Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Likely all of those funds will go to secured creditors and there won't be a dime left for any of us.
Yep, that's what I meant. Unfortunately. Really depends what assets they have left unsold. The mere fact they saw it coming and sold stock to likely pay bills/wages and not settle with collectors is disgusting. If that's what they've done. Fingers crossed they haven't, and will settle.

I found my order confirmation for Definitive 4th Doctor: Jan 18, 2020. I'm only out the deposit of 40 GBP. So glad I resisted anymore pre orders but sad I won't be getting more DW figures

Up for debate, but I would imagine the Dr. Who 1/6 scale license would be considered persona non grata in a manner of speaking. I can't think of any company suited or likely to give it a go. Star Trek benefited by having a former QMx employee jump ship and take Trek with him to his own company, who has done well with the license by seemingly knowing its limitations/audience appeal. Unless there is some other UK-centric company I'm not aware of.

Just got an email. Big Chief is done. They're insolvent and going into liquidation cannot offer refunds. The email just came through so I need more time to read it but I said they were clearly having money issues and their whole situation seemed fishy. While I'm mostly happy with their figures they were terribly run. I hope I can get my money for the 6th Doctor back and that the rest of you can get a refund too.

Just call me physic.

Yup, I got my Definitive 4th Doctor cancellation from Sideshow today. Deposit and points will be refunded, but it still felt oddly sad. Not simply because I'll never have that figure, but because there's a feeling that a certain "story" has ended. A chapter is closed and a particular maker, supplier and licensee in the industry has been removed from the game and from our collecting options... and enjoyment.

There is a sense of loss. Big Chief did pursue some great licenses and was actually a pretty good shop to buy from. Just as good as Sideshow and sometimes better, and probably a greater convenience for buyers outside of North America.

I suppose Doctor Who will find a new maker in time, assuming anyone wants to take it on, but it may be several years before that gets sorted out. Well, not that Big Chief was good with schedules so maybe we're used to waiting several years on Doctor Who anyway. I mean years for the license to get sorted out and more years for the products to be developed. Other licenses like Gerry Anderson and Space: 1999 are likely dead. Bond may have some chance, but no one other than DID has been hovering around that possibility lately.

I feel like starting a Thread on here so we can all post how much Money we have each lost to Big Chief. Just so we have a rough idea of how much we've been taken for. How much Money went down the Swanny. I'm happy to share, it might be cathartic. Anyone including the Mods think that might be a good idea?

Glad to see some of you are managing to get your deposits back :) I am currently doing (the probably fruitless) task of gathering the info to send to them with the form - nothing will come of it I'm sure but gotta try I suppose!!

It's a real shame we will never have the full set of classic doctors in 1/6 scale (I'd always hoped for a Troughton).

Did the Definitive 11th Doctor ever make a release? I wouldn't mind tracking down a headsculpt to replace my old 11th.
Do you remember the days when they used to come on here and stir a lot of muck? Attacked a few of us for opinions about quality? They hated you especially. I never liked their attitude toward collectors. As far as I remember, the criticism was never personal, but they made it so. I hope collectors who dealt with them directly get their money back. Sad that it’s come to this. They had some fantastic licenses.

I feel like starting a Thread on here so we can all post how much Money we have each lost to Big Chief. Just so we have a rough idea of how much we've been taken for. How much Money went down the Swanny. I'm happy to share, it might be cathartic. Anyone including the Mods think that might be a good idea?
Would be interesting and depressing in equal measures to see this!
Do you remember the days when they used to come on here and stir a lot of muck? Attacked a few of us for opinions about quality? They hated you especially. I never liked their attitude toward collectors. As far as I remember, the criticism was never personal, but they made it so. I hope collectors who dealt with them directly get their money back. Sad that it’s come to this. They had some fantastic licenses.
I do, I think they once called someone a 'horrible person' or something to that effect after they voiced an opinion on a head sculpt (which didn't sit right with me, you shouldn't be attacking your target audience) - they didn't like product criticism in any form even if it was warranted. On the flip side they always seemed OK when I messaged them about things...not that that matters now, I am still livid with them over the way this has played out! :mad:

I think all I ever complained about were the sculps looking outdated. I was a huge Doctor Who fan back. I think the guy who really didn't like me was Greggo, I complained about the paintwork on the production run figures, not his paintwork. Not sure why he had an issue with that.

I think all I ever complained about were the sculps looking outdated. I was a huge Doctor Who fan back. I think the guy who really didn't like me was Greggo, I complained about the paintwork on the production run figures, not his paintwork. Not sure why he had an issue with that.
Yep. He attacked a lot.

Bummed this line is officially dead. Just thankful I'm only out 40 pounds.

Thanks to whoever mentioned master replicas though. Picked me up an extra 12th so I can have him displayed in his Hoodie and coat

What was different between the 11th Doctor figure I bought way back when and the one Master Replicas was clearancing out?

I should go back in the thread but I remember we couldn't believe our eyes when they tried passing this monstrosity off as Amy.
review_amypondgst_1.jpg

Back