Black Widow (July 9, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E4isiZVVUAAywLN

Viuda-negra-poster-1.jpg

Because thats when it should have been made. Watching a movie about a character thats already dead and gone doesn’t really appeal to me.

I'm still interested in seeing this and will shell out the 30 bucks on Disney+ to do so, however definitely agree that it would've fit better as a one-off within the timeline it's intended. Also, there's almost zero chance of some whacky timeline shenanigans that allow Widow back into the current and upcoming MCU timeline since this was filmed and was intended to be released well before Wandavision and Loki...

I'm still interested in seeing this and will shell out the 30 bucks on Disney+ to do so, however definitely agree that it would've fit better as a one-off within the timeline it's intended. Also, there's almost zero chance of some whacky timeline shenanigans that allow Widow back into the current and upcoming MCU timeline since this was filmed and was intended to be released well before Wandavision and Loki...
I would have liked at least 2 solo films. This one would have been the last. The first should have seen her at the height of being a stone cold killer, a cat and mouse game with Hawkeye culminating with her redemption.

Damn 30 dollars tho? U might as well pirate the thing . I would never spend 30 dollars to watch something at home. That’s way to much

Damn 30 dollars tho? U might as well pirate the thing . I would never spend 30 dollars to watch something at home. That’s way to much
Two kids and a wife all watching it together...it's way cheaper than the theater... If I was watching alone, I'd likely wait for the free release...

Its the reason I cannot enjoy these movies anymore. They have gotten so preposterous with superhero skill that its no longer fun or believable in any kind of way. There's no jeopardy. Just jazzy cgi shots. It's become movies for young teens or younger only.

The flip side is the streaming series... so boring they seem made for adults yet the subject matter is so trite. They live or die literally by the chemistry of their leads.

Its the reason I cannot enjoy these movies anymore. They have gotten so preposterous with superhero skill that its no longer fun or believable in any kind of way. There's no jeopardy. Just jazzy cgi shots. It's become movies for young teens or younger only.

The flip side is the streaming series... so boring they seem made for adults yet the subject matter is so trite. They live or die literally by the chemistry of their leads.
I think Marvel is best suited for a 2hr movie. Marvel is a few times a year event, not a weekly one. All franchises want those 13yr olds with family. Once they get you around 13, they have you for life. I think it has just been too long for a Marvel movie, but also the end of something special like the Infinity Saga brings some sadness that it is over. Too bad that Widow and these C-list characters are bridging the gap for more Spidey/DS/Thor and the next Big Four.

I think Marvel is best suited for a 2hr movie. Marvel is a few times a year event, not a weekly one. All franchises want those 13yr olds with family. Once they get you around 13, they have you for life. I think it has just been too long for a Marvel movie, but also the end of something special like the Infinity Saga brings some sadness that it is over. Too bad that Widow and these C-list characters are bridging the gap for more Spidey/DS/Thor and the next Big Four.

There's two issues you brought up: 1) Marvel has devolved to the 13 year old level perminantly now, and 2) they were great movies when they weren't simply trying to capture 13 year old minds -- before Black Widow could fly (see above) and Cap became indestructible rubber. He got shot in Cap 1 -- and bled -- but now he's so strong not even his suit can rip unless he likes the look. Their world is no longer interesting now that anything can happen in the multiverse, so no one truly dies and no peril ever exists.

I hope the next generation demands more from their movies.

There's two issues you brought up: 1) Marvel has devolved to the 13 year old level perminantly now, and 2) they were great movies when they weren't simply trying to capture 13 year old minds -- before Black Widow could fly (see above) and Cap became indestructible rubber. He got shot in Cap 1 -- and bled -- but now he's so strong not even his suit can rip unless he likes the look. Their world is no longer interesting now that anything can happen in the multiverse, so no one truly dies and no peril ever exists.

I hope the next generation demands more from their movies.
It is the great reset. OG heroes now replaced with Nu'er ones. Multiverse in comics and about to be in the movies leads to, like you said, anything is game and no one is dead. Evan's Cap is gone. But in the multiverse, there can be 50 Caps, the merchandising team's wet dream.

I know, but don't you see how pointless that is? Every story is pointless and no story is big enough anymore. The MCU is now just a predictable sub-genre. You know what you get. But it won't be THE spectacle movies of a decade anymore. They will continue on like Bond movies -- repetitive, rarely inventive, and the only curiosity is who will be playing "fill in the blank".

A new action "story" is so desperately needed. But it can't come from comic superheroes. The only moderate curiosity in the near future is Fantastic Four. And that curiosity will work mostly because they have a worthy villain, Doom. After that, there is nothing on the horizon of excitement from the MCU. Feige has built his masterpiece with the help of many artists... but that work can never be recreated.

Steering effortlessly with very little surface area to avoid a cloud of flying debris while falling at terminal velocity without eye protection?
Maybe Tony hooked her up with the Stark Industries version of Star-Lord’s boots. :lol
(Also not entirely clear on why she's falling faster than the multi-ton steel debris.)
Aerodynamics - i.e., less wind resistance?

Back