Premium Format Black Orc of Mordor Premium Format. Link to Buy in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BUMP.

I've been offered the regular version is store here in Australia for $300 AUS. (About $310 US).

Do you guys think I should pick it up? I've been looking for the Morgul Lord for quite a while but can't track him down. This piece is also nice though.

Is it worth the $300?

TW

I'm very fond of it - great detail, great materials and pose, etc. Getting the piece locally at retail cost without paying for shipping from the states sounds decent to me. With that said, the Morgul Lord seems to be climbing in value faster, so if you're concerned about that aspect, then the Mordor Orc will probably be affordable longer.

Decisions to decisions! There's also a Galadriel for $250, but not super keen on that one.

If only the dark rider was half its price!

I'll wait and see what happens with my offer on a Morgul Lord, otherwise I'll have to choose between the Mordor Orc and Moria Orc.

Decisions to decisions! There's also a Galadriel for $250, but not super keen on that one.

If only the dark rider was half its price!

I'll wait and see what happens with my offer on a Morgul Lord, otherwise I'll have to choose between the Mordor Orc and Moria Orc.

The Galadriel one has great costuming and you can make a nice elf display with it, but it hasn't really done much in terms of value. The Hobbit could affect that, but I doubt it. The face isn't great, and many collectors give it a pass because it feels a little too doll-ish to them. I would focus on ones that could get out of hand in terms of price. I know people are saying the Dark Rider and Sauron are expensive, but people are paying $1000+ for Lurtz Exclusives and Uruk Berserker Exclusives on eBay so I can only imagine what those will do when they are eventually sold out.

Yes I know what you mean regarding the villains, always seem to sell better. I agree on the Galadriel, very doll like and to tell you the truth, although I am a LOTR fanatic, I only want to concntrate on the villains at this point.

The dark rider would be fantastic (Not to keen on the Sauron), but with the non exclusive potentially being an open edition, how much will that lower the exclusive's price by considering people will easilly be able to snap them up at a far lower price.

I was spewing because the store which sells these premium formats only recently sold their last Morgul Lord for $379.95! Would have jumped on that without postage.

I have looked and looked at this guy but not sure why I have not pulled the trigger yet as he looks like a good one..........

I grabbed it during Spook when it was marked down to $249. I had a $50 code in my account 'wallet' too, so I got him for $200! :yess:

It's an amazing piece, tremendous detail and spectacular paint-apps. Looks great next to the Moria Orc. Now I just need to add Lurtz between them some day. :wink1:

Really underrrated piece. It was probably tied with Gandalf the Grey as my third-favorite PF, behind Lurtz and the Uruk Hai Berserker.

Really underrrated piece. It was probably tied with Gandalf the Grey as my third-favorite PF, behind Lurtz and the Uruk Hai Berserker.

Yeah this is an amazing statue and definitely near the top of my favorites. Would like to get another orc pf at some point.

I just won a black orc of mordor pf on ebay for 160$ new in box, opened for inspection. I Saw the pictures and everything seem's in place.

The seller has a low ebay rating but great communication and the item has the paypal protection. Should I ask him to set shipping insurance against damage or the paypal protection cover everything and didn't need it?

Also if he never send me the statue, am I protected against this?

"Sorry my first time dealing with a low rated seller and couldn't miss that one at that price. "

I just won a black orc of mordor pf on ebay for 160$ new in box, opened for inspection. I Saw the pictures and everything seem's in place.

The seller has a low ebay rating but great communication and the item has the paypal protection. Should I ask him to set shipping insurance against damage or the paypal protection cover everything and didn't need it?

Also if he never send me the statue, am I protected against this?

"Sorry my first time dealing with a low rated seller and couldn't miss that one at that price. "

IMHO do it...if things go wrong you'll be covered..excellent price

In eBay's eyes, the seller is always responsible to insure the item. I usually get a chuckle when sellers put in the auction that if the buyer refuses to pay extra for insurance they will not be responsible. I never send anything out without insuring it myself because the extra few dollars just aren't worth the risk. Also, if it's a new seller, eBay won't release the funds to the seller until you leave positive feedback I believe or a few weeks have passed without complaint.

In eBay's eyes, the seller is always responsible to insure the item. I usually get a chuckle when sellers put in the auction that if the buyer refuses to pay extra for insurance they will not be responsible. I never send anything out without insuring it myself because the extra few dollars just aren't worth the risk. Also, if it's a new seller, eBay won't release the funds to the seller until you leave positive feedback I believe or a few weeks have passed without complaint.

Great explanation, it's more clear now. Thanks for your help.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk 2

Insurance is only good for the seller if the buyer wants to go thru the process....If not then..............?

Insurance is only good for the seller if the buyer wants to go thru the process....If not then..............?

Doesn't the buyer have to ship an item back before eBay will refund them if there is an issue? If that's the case why wouldn't they play along and just have UPS or FedEx pick it up to initiate a claim? Can you expand on that, did you have a bad experience?

Doesn't the buyer have to ship an item back before eBay will refund them if there is an issue? If that's the case why wouldn't they play along and just have UPS or FedEx pick it up to initiate a claim? Can you expand on that, did you have a bad experience?

If the buyer ships the item back the seller cannot make an insurance claim...The buyer who recieves the item has to show the damage...most buyers do not want the hassle and want there money back asap

If the buyer ships the item back the seller cannot make an insurance claim...The buyer who recieves the item has to show the damage...most buyers do not want the hassle and want there money back asap

Ok that's what I thought. But to get the claim, doesn't the buyer have to ship the item back to the seller at their cost? Why wouldn't they just cooperate and get a full refund?

I've only had one item arrived damaged and the buyer was very cooperative. I initiated the claim, UPS picked the package up, I refunded the guy the money as soon as UPS picked it up, then UPS sent me a check when the investigation was complete. I think I may be a little naive to think it would usually go this way, I've been on eBay long enough to know better. :lol :monkey2

Ok that's what I thought. But to get the claim, doesn't the buyer have to ship the item back to the seller at their cost? Why wouldn't they just cooperate and get a full refund?

I've only had one item arrived damaged and the buyer was very cooperative. I initiated the claim, UPS picked the package up, I refunded the guy the money as soon as UPS picked it up, then UPS sent me a check when the investigation was complete. I think I may be a little naive to think it would usually go this way, I've been on eBay long enough to know better. :lol :monkey2

If you have a good seller then yes...if not...same story goes for buyers too

Back