Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
still no headsculpt pics- really there has got to be a reason why they show everything but those:slap

sean-connery.jpg

With less than 2 weeks away from shipping, I am beginning to wonder how much difference the final product will look compare to the
prototypes. If the heads turn out to be too small or too large, there is going to be a lot of figures being Marked down if the allotments sits
with no purchase. Crossing my fingers this will not be the case

You can see in the Connery figure that even the shoes got attention, they detail painted the soles edges in a mate tone to set it apart from the shiny leather effect on the shoe. Think this level of detail will not be in the production figure...but I could be wrong...another difference is the shirt collar on this particular figure is less sharp in look and shape than the first prototype shown, still the tailoringbof the suit looks great and sharp on this same figure...so...who knows...maybe this are what we will get....Goldfinger face paint and hair is not as detailed as the first prototype shown either...

I won't bother with the whole story here, but yes - I've been on the receiving end of their poor customer service. They did eventually sort it out, but took three months and a lot of emails, wasted time and stress.

I'm sure there's a reason, but may I ask why not just order from Sideshow or another retailer? The exclusives?

I for one have done one order with Big Chief and it was such a monumental pain that I'll never do it again.
Thanks for the information guys!

One of the reasons I ordered directly through BCS was the exclusives, but they are not that great of a deal for me. I also wanted to help support the company by buying these direct, but I will not be doing that again. The customer support, and issues, I have faced make it hard for me to want to spend any further money with them. If I decide to continue supporting the line, I will purchase them from another retailer who is in the States.

I unquestionably love the look of these figures, and I'm very excited to see this entire line, but when a company provides poor service, I often hesitate when it comes to spending any further money with them. As much as I want to get into this line, these figures are merely luxury items which I can do without having. :(

Sorry to hear about your experience, Owl.

I received an email asking me to pay shipping. It's strange that they charged you at all, but maybe you're on payment plan which might be different. I paid all at once back in February and simply received a note like many others that it was time to pay the outstanding shipping.

So far no funny business.

I do hope the Dec 11th date is still the day these will be ready to start shipping.

Sounds like these guys have left the dock and are on their way to the UK (for the BCS Exclusives) and elsewhere.

I don't know about the BCS bodies but am betting these are gonna blow us away (digital painting isn't easy to screw up). When you have a super high profile license and want to up your game and please not only the licensor but most of all your customers, it is very unlikely these will suck. There... I said it.

Sounds like these guys have left the dock and are on their way to the UK (for the BCS Exclusives) and elsewhere.

I don't know about the BCS bodies but am betting these are gonna blow us away (digital painting isn't easy to screw up). When you have a super high profile license and want to up your game and please not only the licensor but most of all your customers, it is very unlikely these will suck. There... I said it.

Digital painting is very easy to screw up. McFarlane demonstrated that recently with their Stranger Things figures. Eleven looks like a zombie and Hopper drunk, so at least he looks ok :lol

I think I'm going to need an industrial sized vat of popcorn for this thread when these start to hit... :p

If any of you have never owned a figure from BCS the only advice I can give is don't get too excited, they can be underwhelming.

crap- my hopes are high- these are grail figures for me- i have the set ordered at BBTS but will cancel if they look inferior in hand....waiting for some real pics from the production pieces

If by chance they look like crap (and we of course don't want them to suck), there will probably be a lot of fans cancelling the figures
which would mean they will be discounted. That would be really disappointing.

Boy, it it just very odd these figures are still not being shown with a release date so close now.

If any of you have never owned a figure from BCS the only advice I can give is don't get too excited, they can be underwhelming.

It’s good advice and underwhelming is being generous. Still super bummed this is who got the lisence. Even the pictures on the page before have a custom /kit bash vibe to them and that’s of course the ideal way they turn out too.

The WIP looked ok for tailoring and that’s a relief. It’s the hardest thing to fix. I already know I’ll be swapping the bodies and repainting the heads.

Back