Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was pretty convinced already that if they continue with Bond at all it would be through their potential crowd-funding platform.

I don't think that will be too successful either if they're looking to get 2,000 units made. Even with TSWLM, I doubt there's more than 300-600 collectors out there at best still interested in Bond 1962-1989.

From this point forward, I'd say old-world Bond is relegated to small group customs and one-offs. I say this sadly.

I wonder if Babs has seen the BCS figures yet, don't forget that she pulled the plug after seeing the SSC. Time to make the most of what we've got I think....

I'm glad we at least got GF. My set is proudly displayed in my bedroom.

They should have followed up with Craig. Big mistake.

Yes that finished the line- keeping classic releases appeals to such a small part of the 1/6 collectors

Although Doctor Who is their biggest seller, Bond is doing well for them, especially the Connery figure. So I wouldn't get too doom and gloomy. If I were to guess, the sale was more about incentivizing people to buy the villains.

Guys, Now BC is blowing out the Bond line

Just heard they are selling the 3 figures
For “ buy 2 , get 1 free”

I don’t think BC will go too far with the Bond
line as sales must be down.

Man, and I paid full retail and waited a year for them

Sad to see this but I think BC Bond is probably done.

Their first Wave of Bond probably did not sell well
as they are blowing them out now

Given that the handful of collectors who wanted this probably already bought the other Moore figure, I'm guessing sales were not good.

And yeah, the poor QC and proportions on the Goldfinger figures surely didn't help either.

Didn’t anyone else get the update email?

“Dear customer,
Firstly we wanted to thank you for your continued patience whilst you await the arrival of your eagerly anticipated James Bond Live and Let Die Collection Sixth Scale Character Replica Figure.
We wanted to update you as to how we are progressing.
As we reported via our update emails back in June and then in November of last year, tooling was in the process of being located, collated, checked and transferred to the new factory. We were originally advised that the transfer would be completed by the end of September, but was actually completed mid December, which meant that production could not begin as we had hoped in October.
Throughout the holiday season we have been working closely with the new factory to check the tooling in advance of production. There is not a great deal of time before Chinese New Year and the annual holiday celebrations throughout China, so production will re-commence upon the factory’s return to work.
We are yet to be advised of the final completion date by the new factory, but we will keep you posted with further updates, together with production images as soon as we receive them.
Thank you for your support and patience
The BIG Chief Studios Team”

Back