BioWare's "The Old Republic" will be better than the PT

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad it's an MMO. And for those who say you don't got time. DON'T GRIND! Simple as that, HAVE SELF CONTROL. It's not a race to get the best gear loot whatever. I told myself when i started LOTRO that i would not grind like i did in SWG and i had a much better time. I may not have leveled as fast but i did it my way ("my way" what an MMO is supposed to be) It's a game that should take you through years of enjoyment, and exploration. If you can only do a few hours a week so be it. (it'll be up to you to see if it's worth it to you) But like SWG, a chance to explore the SW universe has no price on it. (at least for me) this game is going to be HUGE! Is there a release date yet?

(and i hope i can hunt Krayts like in SWG :))

It's not just the "grinding" aspect of MMORPGs that takes time. If you want to get to the higher levels and adventures, you generally have to be part of a social network like a guild, which means that you have to put in a fair amount of time. Plus you have to pay monthly fees, which seems like a waste if I can only play a few days a month. All things considered, I'd rather have a game that I can put on the shelf for a while when things get busy without feeling like I'm wasting money.

I played through most of the soloable content in World of Warcraft, and it's fun to a point, but it does get old after a while. In my experience the missions and stories tend to be better in offline games, and you don't have to waste time dealing with people who just like to be dicks.

But I may still check this out.

It's not just the "grinding" aspect of MMORPGs that takes time. If you want to get to the higher levels and adventures, you generally have to be part of a social network like a guild, which means that you have to put in a fair amount of time. Plus you have to pay monthly fees, which seems like a waste if I can only play a few days a month. All things considered, I'd rather have a game that I can put on the shelf for a while when things get busy without feeling like I'm wasting money.

I played through most of the soloable content in World of Warcraft, and it's fun to a point, but it does get old after a while. In my experience the missions and stories tend to be better in offline games, and you don't have to waste time dealing with people who just like to be dicks.

But I may still check this out.

You don't have to be in a guild at all. (it is nice) In my experience there's always a group of players ready or willing to help someone out. I've never had a problem getting to "higher level adventures" on my own. Maybe WOW was your problem:naughty. Again the "dicks" thing, again maybe in WOW i've heard they were the worst. But the SWG and LOTRO community were some of the nicest i've ever played with. (sure there will ALWAYS be a few dicks)

And i agree if you only want to play a few days a month, not for you. But i've played as little as once or twice a week with MMO'S and still got my fill.

...that trailer takes me back to the mid-90's when it was announced that a new trilogy was being planned. Before the Special Editions, before Jar Jar and Battle Droids, when the possibilities seemed endless. Sigh. :(

I had the same thoughts. It reminds me of what could have been...

4000 years before ANH. Kind of absurd that techniqes and designs not have much changed in that amount of time... That Sith leader looks like reveal Vader... Star Destroyer and TIE like ships... Lightsabers... everything very simular. That and the given factor that the designers are completley free of whatever they want to do leads the way far away from that was SW stands for.

4000 years before ANH. Kind of absurd that techniqes and designs not have much changed in that amount of time... That Sith leader looks like reveal Vader... Star Destroyer and TIE like ships... Lightsabers... everything very simular. That and the given factor that the designers are completley free of whatever they want to do leads the way far away from that was SW stands for.
yeah i keep waiting for that ONE SW game to come out with something completely different from anything seen so far in any of the movies or games to date.

Wait, what? How does that work?

Bioware talked about using that system WAY back when they first anounced the game. they did not, however explane what they meant.
I'd assume it will function like sony's station store for EQ2, where you can choose to buy in-game money, and have it billed to your account directly from the game.
Sony also has special premium items that are only avaliable this way.

I'm not 100% sure on what exactly bioware is planning with the micro-world economy, but we'll see.

As long as it's not like Second life where that is the ONLY way to get in-game money, it should be fine.

Although the game looks good, I want a new KOTOR for the consoles, I can't run MMORPGs...:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

yeah i keep waiting for that ONE SW game to come out with something completely different from anything seen so far in any of the movies or games to date.

They're either taking the easy way out and going with what we're familiar with or Lucas is stepping in and telling them what he wants to see. :monkey3

Back