Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When this all kicked off, I emailed Geewhiz about their 6th Doctor outfit. $1250. The craziest part is that I’m still considering it… 😵‍💫 (not that I can afford it)
I really hope another company comes through…
I always thought that the Sixth Doctor costume Big Chief had on their prototype figure could never be able to be made cost effectively on a mass scale in a factory. But Big Chief still continued to pretend it was going to be released "soon."

Many years ago I got a 1/6 Sixth costume from a customizer for less that $100 as I recall. But have no head for it.

ss.jpg

Last edited:
I always thought that the Sixth Doctor costume Big Chief had on their prototype figure could never be able to be made cost effectively on a mass scale in a factory. But Big Chief still continued to pretend it was going to be released "soon."

Many years ago I got a 1/6 Sixth costume from a customizer for less that $100 as I recall. But have no head for it.

View attachment 658437
That looks really great! The head is another hurdle, yeah… I had a few customs of other Doctors years ago and I always knew 6 was always going to be the roughest to work out. Probably why I was so excited about the Big Chief one. It would have been down hill from there…

Last edited:
They are very expensive. I emailed them recently and they sent a quote with no pressure to buy. I asked about the first season Lynda Carter Wonder Woman costume, which was recently added. And it is $645 plus $145 shipping and $50 for a body (unless you send them one). Adding a cape and skirt is another $200 0r $300 as I recall. Beautiful work, but very pricey.
When this all kicked off, I emailed Geewhiz about their 6th Doctor outfit. $1250. The craziest part is that I’m still considering it… 😵‍💫 (not that I can afford it)
I really hope another company comes through…
Christ, that's crazy pricing. But i guess like everything in life...if you want the best you have to pay for it.

The quote they gave me for the 4th Drs frock coat was $250 plus $40 shipping. Still expensive, but now that there is no Deluxe 4th, 6th Dr, Master or K9 to spend my money on, i might reconsider getting the coat as i need my DR WHO fix:giggle:

I sent an inquiry to Gee Whiz on the S18 4th Doctor costume pricing. I will post unless someone else hears first.

Christ, that's crazy pricing. But i guess like everything in life...if you want the best you have to pay for it.

The quote they gave me for the 4th Drs frock coat was $250 plus $40 shipping. Still expensive, but now that there is no Deluxe 4th, 6th Dr, Master or K9 to spend my money on, i might reconsider getting the coat as i need my DR WHO fix:giggle:

I'm the exact opposite. With none of the above known to be coming I have little desire to own anything. Yeah I probably should have sprung for a couple of them while on sale. But I don't have the liquidity nor skills to do Hot Toy level customization for everything else and I'm taking the oft used excuse and turning it back on itself. "That's a problem for future billionaire me." 😄 😨😵🤑😶😄

At least my dream TWOK is happening. I'll gladly pay for the superior quality Exo6 has shown over the so-so "will she won't she" overcharged empty promises we got from Big Thief.

Gee Whiz season 18 Tom Baker costume is $650 plus $95 shipping. You can provide the body for accurate tailoring or they will go with the Worldbox AT020 Body. There is also a A 6% Handling Fee and turnaround time is 4 to 6 Months.

you get basically what Big Chief showed for their prototype (although no mention of a scarf being included)

- Double Breasted Maroon Trench Coat.
- Maroon Corduroy Breeches

- Sublimation Printed Velvet Waistcoat (Always Open Configuration)
- Ivory color Collared Shirt with Printed Question Marks on Collar
- Burgundy Braces/Suspenders
- Sublimation printed Black and burgundy argyle socks
- Brown Leather Boots

Too rich for my blood. Do they do the multi-colored scarf? I've got one that a lot of others have, but wouldn't mind an upgrade

For those Jonesing for any Who, MR just had a "drop" today though it's mainly just remainders and reminders of old Eaglemoss. Oh and 9 finally sold out so I can take that temptation off the menu. Had it been more BCS I might even caved and bought. So yay??

I have one figure on order since Aug 10, the 9th Doctor but what bothers me is that it hasn't shipped yet. Their excuse is their warehouse is backlogged but I am getting feelings of Big Chief.

