Black Widow (July 9, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I read that Disney has cut all ties to SJ. I wonder how much this will upset fans and hurt Disney's (already somewhat tainted) image.

So I read that Disney has cut all ties to SJ. I wonder how much this will upset fans and hurt Disney's (already somewhat tainted) image.
She was killed off in the MCU before any of this happened.. Sooooo I don't know how many people will care.

Why did SJ wait till after the film was released to sue????

I mean everyone knew that it was going to be on Disney Plus at the same time... Seems like the time to ***** was 8 months ago.

She was killed off in the MCU before any of this happened.. Sooooo I don't know how many people will care.

Why did SJ wait till after the film was released to sue????

I mean everyone knew that it was going to be on Disney Plus at the same time... Seems like the time to ***** was 8 months ago.
I think it maybe because until the film's release, there was no breach of contract, and she therefore had no grounds to sue.

Funny how once she got the black widow movie she suddenly started talking **** about how the character was sexualized and now is sueing Disney. Seemed like she doesn’t care anymore. She got her money.

Late to the party here but I enjoyed this movie, as I have every Marvel movie to date. Thought Red Guardian was fun. Task Master seemed way too strong, though, considering who it ended up being. Threw that shield and it got stuck in the concrete at one point, and was tossing Widow around like a rag doll. Maybe I missed the part where they explained her super strength. Seemed like they were setting up a "Black Widows" sequel similar to the "Marvels" sequel. But I guess that's not going to happen.

Peter Porker: Spider-Ham instead, please.

I think it maybe because until the film's release, there was no breach of contract, and she therefore had no grounds to sue.
Also, it could have hurt the potential revenue coming in had she done this sooner. It seems rational for her to wait until now to sue--the movie had it's chance and floundered, so she can claim damages, and she is essentially done with the MCU unless they decide to bring her back to life (as they do with most characters. . .), so the risks are relatively low and the potential upside are large sums of money.

I'm guessing she'll wind up in DC movies as, say, Morgan Le Fey, Phantom Lady, or Superwoman.

https://www.cbr.com/disney-bob-chapek-defends-black-widows-release-strategy/
As reported by The Hollywood Reporter, he also revealed that Disney had "entered into hundreds of talent arrangements" besides the arrangement with Johansson, which have "by and large gone very smoothly." Chapek did not mention Johansson or Black Widow by name.

"These films were conceived during a time when…we certainly didn't know about COVID,” Chapek said to Wall Street analysts during the call. "Just like what we've done many times before, we've found ways to fairly compensate our talent so that, no matter what, everyone feels satisfied."

Generally speaking, Chapek also said that Disney values "flexibility," especially during unprecedented times, saying, "Both Bob Iger and I determined this was the right strategy. And, just to reiterate, distribution decisions are made on a film-by-film basis. We will continue to utilize all options going forward."

"...Disney says that Black Widow was put on more than 9,000 screens in the U.S., allegedly satisfying its obligation the film screen on no less than 1,500 (again, Johansson asserts it had to be exclusive), and according to the latest filing, as of Aug. 15, Black Widow has grossed more than $367 million in worldwide box-office receipts and more than $125 million in streaming and download retail receipts."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/b...rlett-johanssons-black-widow-suit-1235001093/

"...Disney says that Black Widow was put on more than 9,000 screens in the U.S., allegedly satisfying its obligation the film screen on no less than 1,500 (again, Johansson asserts it had to be exclusive), and according to the latest filing, as of Aug. 15, Black Widow has grossed more than $367 million in worldwide box-office receipts and more than $125 million in streaming and download retail receipts."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/b...rlett-johanssons-black-widow-suit-1235001093/
Don't really care but IMO there's something a bit petty about an already rich/well-known actress fussing so much about getting more money. I guess. Also there's folks like me who have no plans to go to a theater probably not until 2022.

Sux, but there it is. And I still haven't seen BW

Don't really care but IMO there's something a bit petty about an already rich/well-known actress fussing so much about getting more money. I guess. Also there's folks like me who have no plans to go to a theater probably not until 2022.

Sux, but there it is. And I still haven't seen BW
It's a multi-millionaire suing a multi-billion dollar company. It's hard for any of us to get it but if I had a $100 million and thought Disney owed me $5 million more due to the original contract you bet I'd go after them. Just because she has money doesn't mean she should just say "oh well, I guess it's ok...". There are plenty of people who probably think folks who spend disposable income on figures and statues are rich and can afford to just write off a broken statue that arrives from the vendor. When you put it in that context, the lawsuit makes a bit more sense...at least to me.

It's a multi-millionaire suing a multi-billion dollar company. It's hard for any of us to get it but if I had a $100 million and thought Disney owed me $5 million more due to the original contract you bet I'd go after them. Just because she has money doesn't mean she should just say "oh well, I guess it's ok...". There are plenty of people who probably think folks who spend disposable income on figures and statues are rich and can afford to just write off a broken statue that arrives from the vendor. When you put it in that context, the lawsuit makes a bit more sense...at least to me.
Well, yeah, but *shrug*. Having millions to fight over is never gonna happen for me. :lol

All relative. Money is money and no one wants to be ripped off.

What I don't get is the people supporting scarjo like it's some David and goliath thing, or like she's standing up for women's rights. If she's entitled to more money then that will become apparent, but only if Disney has acted incorrectly. If not, she'll have to make do with the millions she already has

poster.jpg

:unsure:

What I don't get is the people supporting scarjo like it's some David and goliath thing, or like she's standing up for women's rights. If she's entitled to more money then that will become apparent, but only if Disney has acted incorrectly. If not, she'll have to make do with the millions she already has
It’s Disney, going to the disney parks feels like a freaking Cruise now, they just keep asking for more money and leaving the customer service out of the experience, Disney and Nintendo just milk their franchises forever and make a killing out of it. Corporations just don’t care about them, everything’s a number’s game to them.

The whole thing goes in depth, Warner Brothers for example knowingly adjusted actors/actresses‘s contracts after they announced their movies will be out on streaming.

Disney put out the movie, charged an extra 29.99 on top of their monthly subscriptions, Scarlet was clinging on that MCU opening weekend before covid to make some money and then Disney plays the Covid card on her and doesn’t even bother to change her contract after the fact?

It’s the final nail on the coffin, they don’t like negative publicity and tried to arbitrate the case she flat out refused and wants to take them to court, hell even the judge quit because they feel he’s in Disney’s Pocket.

Everyone was talking crap about Gina being fired, but despite all their EEO talks and preaching they will quickly stab them in the back and forget they existed in their company. That’s what they are trying to do with scarjo, they went as far as cancelling her Tower of Terror movie and that tells you everything you need to know about them.

I completely just hate Disney, Bob Cheapek is turning everything to a cruise, no more free parking on their properties, the upcoming Disney Genie + service, Magic Hours is only exclusive to Deluxe resort members, their after hours event are just overpriced on top of it all they and they settle for giving you nightclub quality entertainment??? Lolololol
This past weekend Guests were baffled by the DJ on the rail road station “entertaining” guests

Who cares if she’s a millionaire, that’s a good thing, that means she can show them a lesson, they were promoting their female empowerment movies and then turn their backs on them just like that? Hell naw, let them pay. Good thing people have been speaking up, they made their voices heard on the Disney Genie rollout lolololol

Back