Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi. I got a figure of the Eleventh Doctor from his first season look, and the wrist peg broke off in the hand.

Where can I get a replacement wrist peg, if any? Sadly it didn’t come with any replacements.

I checked a few hot toys, and threezeros I had, and none were the correct size or shape

Any help/direction would be appreciated, please and thank you

Attachments

• IMG_3471.jpeg
    IMG_3471.jpeg
    1,006.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3473.jpeg
    IMG_3473.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Thanks I ordered a couple and I’ll give it a try.

Now to YouTube how to get a peg out of a hand lol.

Thanks a lot for the link, I greatly appreciate ya
Heat the hand up in some boiling water, then prize out the broken peg piece with the help of a small screwdriver. Non sonic of course:D

Very expensive... For that kind of money a scarf should be included.
I pretty much consider them a low level con. The quality is good but not enough to justify the prices; no one making a costume for a glorified Action Man doll should charge those prices. If people didn't needleasly fawn over them they'd probably have decent prices.

Yeah, the 2nd Romana would be the top priority for me (especially in her pink frock coat). I think that a wiser company than Big Chief should focus on doing DW figures and the Doctors should be priority, but it would be nice if they do companions and villains.

Big Chief had a Master lined up - thought of preordering but dodged that bullet - but the problem with them is that they kept buying up all these licenses and creating prototypes instead of just focusing on one or two that sell, like Doctor and James Bond. They seem to have thought that buying licenses and getting preorders would solve the financial difficulties they found themselves in and just compounded their problems
I wish another company would do 1/6
and make more of the companions
I would like Romana v2 the most

Yeah, the 2nd Romana would be the top priority for me (especially in her pink frock coat). I think that a wiser company than Big Chief should focus on doing DW figures and the Doctors should be priority, but it would be nice if they do companions and villains.

Big Chief had a Master lined up - thought of preordering but dodged that bullet - but the problem with them is that they kept buying up all these licenses and creating prototypes instead of just focusing on one or two that sell, like Doctor and James Bond. They seem to have thought that buying licenses and getting preorders would solve the financial difficulties they found themselves in and just compounded their problems

There's another company that I can think of that did the exact same thing. Good ol' Tell Tale games. They also went belly up.

Dr Who, in the beginning it was William Hartnell who I recall stepped out from the Police Box located in a Scrap Yard, I remained with the show with Patrick Troughton and Jon Pertwee. I returned with McCann in the one off show and again during the relaunch with Christopher Eccleston. Like the Time Lord I have moved on yet I still have fond memories, the rest is history.

Did they change their policy!? Last time I shopped there, I'm sure they had a minimum spend policy in place. It may have been $10 or something like that.
I never heard of that policy. It was back in August of last year since i shopped there. I bought around 80 Euro worth of parts during their 60% off all stock sale.

Dr Who, in the beginning it was William Hartnell who I recall stepped out from the Police Box located in a Scrap Yard, I remained with the show with Patrick Troughton and Jon Pertwee. I returned with McCann in the one off show and again during the relaunch with Christopher Eccleston. Like the Time Lord I have moved on yet I still have fond memories, the rest is history.
No Tom?

tom-baker-gif-11.gif

It was nothing to do with Tom Baker, more where I was at the time. I had by this time questions about the feasibility of the Daleks. Looking back in time I was ready for the future and Predator.

I did have the scarf but not the curly locks.

I managed to pick these up from one of Big Chief's liquidation sales on Etsy.

il_1140xN.5914332262_gihu.png
il_1140xN.5914332264_etc8.png

il_794xN.5914313066_mk3p.png
il_794xN.5914313058_epdx.png

Attachments

• il_794xN.5914313058_epdx.png
    il_794xN.5914313058_epdx.png
    236 KB · Views: 1
  • il_794xN.5914313066_mk3p.png
    214.5 KB · Views: 0
  • il_794xN.5914313066_mk3p.png
    214.5 KB · Views: 0
  • il_1140xN.5914332264_etc8.png
    il_1140xN.5914332264_etc8.png
    740.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
My thinking is why would I sink more money for things I basically already paid for at someone else's profit. Too many questions for me to be comfortable with this. I see what you are saying though. Like I said, I still feel a bit bitter about the whole thing.

My thinking is why would I sink more money for things I basically already paid for at someone else's profit. Too many questions for me to be comfortable with this. I see what you are saying though. Like I said, I still feel a bit bitter about the whole thing.
Fair enough. My orders with them were all with Sideshow, so I was lucky enough to get a refund for everything I had on pre-order.

At the end of the day I'm a massive Doctor Who fan (especially 10th Doctor), so getting these heads were worth it to me as an upgrade for my figure for one of my favorite characters. Any anger I have at Big Chief is secondary to that love for the show, so I didn't mind. For me it's no different than any of the other custom upgrades I've bought over the years.

Back