Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thrown out?

Liar Lie GIF by Fluffy Friends

It's tought to say. The post says (for those who can't read it) that a retailer bought the stock and threw away the prototypes since they're worthless from a consumer pii t of view. Of course that's dependant on whether or not the people at BC included that stuff with the liquidation stock, I'm guessing they probably didn't and those figures are sitting in the BC owners Detolf, but we'll probably never the truth.

A possible update about this. The group is private but basically everything has been sold off and they think the prototypes were thrown out. They've also had over 5000 claims form people who didn't get their order.

Take with a grain of salt of course.

I can't believe those protos were just dumped out, as BCS knew they were going under months ago.

More likely that Andrews and co have them posed up on their shelf at home, waiting for when the time is right to sell them off for thousands. The greedy sods.

I made that post so i'll re-post the info here:

For the past few weeks, i've been trying to negotiate the sale of all the product prototypes and product samples from BCS through Begbies Traynor.

I found out today that anything salvageable had already in fact been sold in bulk along with existing stock via contract- as such I have no idea where it ended up due to confidentiality.

I also have no idea what items were actually left behind; although the case manager did say that everything should have been there from prototype figures to head sculpts as they formed part of the company assets as they were manufactured on company dime.

He heavily implied that there was a bulk deal negotiated for ALL stock, as that is the most efficient way for them to claw back money (so think along the lines of TK.Maxx buying overstock [Although obviously not them as it's too niche]) and as such he was sorry to say that it may have just been dumped as a retailer wouldn't see the value in those items in the purchase.

So that's it really, unless someone found the stuff in a skip or it got rescued by a sympathetic individual- it's unlikely we'll get a chance to buy (at a ridiculously overpriced amount) any of the remaining bits & bobs.

On a side note, he told me that they had had OVER 5000 creditor claim forms sent to them! Such a huge volume that they've had to outsource the work to a company in Africa!
So don't get your hopes up for any money back- it will be a pittance if there's anything at all.

_________________________________________________________________________________

No grain of salt needed, I spoke with Rob Mitchell (Begbies Traynor) on the phone today about it. He's the case administrator for the BCS Liquidation.

Somebody on Facebook made the point that if they've had over 5000 forms completed - you're easily looking at a couple of million right there.

More likely that Andrews and co have them posed up on their shelf at home, waiting for when the time is right to sell them off for thousands. The greedy sods.

I tend to lean towards this, but like I was told; they can't sell them, or it would be fraud for withholding company purchased assets.

However, more likely is that they knew the insolvency was coming and took it all away before the liquidators could take inventory of the assets.

I can't believe those protos were just dumped out, as BCS knew they were going under months ago.

I can't believe that either. I think you are probably spot on here.

For the past few weeks, i've been trying to negotiate the sale of all the product prototypes and product samples from BCS through Begbies Traynor.

I found out today that anything salvageable had already in fact been sold in bulk along with existing stock via contract- as such I have no idea where it ended up due to confidentiality.

I also have no idea what items were actually left behind; although the case manager did say that everything should have been there from prototype figures to head sculpts as they formed part of the company assets as they were manufactured on company dime.

He heavily implied that there was a bulk deal negotiated for ALL stock, as that is the most efficient way for them to claw back money (so think along the lines of TK.Maxx buying overstock [Although obviously not them as it's too niche]) and as such he was sorry to say that it may have just been dumped as a retailer wouldn't see the value in those items in the purchase.

So that's it really, unless someone found the stuff in a skip or it got rescued by a sympathetic individual- it's unlikely we'll get a chance to buy (at a ridiculously overpriced amount) any of the remaining bits & bobs.

On a side note, he told me that they had had OVER 5000 creditor claim forms sent to them! Such a huge volume that they've had to outsource the work to a company in Africa!
So don't get your hopes up for any money back- it will be a pittance if there's anything at all.

_________________________________________________________________________________

No grain of salt needed, I spoke with Rob Mitchell (Begbies Traynor) on the phone today about it. He's the case administrator for the BCS Liquidation.

