Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am no expert on this, but can’t they recast the head and it will shrink or something like that? I’ve seen different customizations where they have a shrunken head version of this, or a shrunken head version of that. That would solve a lot of the problems.

And yes, he is not Arnold Schwarzenegger in Commando.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well if they are casting off a larger print, then the size will always be the size... if they cast off a cast, then size could be fixed but you lose quality of details, they get softer. They would have to print a new master slightly smaller. But in the video he looks fine from afar, just the shoulders are not as wide as they need to be, so the head appears larger.

And yes, I was listening for a delivery time table too but never got that answer. It would be nice if this kick-starter program could also tighten up the delivery window to about 6 months like you said.

I’ve tried to turn the Goldfinger head, into a Thunderball version, and I keep expanding the shoulders, and it’s still not enough.

e38091e7110e7dc0e79371beb5acc0a9.png

My point is if Big Chief Studios is stuck with one specific type of body only for the Bond line, then just do the shrunken head thing, with a custom adapter so that the peg will fit into the hole at the top of the chest or whatever

That’s right, it’s 2018, they can just 3-D print smaller head, which is exactly what they should do ...

There is so much potential in that figure

So basically this "Launchpad" program is the same thing we've been doing in custom interest threads forever-- you commit early on with deposits and there's a very limited number of sets being made and you (hopefully) get to comment and suggest improvements along the way.

I guess if it helps get less popular characters made it's worthwhile, but it seems like there would still be a long wait for them to actually get produced. And this time we'd be locked in and would have to buy no matter how the final product turned out! :lol

They originally said elsewhere that a projected release date will be included whenever something is 'launched', and that if the product reached the target and went ahead that they were guaranteeing delivery within 60 days of that original release date window. The whole point being that they want to significantly shorten the pre-order to release timeframe for future products.

A noble intent, but a risky promise to make in my opinion. Still, we'll see...

Clearly the gentleman in the video has positive intentions, and he obviously is a fan and a collector

I like the intentions, and trust the integrity of the intent.
Unfortunately reality has a habit of setting in and preventing intentions from being met.

I do know that I won’t be complaining if, after any or all of these go into production, that the 60 day window closes before delivery.
In mean time, I’ll be content with my Tux 007 utilizing the first BC head.
C9F3471A-48DD-40D4-93ED-158AD93583D3.jpeg
05AF50E2-7374-4335-B458-EB4A47D7B1BF.jpeg

I finally managed to find my Harvey Dent Hot Toys body. I had it on my custom Matt Murdock. I switched him for a narrow shoulder body and used the bigger shoulders for my custom Bond. Until I can get a black tuxedo I have put him in a spare grey suit I have. I also used ankle extenders on him. He's a work in progress so far but I think the body shape suits Connery's tall broad shouldered look.

Attachments

• 20181009_233038.jpg
    20181009_233038.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 219
  • 20181009_233054.jpg
    20181009_233054.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 219
  • 20181009_233129.jpg
    20181009_233129.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 218
  • 20181009_233134.jpg
    20181009_233134.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 223
With this launchpad thing though, that means you *have* to buy through Big Chief correct? Being in the U.S., I feel like it's a lot cheaper to buy from a U.S. based retailer than from the U.K.. At least, that was my experience in the past. Not to mention that Big Chief's payment system sucks (at least, it did the last time I used it, which was admittedly a few years ago).

So is this only for some specific smaller-interest characters, or are all figures going to be released this way? I may give up on the Bond line if each one of them requires it.

Last edited:
I wonder if retailers will participate in this launchpad program and reserve/prepay a few dozen or even hundred units? If so, hopefully some of the usual US retailers carries these figures.

Unfortunately, in my experience, Big chief have the worst history for not taking constructive feedback well. He says he wants the community to get involved, but I'm reluctant due to my past dealings with them and their customer service. I for one won't be locking myself into anything they offer. Plus their quality suffers a lot. So, I now gauge their final product, rather than prototype, and if I like it I see which retailers offer the best price or go direct. IMO, what he proposes is just not going to work well.

If this gets me a licensed Daniel Craig Bond then I'm in but I have my doubts about this whole Launchpad thing. It sounds good but I have a feeling it'll be bumpy for a while.

all this smacks that the line was a sales dud for one reason or another- don't hold your breath on the LALD figures...

The Connery figure needed to be outstanding to instil some confidence in the line, but that was not the case. Nose rubs, poor fit of the suit, wrong choice of body and inadequate customer support have sadly impacted on the success of the line. Oddjob and Goldfinger fared much better, so there is still hope.

To me that Dr No sculpt doesn't look as good as the Goldfinger one - which was truly great - and sad to say the 13th Doctor figure has a likeness that's inferior to the Character Options one. A repaint of that plus the Barbie outfit (no, really) will give you a better 13th Doctor.

I don't know about the Launch pad thing. I wish them well with it for the sake of collectors who might get the figures they want.

Back