Billy - Full Width Doors?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rorkstar

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I'm thinking of picking up another Billy Bookcase, but the problem I have is that the doors have about a 1/2-3/4" gap in the center. I searched high and low for alternative door options, but couldn't find anything.

Does anyone else know if these doors are the only option for Billy? I guess I could live with it, but it would be nice to have one door rather than two that meet in the middle w/the borders?

Or is there a better option altogether? I'm open to new ideas, but I'm looking for a larger case - definitely around the size of a Billy Bookcase.

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

Attachments

• c1.jpg
    c1.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 684
You are able to move the doors a little closer. I had the same problem with my Billy. I don't have an updated picture but I will take one tonight. My doors are about a centimeter away from each other, makes it look a lot better.

You are able to move the doors a little closer. I had the same problem with my Billy. I don't have an updated picture but I will take one tonight. My doors are about a centimeter away from each other, makes it look a lot better.

How did you move them closer?

If you look in the instructions, it tells you which of the screws on the hinge to mess with to alter the doors all different ways. If you look at the bottom of the picture that I included, you can see that if you unscrew the screw towards the front it will allow the doors to move more towards the center. Make sure you do that for all 3 hinges.

BillyDoors.jpg

What doors are you using? I just recently bought a new style billy bookcase and was trying to install the billy morebo doors and can't find where to screw the doors to the shelf :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What doors are you using? I just recently bought a new style billy bookcase and was trying to install the billy morebo doors and can't find where to screw the doors to the shelf :(

They screw into the same holes the shelf pegs use.

Something I found out this past weekend when trying to install my old Morebo doors on a newly bought Billy: the holes have changed. The spacing is still correct, but the holes are too small. I had to figure out which holes I wanted to use, then drill them out to get the screws to fit.

For what it's worth, there was no change on my old Tombo doors mounting them to a new Stuva.

Thank you peeps. I guess I will need to drill some holes then.

So if my understanding is correct the old and discontinued glass doors called "Morebo" need larger holes. The current glass doors called "Morliden" use smaller holes.
Does that mean the current glass doors (Morliden) won't fit the older Billy bookcases because the holes would be too big? If I have an older Billy bookcase would the only glass door option be finding old "Morebo" doors?

I was thinking about getting the Billy and having a sheet of acrylic or something custom cut and just mounting it on one side.

Back