Somebody on Facebook made the point that if they've had over 5000 forms completed - you're easily looking at a couple of million right there.
I’ve already posted this in here, but Master Replicas bought stock. They’ve already sold some items. I know, I bought a few. No way MR would throw away anything. If it was included in the sale, they’ll know what it is and the value attached. I also believe they sold it way before declaring liquidation. I said last week that I think they sold their main stock weeks ago. Bet they kept all the prototypes for themselves.

Last edited:
I tend to lean towards this, but like I was told; they can't sell them, or it would be fraud for withholding company purchased assets.

However, more likely is that they knew the insolvency was coming and took it all away before the liquidators could take inventory of the assets.
They could sit on them and wait a few years, and then sell them on along with the molds etc.

What about the factories in China? Would they not have left over parts hidden away in a box?

Personally i wouldn't be surprised what Andrews and co. are capable of!

I’ve already posted this in here, but Master Replicas bought stock. They’ve already sold some items. I know, I bought a few. No way MR would throw away anything. If it was included in the sale, they’ll know what it is and the value attached. I also believe they sold it way before declaring liquidation. I said last week that I think they sold their main stock weeks ago. Bet they kept all the prototypes for themselves.
Were they not just the ZAVVI exclusives?

They could sit on them and wait a few years, and then sell them on along with the molds etc.

What about the factories in China? Would they not have left over parts hidden away in a box?

Personally i wouldn't be surprised what Andrews and co. are capable of!

Well, if they took them away before they called in the Administrators it's (un)fair game, unfortunately.

China is fast to recycle old molds as they're big and need to be stored.
Maybe a few heads and stuff might make it over, but if the figure wasn't actually in production and they were just getting samples from China, then I doubt it.

Even if I had the cash to get my hands on them, I couldn't with any good conscience sit with those prototypes on my shelves. Knowing that people are out of pocket by MILLIONS. The thought really disgusts me. In truth at this point, I hope someone burned them.

Thank you for posting that here (it didn't feel right to copy paste something from a private group here) I didn't meant to imply you weren't trustworthy, it's just that there's been so.e questionable things posted to that group, like the owner saying BC was good to go o n orders up to 3 weeks ago when something that was out of their hands came up and sank the company. I don't doubt that BC might have told the group owner that but but at this point I wouldn't believe a word out of BCs mouth so I'm erring on the side of caution with all news about them. Sadly, everything new we hear is worse and worse. They really seem like they were terribly mismanaged.

I noted that TK Maxx were mentioned. I would actually expect to find them there as that was where Product Enterprise ended up. I'll have to look in there now. A retailer local to me has 9 and 10 in stock and they would be spitting chips if TK were to offer them for £20 when they have them for £220.

Nope. Although, I’ll double check when I get them.

Did BCS ever sell Mego?
I don't think its Master Replica's selling off BCS stock (if that's what you are thinking) or at least not directly - I picked up the Spider-Verse Miles Morales from them a couple of weeks ago and BCS supposedly sold out of him earlier this year.

I doubt BCS were sitting on a couple of pallets of the QMx TOS Captain's Chair either.

I wonder if these are damaged product they're selling or just closeouts bought for pennys on the $ or in this case pound. Have to admit I was sorely tempted on a few items but especially on the doctors the wound was too fresh on money lost.

I don't think its Master Replica's selling off BCS stock (if that's what you are thinking) or at least not directly - I picked up the Spider-Verse Miles Morales from them a couple of weeks ago and BCS supposedly sold out of him earlier this year.

I doubt BCS were sitting on a couple of pallets of the QMx TOS Captain's Chair either.
The chair has nothing to do with BCS because MR already said the it came from the US. Likely QMx direct. That’s also why I asked if BCS ever sold MEGO.

I'm thinking Master Replicas have transitioned to a wholesaler third party selling other companies overstock. Which, if they're needing liquidity to continue their own lines in the future, isn't such a horrible strategy to stay afloat in the meantime. Though I'm still not clear on whether it's general overstock or returns or bent&dent stuff.

Back