Black Mesa Source [A Half-Life Remake]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sachiel

Super Freak
Reaction score
After 7-8 years in development, Black Mesa: Source has finally been released! Black Mesa is a free, PC only, third party, complete re-creation of the original Half-Life game on the Source engine for Steam.

Here are the System Requirements - it requires, of coarse, Steam and the Source SDK Base 2007 (which is free to download on Steam if you don't already have a Source-Based game on Steam).

More info in the links below. Enjoy.
yayclod001.png

Official Website
| Facebook Page | Black Mesa Wiki | Download Links

[ame]https://youtu.be/oGlhgVz5r6E[/ame]

I never even knew this was being developed. I don't think I've revisited the game since it first came out. Can't wait to play it again. Thanks for the info!

Wow finally, it's about damn time, I had given up hope. Will install this later tonight and try it out this weekend.

Some more info. The game ends when you leave for Xen. They are still working on it and will release it as it's own game. They say it will be pretty well expanded from the original.

Just downloaded this last night. Been looking forward to playing it for a long time. Still gotta wait till I get home from work though.

Since its been in the works for more than half a dozen years, my question is this: Does it look like a PS2 quality game at this point?

Was playing it for 2 or 3 hours... looks better than most 360 games, actually. :)

Never finished either Half-Life games... got bored (stopped at the point where I had to kill all those big daddy long leg strider things in HL2). :monkey3 I don't think these games aged well.

And unless the story picks up the last 10% of the game... it wasn't anything that I was fond of either.

Never finished either Half-Life games... got bored (stopped at the point where I had to kill all those big daddy long leg strider things in HL2). :monkey3 I don't think these games aged well.

And unless the story picks up the last 10% of the game... it wasn't anything that I was fond of either.

Are you freaking kidding me?!... I love these games, they aren't dated at all to me(I hadn't played them until December, been wanting to play them since they first came out)

They are better than most new titles.

Ignore listed for life :lecture

I've now seen first 20 min, and in reality game looks decent. Its not as nice as HL2 - the lack of any real shadowing is probably the thing that jumps out at me, but it does look nicer than the original game

Haha. It's okay guys... I couldn't get into Mass Effect either... :monkey3

I think I'm not just into shooting stuff. Unless it's RDR... shooting stuff is cool there.

Back