Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fantastic interview and pictures!

After seeing the unpainted Goldfinger sculpt, I must say that the likeness is much better than I initially thought. This statement is in no way an insult to the artist who painted the sculpt. Sometimes, you just need to see a sculpt unpainted to appreciate all of the detail.

All three head sculpts appear to be great, but I think that my favorite is still Oddjob. Although, I'll make my final decision on that when I get them in hand.

I'm surprised to hear that BCS is planning on releasing their Moore wave in the Spring/Summer. It seems so soon.

After seeing the unpainted Goldfinger sculpt, I must say that the likeness is much better than I initially thought. This statement is in no way an insult to the artist who painted the sculpt. Sometimes, you just need to see a sculpt unpainted to appreciate all of the detail.

All three head sculpts appear to be great, but I think that my favorite is still Oddjob. Although, I'll make my final decision on that when I get them in hand.

I'm surprised to hear that BCS is planning on releasing their Moore wave in the Spring/Summer. It seems so soon.
Is there also Moore sculpt pics?

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I thought a Spring/Summer release seemed ambitious considering we haven't heard anything on the Goldfinger set release yet.

The sculpts do look amazing. And I agree, something makes Oddjob the standout -- perhaps his perfect dour expression. I really hope the heights are consistent to the actual characters as well (meaning that Oddjob is sufficiently short enough).

Everything in that article really keeps my excitement rev'd for these figures. God, I hope they're great and come close to the protos.

Cool article, and I like that they're really making a huge effort to get these right. Although I still want to wait for in hand pics to make sure the actual suits will look as nice as the proto, since I still remember how awful their final Moriarty suit looked.

Maybe that's why BC have been holding off on the PO for the LALD figures; they want to be further into the production so as to reduce the wait time from PO to release. Definitely wouldn't have been expecting a mid-2018 release for them that's for sure.

They also could be waiting to show off the production version of their Goldfinger set to help sales of the Live And Let Die set... which would mean they are proud of their Goldfinger figures.

"We will be focusing on the classic Bond for the next few waves."

Classic Bond, does that mean Connery to Dalton?

Likely Connery to Moore. That spans 3 decades. Plenty to do there. Much more than all the rest combined.

I recall them saying that they weren't interested in Brosnan and Craig, so naturally, I assumed that mean Connery, Lazenby, Moore & Dalton..

I recall them saying that they weren't interested in Brosnan and Craig, so naturally, I assumed that mean Connery, Lazenby, Moore & Dalton..

IIRC, it's not that they aren't interested (as in never) just it's not the focus for now.

Would love them to be interested in sharing an update on where they are with the Goldfinger set.

They promised by end of September to release "some news". Been a month of silence.

Would love them to be interested in sharing an update on where they are with the Goldfinger set.

They promised by end of September to release "some news". Been a month of silence.

In the email response from BCS customer service to me on Oct. 10, they said that "The 8th Doctor" will ship by the end of Nov. or early Dec., but definitely before Christmas and that once it "ships," customers in the USA will get theirs the next day. But I said, "No, I ordered the Connery figure, not the 8th Doctor" to which they responded, "Oh, that's what I meant to say" :lol I guess they have a US based warehouse?

Back