Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking Master Replicas have transitioned to a wholesaler third party selling other companies overstock. Which, if they're needing liquidity to continue their own lines in the future, isn't such a horrible strategy to stay afloat in the meantime. Though I'm still not clear on whether it's general overstock or returns or bent&dent stuff.
It's all bankrupt and overstock. All new.

Gutted to hear that this has happened and my heart goes out to those who are out of pocket.

I hope you can get your money back, keep hammering your credit card companies and inform the police. It sounds daft but it did help me recover some of my money when Mothers Basement went under.

So, I read this as big thief studios, after all is said and done, are >$1.2 million in the hole?!
1692376554545.png

Attachments

• 1692376474004.png
    1692376474004.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 1
So, I read this as big thief studios, after all is said and done, are >$1.2 million in the hole?!
View attachment 657011
I just got one of those emails as well.

Christ they owed money to everyone and anyone! BBC, ITV, EON productions, FedEX, PayPal, USP, CUSTOMERS:mad:

Total and utter lies. This person is lying to the community and making up their own nonsense to stir up trouble. None of this is true.

It is no secret that we have been plagued with delays from the outset, with one delay creating further knock on delays to other products. We have only just taken delivery of our Peaky Blinders figures that were originally scheduled to be completed last July!

Need we remind you that China were still suffering intermittent lockdowns and restrictions to their daily lives pretty much up until Q4 of last year. The knock on effect of this has resulted in our long overdue products being put into a production queue, with factories prioritising higher volume orders over our more niche lines.

We understand that people waiting on products are frustrated, as are we as we want them shipped as soon as possible.

We have not offered any new BCS 1:6 scale figures for well over a year now, as we do not think it fair to expect customers to pay more out in advance whilst they are waiting on products. We have even stopped taking payment plans for new pre-order third party products from Hot Toys etc as these are now seeing release dates of up to two years, sometimes more.

We are very aware that customers want updates, but when factories are reluctant to give dates, all we can say is a vague "summer" or "autumn". Working with China is becoming increasingly more difficult - our problem, not yours, we know,

We are still very much operational and working to deliver your figures. This is NOT a LIE.
BCS post from last March still makes my blood boil. Especially that last line...

Not surprised the bulk of the debt is to the Bond license. I knew that would be expensive and those figures going in discount wasn't a good sign.

Big Chief knew they were in trouble a long time ago and I bet they never intended on releasing the Definitive Doctors. They just wanted the pre-order lonely to help get them out of debt, or more likely make some extra cash before the company folds.

Every new bit of information that comes out about them is worse and worse. What a terrible company and they had the gall to come here and accuse us of being negative. Dickheads.

Good question. I think they just took on too many niche lines that didn't sell big numbers, the figures took too long to come out, the quality was inconsistent and figures were being discounted later so pre-orders dropped. They probably went in debt to get Bond thinking that would save them bit the demands from Eon limited what they could do and the actual figures didn't justify the price tag over customs.

Basically they took on too much and didn't deliver.

Surely there is a point where this tipped over into fraud? Still accepting pre-orders when you have already spent £800k+ of deposits/prepayments means they knowingly took money for products they knew they would never deliver.

I can’t really fathom how they ended up so deep in the hole.
What fraud though. They will just continue to defend themselves by blaming the pandemic and it's knock on effects for the financial mess they got themselves into.

I'd say they knew how deep in the mire they were for past few years, if not longer.
I agree, that kind of thing just doesn't happen overnight.
Big Chief knew they were in trouble a long time ago and I bet they never intended on releasing the Definitive Doctors. They just wanted the pre-order lonely to help get them out of debt, or more likely make some extra cash before the company folds.

Every new bit of information that comes out about them is worse and worse. What a terrible company and they had the gall to come here and accuse us of being negative. Dickheads.
Agree 100% with this, with every new bit of information that comes out it just gets worse. So annoyed! Looking at it now, the Definitive Doctors in all likelihood were never ever going to be made, those pre-orders were just a means to a end to bail them out short term. To think a lot of people stuck up for them and this is how they repay that trust and don't get me started on that post about "working to deliver the figures" and their attitude to anyone who called them out on delays etc- BS in it's purest form. :mad: To say they were a very poorly run company is being generous.

Good question. I think they just took on too many niche lines that didn't sell big numbers, the figures took too long to come out, the quality was inconsistent and figures were being discounted later so pre-orders dropped. They probably went in debt to get Bond thinking that would save them bit the demands from Eon limited what they could do and the actual figures didn't justify the price tag over customs.

Basically they took on too much and didn't deliver.
It was definitely a case of "biting off more than they could chew". They should have just concentrated on the DR WHO line.

I just got banned from the BCS Facebook group.

They deleted a post discussing the new financial statement and I argued that people should be allowed to vent and discuss the new information.

The admin said the constant negative posts were bad for his mental health :ROFLMAO:

What about the mental health of the people who lost hundreds of pounds and want to have a rant about it to get it out of their system.

It feels like that page is still defending BCS, they even changed the page name to 'Big Chief Studios Forever'! o_O

Back