Big Chief Studios - Dr. Who Weeping Angels

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree that it would have to be a deliberate action by the angel whether to send someone back in time. It could be that's not always their intention.

I can't wait for these. I agree that I'm having a hard time justifying the BCS prices. It would be nice to see them work with a dealer again. However, to get niche products like Doctor Who sometimes you have to pay more. I would pay a premium for other licenses like Firefly too.

I also think these should be done in polystone, but I am concerned that BCS lacks experience there.

I can't wait for these. I agree that I'm having a hard time justifying the BCS prices. It would be nice to see them work with a dealer again. However, to get niche products like Doctor Who sometimes you have to pay more. I would pay a premium for other licenses like Firefly too.

I also think these should be done in polystone, but I am concerned that BCS lacks experience there.

Great post, and a good point about BCS lacking experience with polystone... but surely a living statue is the ideal first project?

The Angels kept evolving (or devolving you might say) with each appearance. I'm just glad they got back to sending people back in time instead of just killing them or whatever. That was pretty boring.

One thing to remember about when the Angel grabbed Clara's ankle. We HAVE seen that before. I think you can infer that an Angel's touch and it's effect isn't instantaneous. The Angel has to initiate the process. This makes a lot of sense, because the Angel would be sending door knobs back in time every time it entered a door! Back in The Angels Take Manhattan, an Angel grabbed River's wrist, and she wasn't instantly transported. I guess in that case (like this one) she looked at the Angel in enough time to prevent it from activating the time-displacement.

Yes, this is a reach... but it kind of makes sense, too. :D

Yeah, but a door knob isn't a living thing. It has no life force to feed off of. I don't think they can send inanimate objects back in time. That'd be hilarious if they did, though.

One of the things that made the Angels so interesting is their forced solitude. They can't look at anyone, they can't touch anyone... It was such a strong, interesting concept. And then it got all muddy.

I always thought maybe the reason why the Angel that grabbed River didn't send her back in time was because it had been wounded, but even that theory has holes. Honestly, so much stuff no longer makes sense in DW. :cuckoo:

Oh well. The figure should be cool. You know what villain I'd love as a figure that'll never happen? The Clockwork Droids! That would be amazing.

A Clockword Droid would be fantastic, although I have to say I do love my CO one.

Yeah, but a door knob isn't a living thing. It has no life force to feed off of. I don't think they can send inanimate objects back in time. That'd be hilarious if they did, though.

One of the things that made the Angels so interesting is their forced solitude. They can't look at anyone, they can't touch anyone... It was such a strong, interesting concept. And then it got all muddy.

I always thought maybe the reason why the Angel that grabbed River didn't send her back in time was because it had been wounded, but even that theory has holes. Honestly, so much stuff no longer makes sense in DW. :cuckoo:

Oh well. The figure should be cool. You know what villain I'd love as a figure that'll never happen? The Clockwork Droids! That would be amazing.

You know about the CO 12" Clockwork Droids, right? Basically, they're so good that there isn't an awful lot of point in BCS making new ones.

I think I bought one of the last clockwork droids from WhoNA. They really are fantastic. Especially the clockwork detail when you remove the mask. Good stuff.

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet, what a bunch of slackers we are.

1779164_10153011739896002_1784620241_n.jpg

It really does look beautiful. I might bite if they aren't crazy expensive.

It really does look beautiful. I might bite if they aren't crazy expensive.

It would be amazing if these were cheaper than a Doctor figure. At the right price I might even get two to be able to display them with different heads.

At the right price I'll buy 2 and I don't even collect the 1/6th Doctors. I'm sure I'm not the only one too.

These really need to be a two pack at the $175-200 price range. :pray:

I am intrigued to see how it goes. I got the Bioshock Infinite Columbia statue, and she was $110 and limited to a 1000 pieces. The arms attach with magnets. But, she was also made by a bigger company and didn't have as many pieces so who knows. But it makes me hopeful these could come in at a lower price. I really do think it'd be amazing to get two, one to display as weeping and one in a screaming pose.

Back