Big Chief Studios BBC Sherlock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks scaled down in size?

Nope. Just the angle of that photo. Look at my quick pic a few pages back. The hat also adds to the shrunken effect because of his hair on the first one, so it is shorter, but the sculpt itself is the same.

Nope. Just the angle of that photo. Look at my quick pic a few pages back. The hat also adds to the shrunken effect because of his hair on the first one, so it is shorter, but the sculpt itself is the same.
Gotcha. I'm interested to see how their classic Sherlock fairs. We've got a ways to go on that fella, but now with HT and their non-scan based Cumberbatch sculpt easily being one of their best works, BCS really needs to take that next leap with their product.

Gotcha. I'm interested to see how their classic Sherlock fairs. We've got a ways to go on that fella, but now with HT and their non-scan based Cumberbatch sculpt easily being one of their best works, BCS really needs to take that next leap with their product.

The original Trevor Grove sculpt is good and does look better when painted by anyone else other than whoever BCS use.

This is a paintup by Chris Caraveo, for instance:

1910380_1501749503461255_491144022179842391_n.jpeg

This is from Viva - The Dr. Strange sculptor (he sculpted the Cumberbatch face for HT):

14292297_1283128725055293_447021624529137076_n.jpeg

And this is from Viva's FB page:

14435149_1293578500676982_5720193095307260683_o.jpeg

I'd love that sculpt.

The prototype of the BCS classic Sherlock looks much better, so we'll see. . .

I believe somebody needs to produce head by Inigo for this.His Victorian sculpt likeness is really decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surprise?? That's why I preordered mine on the first day :lol

I wasnt expecting much for the deerstalker head, the door was my obsession ;-)

But now I have to say I very much prefer hatted version even if he wore it for some seconds on the series.

It just screams Sherlock and has a really nice paintjob.

My way to display for the moment.

I'm happy about you, guys, who are happy and my apologaise for those, who have bought new bodies because of my advise and now think they are not necessarry.Sorry about yours spent.But I still have opinion about head should be above coats colar and shoulders shouldn't be on one level with the ears how it was before I changed the body
evapunyq.jpg
de7atune.jpg

MUCH BETTER what body is that please???

It was Ttm 18 knock off.Narrow shoulder body with seperate neck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c4yfkpsxsU4.jpg

He is still barefoot but his look is almost ready. And God, I need his coat, cannot find it separately!

Big Chief are up to their usual tricks.

They're now sending out emails to existing customers trying to entice them to buy the 221b door with a 30% discount code. Just checked and they've increased the price from £110 to £130. Sneaky. Customers absorbing a large proportion of that 30% then.

I'm annoyed because I paid full retail, up front, over a year before delivery. It was double the cost it is now.

Not buying from them anymore. I'll wait for eBay.

They're now sending out emails to existing customers trying to entice them to buy the 221b door with a 30% discount code. Just checked and they've increased the price from £110 to £130. Sneaky. Customers absorbing a large proportion of that 30% then.

I'm annoyed because I paid full retail, up front, over a year before delivery. It was double the cost it is now.

That's shady but don't Sideshow do things like that?

It's okay to be annoyed, but it's something you should've seen coming.

This is the gamble when you pre-order something. You never know how the community as a whole will react to it. It could sell out, it could sit and gather dust. The fact is, you looked at it at the time, thought the price was worth it and paid that price. You thought there was value there. What you learned a year down the line shouldn't impact your assessment of its value. If you thought it was worth £220 back then, and paid that price, it should still be worth that to you now. Unless you received it and it was poorly constructed.

It's okay to be annoyed, but it's something you should've seen coming.

This is the gamble when you pre-order something. You never know how the community as a whole will react to it. It could sell out, it could sit and gather dust. The fact is, you looked at it at the time, thought the price was worth it and paid that price. You thought there was value there. What you learned a year down the line shouldn't impact your assessment of its value. If you thought it was worth £220 back then, and paid that price, it should still be worth that to you now. Unless you received it and it was poorly constructed.

Reread what I said. No need to preach the obvious.

"It's okay to be annoyed" Thanks for your blessing :lol :lol

Can I ask why you're regularly condescending to me? Or are you like it to a few members?

That's shady but don't Sideshow do things like that?

You mean increasing the price and then doing the discount? Not sure I've seen anyone else do it.

You mean increasing the price and then doing the discount? Not sure I've seen anyone else do it.

That's the way most retailers run sales. With the advent of online retail, and how quickly you can adjust pricing across your entire inventory, it's quite common to raise prices 40% before sending out a "50% off everything" promo.

Many of the stores I shop at, list almost everything at half off MSRP, so it's always on sale, and discounts don't count. So, the 50% off is just to get you to click and land on their page, then you find out everything is their regular price. When everything is on sale, nothing is.

But if you're just here to complain about BCS, have at it. You have my blessing.

Back