Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So much doom and gloom. The line is dead! Put the nail in the coffin! I don't think we're there yet.

I'm just hoping for more Bond figures. If they get made, good. If BCS drops the line, then that sucks. Having no official option for Bond figures isn't good for anyone and neither are more expensive customs and mediocre kitbashes to the extent that kitbashes of characters like Auric or Solitaire can be done.

No one has to be happy about the way things went with the nose rubs. BCS wasn't happy about it and they eventually corrected the issue and moved production to a factory that they anticipate will be better for future products. I'm a little more annoyed that I paid full price for the Goldfinger set--showing my support for the line up-front--and now you can get all three figures for the price of two. Lesson learned there for both me (early adopters are more likely to get burned) and BCS (don't overproduce your figures and consider giving some pre-order incentives to your most ardent supporters).

I will continue to support this line and look forward to more Bond figures, but I will be a little more cautious about how I do that. BCS' Launch Pad program and production relocation indicates that they've taken the lessons of the Goldfinger set to heart, too. It'll be easier to gauge the health of this line after the LALD figures are released and after the first Bond figure goes through the Launch Pad process.

If decent I will buy the LALD figures as I think they are pretty good examples of the Moore era. What I want the most are Dr No Bond, Honey and Dr No, Thunderball scuba Bond and Domino and YOLT Blofeld. All most likely not to be produced..

I ve chatted with Mark Andrews,the chief exec,several times at shows(mainly the NEC Memorabilia fairs in Birmingham,England)and his passion for the product and frustration at the delays and factory problems shine through in equal measure.Hes very friendly and forthcoming about what they have planned....

That's reassuring to hear and I do hope with a new factory that BCS is able to re-jumpstart this line for 2019 and offer more product within a year.

Also hoping the delivery time gets tightened up but no company seems to be able to get their delivery windows down to 6 months.

What they're doing now doesn't help those with bad Goldfinger Bonds, they're stuck with them, unless they get loose Dr No Connery heads when, and indeed if, they come out.

They still have a lot to do to restore faith among those that have already bought figures.

I personally would have preferred a Dalton in TLD's winter leather jacket with a chello case or a LTK blue suit from the final act.
That said, the tux (if it's from TLD's opera sniper scene) makes sense, especially if he comes with the velcro collar (which he seems to do) and the rifles.

I personally would have preferred a Dalton in TLD's winter leather jacket with a chello case or a LTK blue suit from the final act.
That said, the tux (if it's from TLD's opera sniper scene) makes sense, especially if he comes with the velcro collar (which he seems to do) and the rifles.

I'll riot if he's released without a WA2000.

Bowie prolly wouldve played Zorin with a german accent , I bet.....in the childrens cassette story Zorin has a french accent , weird :p

"Dalton in TLD's winter leather jacket with a chello case"

That does sound cool......

I'll riot if he's released without a WA2000.

It's probably the reason why the went with a TLD tux version- otherwise, what's the point? Q already comes with the LTK accessories (which were already done really well by Sideshow 17 years ago).

On a side note, the photo you're using as your avatar was taken only a block from my home.

Watched From Russia, With Love and curious about something, in the movie I never heard anyone say Grant's name as "Red". They only call him Grant or Donald. Did the alias "Red" come from him ordering red wine on the train?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Watched From Russia, With Love and curious about something, in the movie I never heard anyone say Grant's name as "Red". They only call him Grant or Donald. Did the alias "Red" come from him ordering red wine on the train?

Red because he's Russian.

Anyone who preorder LALD figures got an update? I'll probably get bond but haven't preordered

DescriptiveLonelyBug-size_restricted.gif

Back