Bilbo Baggins mini-bust review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
I hoping that all the mothers out there are having themselves a wonderful day - you certainly deserve it!

I'm checking out another Gentle Giant bust tonight, this time from the Hobbit license. It's the Hobbit himself, Bilbo Baggins - you can find the review here:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_051214a.htm

or with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

I'm a little perplexed by this review, Michael. I hope you know I love your site and generally agree with your opinions so this is not Hatorade. But you give 3 stars to both the sculpt and paint (which, to me, indicates above average at least work), while your pics and even your written critiques seem to merit 2 stars at best. :dunno
Paint - "the flat colors and simple detailing adds to the dull overall impression." 3 stars?
Sculpt - "very dull and uninspiring when it comes to his pose and expression." 3 stars?

review_bilbobust_3.jpg

Am I being too harsh??? Seriously, honest question! I call my basement bar area Bag End and I am looking to populate it with LOTR/Hobbit collectibles that relate to Bilbo and his home. So maybe I'm a little too nitpicky?

Fair review mike. Haven't had a chance to review mine yet. Think I'm gonna do some video reviews for a while.

for me its all about the angles in regards to this one...some angles he looks good, while other angles..eh

Fair review mike. Haven't had a chance to review mine yet. Think I'm gonna do some video reviews for a while.

That would be helpful for me. I guess I wasn't considering the much smallr size a 1/6 Hobbit bust would be. The simple pose really works for my purposes.

That would be helpful for me. I guess I wasn't considering the much smallr size a 1/6 Hobbit bust would be. The simple pose really works for my purposes.

I will try to get that up asap. I like doing video reviews as a change of pace from just writing them all the time.

Back