Big Chief may be the very reason. Not to spook you but they might not have shipped to them yet and MR is waiting for something that may never come. No reason to panic just yet I'm just thinking out loud but best to verify that.

I had considered that but I was "assuming" they had stock which their website listed it as in stock. I really don't have a problem with canceling the order but will give them more time. This does mean what can I trust from them on any order in the future.

Unfortunately (or fortunately in this case) that seems to be the way Master Replicas is operating right now. I ordered a Hot Toys Harley Quinn earlier in the month and it took about 2 weeks to even get a shipment notification and if it’s delivered tomorrow like the tracking says, that’s 3 weeks from when I originally ordered it.
So they seem pretty legit, just very, very slow.

Well I feel a little better now. I do wish they had classic Dr Who figures, that is my real interest. However Christopher Eccleston did a decent job as the doctor. It just seemed that there was a decision to make the companion the star of the show and now the Doctor.

Been bummed about this situation for a while and I feel terrible for those that lost money through all of this.
Like most, I supported BCS, since they were the only ones that were putting out 1/6 scale Doctor Who figures. Their quality was hit and miss and thought the “definitive” versions were not very good likenesses, I still would have purchased a couple for customizing. However, due to the extremely long lag in actual production of other previewed pieces and how quickly figures were discounted once released, I wanted to wait. I’m glad I did.

I purchased a 12th Doctor from MR on 8/9, but haven’t received any shipping confirmation so I emailed them and on 8/22 they responded with “Unfortunately we are working through a backlog at the moment as stock has been arriving a lot later than expected”. . . “We are being extra careful to make sure everyone receives the best quality stock - it shouldn’t be much longer now. Your order is still on the system, we haven’t forgotten about you!”
I’m still waiting on shipping confirmation.

I am, however, kicking myself for not purchasing another 11th Doctor from the Zavvi release, so if anyone is willing to part with one, please hit me up with a PM.

Been bummed about this situation for a while and I feel terrible for those that lost money through all of this.
Like most, I supported BCS, since they were the only ones that were putting out 1/6 scale Doctor Who figures. Their quality was hit and miss and thought the “definitive” versions were not very good likenesses, I still would have purchased a couple for customizing. However, due to the extremely long lag in actual production of other previewed pieces and how quickly figures were discounted once released, I wanted to wait. I’m glad I did.

I purchased a 12th Doctor from MR on 8/9, but haven’t received any shipping confirmation so I emailed them and on 8/22 they responded with “Unfortunately we are working through a backlog at the moment as stock has been arriving a lot later than expected”. . . “We are being extra careful to make sure everyone receives the best quality stock - it shouldn’t be much longer now. Your order is still on the system, we haven’t forgotten about you!”
I’m still waiting on shipping confirmation.

I am, however, kicking myself for not purchasing another 11th Doctor from the Zavvi release, so if anyone is willing to part with one, please hit me up with a PM.
I hate to admit it but I lost just over $1300 to Big Chief. I was looking forward to getting the entire collection of original Dr Who's, the original doctors. I have a 3rd Doctor and a 4th. Had the 6th, Master, and both Daleks on order. It just hurts that I lost so much money. I was told to contact my bank and maybe they can help with loss but I am sure I will get laughed at. From now on I only purchase from Timewalker Toys and will NOT pay off the figure before it ships. I am very new to this and I am retired now with only my Social Security checks to live on. That much money is around 6 months of "extra" money.

I hate to admit it but I lost just over $1300 to Big Chief. I was looking forward to getting the entire collection of original Dr Who's, the original doctors. I have a 3rd Doctor and a 4th. Had the 6th, Master, and both Daleks on order. It just hurts that I lost so much money. I was told to contact my bank and maybe they can help with loss but I am sure I will get laughed at. From now on I only purchase from Timewalker Toys and will NOT pay off the figure before it ships. I am very new to this and I am retired now with only my Social Security checks to live on. That much money is around 6 months of "extra" money.
These stories are very tough to read and keep me from overly complaining about my $500, at least I hope they do. I'd still try something with your bank regarding the funds, maybe not likely, but you never know.

Back