Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, there!

I stumbled upon this thread because I was looking for any kind of update. May I ask who you emailed? I sent something to them that I filled out with hopes that MAYBE there was a chance we'd be able to reclaim the money they sat on. Now the email that I sent all that information to isn't working anymore. I'd love to be able to make sure I can be kept in the loop and make sure those that should have my information that I had the 4th Doctor and K-9 paid in full, actually DO have my information.

Thank you.

I emailed the two guys overseeing the liquidation.

The response was specifically from Stephen Katz though, one of the aforementioned guys assigned to the case.
I wouldn't bother them with any requests for a refund as they don't deal with that and that stage has long since passed, the money has been counted and split already.

Good question about being kept in the loop, though. I have no idea how you'd find out if there were any legal charges brought forward, nor if there was any final breakdown of which debts were paid off with what money.

Happy birthday Timelord:happybday

For fans who may not know...tonight at 20.30 GMT, BBC4 are showing a new 75 minute colourised version of the very first Dalek story.
It's the most excited i've been for new Dr who in a long,long time. Can't wait to see how it looks.:blissy

I took some new pics for the day that is in it....

DSC_0183.JPG
DSC_0290.JPG
DSC_0237.JPG
DSC_0335.JPG
DSC_0352.JPG
DSC_0416.JPG
DSC_0245.JPG

I wish we could have had the 14th Doctor in 1/6 scale, I mean, new clothes than 10th and updated sculpt. I hope one day we get 1/6 figures again from some company.

I mean there's always a chance if the show takes off some third parties may jump on it. Seems more likely than an official route at this point.

Only have the 9th Doctor figure , missed out on the sell for Tenet & Smith sadly .
Ecclestone's short run was terrific and hooked me in , the next 2 kept it going till sadly the wheels fell of (at least for me). The only thing that could get me back is get rid of everything since the unlucky #13 .
s-l1600 (28).jpg

I don't know what body that is in the pic, but, it's not the one that comes on the figure. This and the 10 were quite good, but, nowhere near good enough to justify the £225 my retailer is STILL asking for them.

There are 1/6 statues of 10 and 4 already out, it's possible that MR have just picked up the toolings for them and the rest.

I don't know what body that is in the pic, but, it's not the one that comes on the figure. This and the 10 were quite good, but, nowhere near good enough to justify the £225 my retailer is STILL asking for them.

There are 1/6 statues of 10 and 4 already out, it's possible that MR have just picked up the toolings for them and the rest.
The body used in that proto pic did come with the original release. The newer ZAVVI version used a different body where you can see the horrible neck joint.

Yeah way too much , paid $98 at master replicas in Aug .

I wish we could have had the 14th Doctor in 1/6 scale, I mean, new clothes than 10th and updated sculpt. I hope one day we get 1/6 figures again from some company.
Me too, but BCS shat the bed so comprehensively that I can’t see the licence being even offered again.

Sad that no third parties have swooped in to take advantage of the vacuum here. I was so excited to get the longer haired 12th Doctor with guitar, and possibly the Delgado Master as well. My display case remains who-less. That new 12th doctor was going to be my first big chief figure, instead I just got scammed.

However considering the show is getting a big relaunch on Disney Plus in a few months with a new Season 1 (tv is like comics now!), I wonder if that could lead to a revival in interest in products like this.

Sad that no third parties have swooped in to take advantage of the vacuum here. I was so excited to get the longer haired 12th Doctor with guitar, and possibly the Delgado Master as well. My display case remains who-less. That new 12th doctor was going to be my first big chief figure, instead I just got scammed.

However considering the show is getting a big relaunch on Disney Plus in a few months with a new Season 1 (tv is like comics now!), I wonder if that could lead to a revival in interest in products like this.
I really wouldn't count on it. The show seems to be getting more divisive as it goes on. Only time will tell though.

Go WOKE go broke lol 😆

Back