Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #04 Tom Baker

Not a Tom Baker question, but I'm not sure where to put this. I'm not good at navigating my way around this forum.

I'm putting together a Matt Smith kitbash figure for myself, and I can't find pants that would work anywhere. Does anybody know a good place? Toy Anexiety doesn't have anything right now.

Not a Tom Baker question, but I'm not sure where to put this. I'm not good at navigating my way around this forum.

I'm putting together a Matt Smith kitbash figure for myself, and I can't find pants that would work anywhere. Does anybody know a good place? Toy Anexiety doesn't have anything right now.

If you?re on Facebook, the BIG Chief Studios fans page is a good place to ask.

Yeah, other than trawling through endless pages on ebay (which is something I'm often reduced to doing when kitbashing to find just the right part) that's probably your best bet at this point, particularly in this case.

Although I will say just in general, if you ever find a parted out item on ebay that's a bit expensive, it is always worth going to Toy Anxiety, Monkey Depot, Black Op Toys and so on to look for that exact item, before laying down the cash on the bay. If you know exactly what you are looking for you can often find it at one of the various parts stores out there a bit cheaper, sometimes significantly so. Not always of course, but it's a good rule of thumb.

Yeah, other than trawling through endless pages on ebay (which is something I'm often reduced to doing when kitbashing to find just the right part) that's probably your best bet at this point, particularly in this case.

Although I will say just in general, if you ever find a parted out item on ebay that's a bit expensive, it is always worth going to Toy Anxiety, Monkey Depot, Black Op Toys and so on to look for that exact item, before laying down the cash on the bay. If you know exactly what you are looking for you can often find it at one of the various parts stores out there a bit cheaper, sometimes significantly so. Not always of course, but it's a good rule of thumb.

No luck anywhere yet.

Are they different to the black pants on the standard release?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, they are the same. But I haven't found anything even close yet. I only have the head from Big Chief, I'm using a ZYToys body, and other clothes.

I have the black pants from the Peter Capaldi figure, you?re welcome to, if you want.

Looks like K-9 is finally on the way from Big Chief. They shared this on facebook...

109936443_10159153854976002_2838589438123805118_o.jpg

Is it wrong that I am more excited about K-9 than I am about the Delgado Master?

Not wrong at all .... K9 will an awesome piece.
Interested to see which price point they go for.

Word is he will have all the "bells and whistles". So lights and sound?

If they're smart they'll release two paint decos, classic and modern series, to appeal to both groups of fans, as well as potentially selling both versions to those who love both eras and completists.

I'd probably only grab a classic era version, given the choice, as personally I've had a new series custom k-9 that I have been happy with for years.

Hmmm, wonder if they'll do a John Leeson signature version?

It's going to be absurd when people have like 10 preorders for things and nothing to show for it lol

Back