Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you know if there is any way to contact them or see their work outside of Facebook? I’ve never used Facebook and can’t see myself starting now…

Same thing with Unleashed Viper Commissions. Looks like they have a 5th Doctor outfit coming…?
As far as I know Facebook only.

There is a group on Facebook who do some custom 1/6 Doctor Who heads, they are called "Custom Doctor Who heads by NDW Design, Helleno Souza & Supporting Artists" they do a 6th Doctor.

Thanks for the heads up. I will check that out.
Are you familiar with Unleashed Viper Commissions? They do custom 1/6 outfits also.
I've not heard of Viper, but do want to see what they have. I do have a S18 Tom already with a costume made by a member here many, many years ago. I quite love it as is.

DSC_0051.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up. I will check that out.

I've not heard of Viper, but do want to see what they have. I do have a S18 Tom already with a costume made by a member here many, many years ago. I quite love it as is.

View attachment 659736
I have had dealings with both and found them very good. I found prices very fair, less than expected.

This is the 5th Doctor I have added to my collection recently. Head by NDW Design and outfit by Unleashed Viper Commissions. 6th and 7th Doctor Heads also by NDW.

Attachments

• P1280388.JPG
    P1280388.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • P1280390.JPG
    P1280390.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 0
  • P1280391.JPG
    P1280391.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
This is the 5th Doctor I have added to my collection recently. Head by NDW Design and outfit by Unleashed Viper Commissions. 6th and 7th Doctor Heads also by NDW.
Excellent! Do mind if I ask how much the heads were? Specifically, the 6th Doctor

Excellent! Do mind if I ask how much the heads were? Specifically, the 6th Doctor
From memory I think all the 1/6 heads were £30 each unpainted. That was a little while ago. There are some 1/6 companions as well. I think the current 1/6 heads available are 1st Doctor, 2nd Doctor, 3rd Doctor, 4th Doctor coming soon, 5th, 6th Season 22, 6th Season 23, 7th Doctor. There might be more than one variant of 3rd and 4th Doctor head. Also a Susan, Barbara, Vicki, Zoe, Delgado Master, Jamie and Jo. Also some Cybermen. They mainly make heads for the 5 inch figure range but have produced the above at the larger 1/6 scale.

Apparently the emails for despatch are going out today to many.
Hopefully it shouldnt be too long till it goes out.
Some have already received their tracking number.
But agree its not the best for timely despatch but thats how many online retailers seem to operate at the moment.
I just got the shipping notice from MR for my 9th and 12th figures so sounds like they're finally getting sent out.
Yes. They left a lot of folks hanging dry regarding their "HAL9000" display.

I've been fortunate in that I received an ordered "Rocinante" model ship and my QMX Kirk chair has already shipped.
Not a dicky-bird from them regarding my order:confused:. I'll give them another wk before i cancel.

Not a dicky-bird from them regarding my order:confused:. I'll give them another wk before i cancel.
Hope yours gets sent soon.
Some tracking says delivery Tomorrow.
Seems their despatch system is behind.
I can just picture one person in a room with a spreadsheet and a book of stamps.

Its so frustrating when companys solicit things and take money knowing they didnt actually hold the stock.

There is a group on Facebook who do some custom 1/6 Doctor Who heads, they are called "Custom Doctor Who heads by NDW Design, Helleno Souza & Supporting Artists" they do a 6th Doctor.
Thanks for the heads up (pun intended) on NDW Design Warthog81! I’m in the process of ordering his 1/6 Tennant head sculpt. He really did an amazing job on that and I can’t wait to build a custom 14th Doctor around it.

I also tried my hand modifying a Daemon Targaryen sculpt by FRKN into an 11th Doctor for my personal collection.
Here’s a test print of the WIP sculpt:
IMG_4098.jpeg

Here’s my attempt at painting the sculpt. I really need to improve my painting skills, but this will do for now. I’m going to work on the sculpt to have more volume on the top of his head, shrink the width of the nose a bit as well as pull in the corners of the mouth.
IMG_4121.jpeg

IMG_4108.jpeg
IMG_4109.jpeg

Last edited:
Here’s my attempt at painting the sculpt. I really need to improve my painting skills, but this will do for now. I’m going to work on the sculpt to have more volume on the top of his head, shrink the width of the nose a bit as well as pull in the corners of the mouth.
The paint work looks great to me. Lots of detail on the eyes which are very hard to paint. I am envious and impressed.

Hopefully they ship yours out soon, matrix69!
Hope yours gets sent soon.
Some tracking says delivery Tomorrow.
Seems their despatch system is behind.
I can just picture one person in a room with a spreadsheet and a book of stamps.

Its so frustrating when companys solicit things and take money knowing they didnt actually hold the stock.
Still nothing for me. Stuck in unfulfilled.
Looks like mine has shipped as a tracking number has been added to my order on the MR site☺️

Thanks milo1164 and matrix69.

On another subject, I never purchased the second 10th doctor figure release from BCS, but I did cobble some parts from it to make one. My question is, while this was being released several years ago, there were some David Tennant KO heads on eBay. I picked one up and was actually surprised at how well it was painted. It was cast from a harder material than the normal BCS heads.
I know there are still some Matt Smith KO heads available, but I haven’t seen these since that time.
I’m kicking myself now for not getting more. Did anyone else pick one up when they were around?
IMG_4062.jpeg

Back