Premium Format Black Orc of Mordor Premium Format. Link to Buy in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes but they will be something worth waiting for, I should think. :pray:

If fact, the wait is part of the excitement don't you think. :wink1:

At lest we'll have the RWOS PF to keep us in amazement till they arrive. :lol

Man!...I sure hope finances allow me to get that baby. :pray:

:duff
Bill

True about PFs being worth the wait...I never in a million year would have thought about starting to Collect LOTR collectibles again after the collection I had 7 Years ago...I saw the new Maquette line, and i fell in love with the Sideshow LOTR items once again.

It started off with "I will just buy the Aragorn PF''...now i have Aragorn, Lurtz, Gandalf the Grey and Legolas. Got the Black Orc Pre-ordered to now...this is all testament to how great the PF line is...once you get one you simply want more. They are truly outstanding pieces. One that even non-LOTR fans or non-collectors alike can marvel at their magnificence and beauty.

hey at least them being so spaced give us time to recharge the bank account a bit...

This is the first time I can recall getting an email from SS concerning an available pre-order item...I wonder if sales aren't what SS hoped they'd be?

The Black Orc has Emerged From Mordor

2011-03-08_162005.png

It started off with "I will just buy the Aragorn PF''...now i have Aragorn, Lurtz, Gandalf the Grey and Legolas. Got the Black Orc Pre-ordered to now...this is all testament to how great the PF line is...once you get one you simply want more. They are truly outstanding pieces. One that even non-LOTR fans or non-collectors alike can marvel at their magnificence and beauty.

hey at least them being so spaced give us time to recharge the bank account a bit...

Yep, PFs have a way of doing that to you, don't they?

I'm right there with you aragorn5391, PFs rock :rock

:duff
Bill

No email yet but yeah things as a whole have slowed down a bit. Many factors in that none of them are that the items are any less cool though.

Take this for what you will but I just sold 6 statues on eBay and not one of them sold within the US.

I also note that the ES increase from 350 to 500 DID have everything to do with me passing. There is a slim margin between must have and the SSW Eowyn and Legolas status, and for some reason the 150 pieces just pushed me into the "can wait for eBay" category. Time will tell.

No email yet but yeah things as a whole have slowed down a bit. Many factors in that none of them are that the items are any less cool though.

Very true. The PF is rock solid and no doubt things like a struggling economy, a decrease in LOTR popularity, etc.... are having an impact.

Hopefully though stuff from the maquette line and as more PF get out ontop of The Hobbit new, LOTR EE, etc things will kick back up. Oh yeah the economy as well cause things really suck with that.

Hopefully though stuff from the maquette line and as more PF get out ontop of The Hobbit new, LOTR EE, etc things will kick back up. Oh yeah the economy as well cause things really suck with that.

Yeah, the thing is, I do think the LOTR licence has enjoyed a bit of a surge ever since SS released the maquette group shot photo, but no matter how excited 'ringers' are about some of these news releases...if the money's not there, it's not there....so what are you going to do? :dunno

Yeah, the thing is, I do think the LOTR licence has enjoyed a bit of a surge ever since SS released the maquette group shot photo, but no matter how excited 'ringers' are about some of these news releases...if the money's not there, it's not there....so what are you going to do? :dunno

And let's not forget we are all getting nailed by gas prices to boot. Many reasons not to go overboard.

Agreed 110%

Hmm that new product pushing email was certainly interesting. And I can't say it really gives me a good feeling.

Hmm that new product pushing email was certainly interesting. And I can't say it really gives me a good feeling.

Hmmm.....we haven't had a good "the sky is falling" aka the PF line is on death's door discussions in awhile......:wink1: :lol

Hmmm.....we haven't had a good "the sky is falling" aka the PF line is on death's door discussions in awhile......:wink1: :lol

Another discussion that comes to mind is the mas vs relative appeal of evil characters vs good guy human characters (let alone male vs female). Too many orcs???

Another discussion that comes to mind is the mas vs relative appeal of evil characters vs good guy human characters (let alone male vs female). Too many orcs???
"Too many orcs?" Now I'm confused. Is there such a thing? Where in AZ are you. I'm in Chandler. Always happy to meet for a beer or coffee and have some nerdy statue/fantasy/sci-fi talk. :)

He does seem like filler compared to many other "obvious" choices; but like the Berserker he might end up being a real favorite.

:panic: I would have had a better feeling if the email said the exclusive was sold out and encouraged me to buy the regular. :lol

:panic: I would have had a better feeling if the email said the exclusive was sold out and encouraged me to buy the regular. :lol

I hate to cross global trends here but supposedly the McMansion era is over, people are downsizing, and broke. The PF line is some serious space commitment, product lines expand every year, we all make hard choices about what to buy and not buy. Sometimes this isn't even monetary but space related. I sold a bunch of stuff last night simply because the boxes are huge and I am putting stuff into storage for a year. GTW PF, SSW ML, Frazetta Snow Giants, I figure I can buy it all again when I get back to normal life.

Barbarian, are you the same from statueforum that posts in the Moore section? Do you have a conan bronze?

Back