Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He is just trying to keep the discussion in one place. The mental health bit was just a joke, I'm sure.

I just got banned from the BCS Facebook group.

They deleted a post discussing the new financial statement and I argued that people should be allowed to vent and discuss the new information.

The admin said the constant negative posts were bad for his mental health :ROFLMAO:

What about the mental health of the people who lost hundreds of pounds and want to have a rant about it to get it out of their system.

It feels like that page is still defending BCS, they even changed the page name to 'Big Chief Studios Forever'! o_O
Shame on them. They can't defend the indefensible. The financial statement says it all.

It was definitely a case of "biting off more than they could chew". They should have just concentrated on the DR WHO line.
Yeah, so many missed opportunities with companions and monsters. I really liked how they offered new sculpts, outfits and accessories after the figure was released and wished they had continued that. I would have loved a Pertwee with a more neutral headsculpt.

They deleted a post discussing the new financial statement and I argued that people should be allowed to vent and discuss the new information.

The admin said the constant negative posts were bad for his mental health :ROFLMAO:

What about the mental health of the people who lost hundreds of pounds and want to have a rant about it to get it out of their system.

It feels like that page is still defending BCS, they even changed the page name to 'Big Chief Studios Forever'! o_O

Some people on that page are still drinking the Kool-Aid it seems. The admin was parroting what BC told him about everything being fine up until 2 weeks ago pretty aggressively. It's one thing to report what they were told but they went pretty hard on the defensive and now we know that Big Chief was lying the whole time (and even if they weren't nothing can justifying taking so much money from customers and not delivering the figures or refunding the payments).

I cancelled the Definitive 11th Doctor last year but I would have liked to see photos of him from other collectors, that's why I checked this thread from time to time. I only lost 50€, sorry for everyone who lost much more money. I stopped collecting quite a while ago and have sold almost everything including the Big Chief Doctor Who figures I had, only exception an 11th Doctor custom made by myself, cowboy look from A Town Called Mercy. Still glad I have that one. I'm only keeping 3-4 figures and that's one of them.

I cancelled the Definitive 11th Doctor last year but I would have liked to see photos of him from other collectors, that's why I checked this thread from time to time. I only lost 50€, sorry for everyone who lost much more money. I stopped collecting quite a while ago and have sold almost everything including the Big Chief Doctor Who figures I had, only exception an 11th Doctor custom made by myself, cowboy look from A Town Called Mercy. Still glad I have that one. I'm only keeping 3-4 figures and that's one of them.
Would love to see pics of your custom 11th

If they're £1.2m in debt, what did they actually make from figure sales? Most BCS stock that I saw being sold didn't sell. Most figures sat there for months, possibly years, after release.

Gee whiz Customs designed most if not all of Big Chief's costumes. Photos are posted on their Facebook page for Space 1999, Bond, Doctor Who, Flash Gordon, etc. However, the only one available to buy yourself from Gee Whiz is the Definitive Fourth Doctor costume. And that has been available for a year or more now. So I would assume that Big Chief never had anything beyond the one Fourth Doctor prototype and didn't even pay Gee Whiz for the patterns to use in mass production. The Fourth, Sixth, and Master were never coming.

The K-9 figure which required full payment or a payment plan never materialized. And as a small static figure that should have been very easy to complete relatively quickly in a factory.

gee.jpg

Last edited:

Tha' hell?!

I just looked and I can't even find the group.

I got burned years ago when an online retailer, Anime Island, went under. However, I give the guy from the company some credit because he seems to have made a good faith effort to refund as many people as possible. He was still refunding people years later. I only got a small portion of what I had on deposit with them but at least the dude tried.
Anime Island, now there's a name I've not heard for a long time. I dodged a bullet with them on the Medicom Rah Evangelion Unit Zero figure. I got mine but so many didn't.

I heard back from my bank regarding my charge disputes: denied.

Whelp, there I go.
Man, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm expecting to hear the same from my bank, but the finality of it hasn't hit me yet. Getting that news will do the trick.

Back