Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bond is an instant buy for me! That is like the quintessential bond look. I’m excited. I wonder when and if this will go up for preorder on sideshow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Figure of Connery looks square and clumsy...I'm afraid it's same awful body as before...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk

View attachment 455743

From Big Chief’s FB page.

Bond doesn’t look great in my opinion but the Laurel and Hardy ones look on point.

Very excited for Dr. No. Ironically, he's a bit broad shouldered for Wiseman but still... incredible sculpt.

Like they did with Goldfinger, one thing BCS consistently gets right is the relative heights on their Bond figures.

Screenshot_20190531-213131_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
Bond is probably the weakest figure in that shot. No, L and H, Ming, all looks great. If they can up their quality from Goldfinger they might just survive. Wish they could get their prices down!

Damn Bond looks to have the same weak body
as before. If this is the best it is going to get
from the Prototype, Bond fans could be in for
another round of disappointment.

I wonder what happened to the Live And Let Die line? Going on 7 months beyond its scheduled release.

I look at Dr No and forget that not only has it not been officially previewed, but it also hasn't gone up for its year-long (at least) PO window. I fear a Q1 2021 delivery date.

Bond is probably the weakest figure in that shot. No, L and H, Ming, all looks great. If they can up their quality from Goldfinger they might just survive. Wish they could get their prices down!

This is pretty much my view. Bond looks dodgy, IMO comparable to the old Sideshow stuff. Dr No looks phenomenal.

At the prices they charge for what has so far shown itself to be sub-par product, this line and BCS as a whole are ready for the bin.

Hell, as much as I look forward to it, I won't bat an eye at the Dalton figure if it's 200 odd quid and has dodgy everything. That's if it even arrives, these waits are unacceptable.

Update email from BCS:

James Bond, Solitaire and Baron Samedi (Live and Let Die)
Tooling is virtually complete and the pre-production costumes are being made ready for us to sign off for mass production. As soon as the tooling has been completed and tested, the character heads will test painted, we will send through any amends and the pre-production samples will be made.

Tooling - underway and to be completed next week
Pre-production Sample - expected end June
Mass Production - expected to begin mid July and be completed by mid September.
Ship Date - end September

Update email from BCS:

James Bond, Solitaire and Baron Samedi (Live and Let Die)
Tooling is virtually complete and the pre-production costumes are being made ready for us to sign off for mass production. As soon as the tooling has been completed and tested, the character heads will test painted, we will send through any amends and the pre-production samples will be made.

Tooling - underway and to be completed next week
Pre-production Sample - expected end June
Mass Production - expected to begin mid July and be completed by mid September.
Ship Date - end September

The time it's taken is unforgivable.

If they finally learn their lesson, and will move forward with everything else in a timely manner, I say let them have this one. And I understand that they ran into problems with the factories etc., but those are their problems, they should’ve had contingencies in place.

That’s why Q gives Bond a watch that’s bezel can turn into a rotating saw, because who knows what the ____ your gonna run into out there.

I think they need a slap on the hand....physically. Then they will learn the lesson, only with discipline.

Then we have to explain to these people why we spanked them and tell them that it’s because we love them.

Then good figures will be made people.

I’m sorry..lol I had to. Reading everyone’s comments really makes it sound like you guys are parents discussing your children. Lol

I'm sure BCS is not too happy with the delay themselves. The current estimated release (Sept 2019) is nearly a year past when it was originally scheduled to be released (Nov 2018), and that delay has to cost them a pretty penny.

I do hope there is a noticeable improvement with the new factory.

I also hope Dr. No is a much tighter schedule.

I do hope there is a noticeable improvement with the new factory.

I also hope Dr. No is a much tighter schedule.

I expect this, rather than hope for it. With the amount of time and money it's taken, it'd be unbelievable if things haven't changed and it'd mean grim things.

These figures NEED to be good, now. For everybody's sake.

Back