Belova: https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a27630742/black-widow-movie-plot-theory/

*Gloomily* IMO would make a kind of sense, so Marvel could continue its diversity push by keeping a new Black Widow on the board, who eventually will be in that future Captain Marvel all-girl Avengers team. If Yelena is Nat's "moral opposite" then maybe they are already setting up a new "dark" Black Widow to be won over by Captain Marvel or some *%$#.:dunno

Was it too much to ask to have WS tracking Nat down:007 and finally learn about Budapest?:monkey2

Back