Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #12 Peter Capaldi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am assuming the miniture TARDIS will not be included. If it is, what a nice surprise. But I doubt it.

Don't speak too soon, pixel. You'll have a surprise with your figure when you get home today! The mini TARDIS is the best bonus accessory next to Handles.

Current set up.

3cce4e2163b656f6daa9c993a1eed5d8.jpg

I did something that I felt was really necessary; I took some cotton face pads and made a shoulder wrap for him, a sort of half circle with a cut out for the neck which puffed his traps, raising his button up to a reasonable height. This removes the giraffe neck he has. It's interesting, this figure has a much taller neck than the regeneration version.

I also opted to go sans cardigan. As much as I love it (notably because I own and wear a nearly identical one), it makes the blue coat too full, and makes 12 a bit big looking.

Overall, I like him. I still think 7b 11 reigns supreme as far as recent BCS products, but this one is up there for sure, especially with the discount. I might be singing a slightly different tune at full price.

Also, fun observation. My 12 is #514 and my 10 is #518. That's pretty dang close.

"That is the role you seem determined to play so it seems that I must play mine: the man that stops the monsters." (excuse the hobby shop clutter)

af0af05e336bc908a0c4e160d2c57c69.jpg

Well my 12 is #515, so I guess yours and mine are almost like brothers. Haha

The good. He came with the mini-TARDIS. You're right. It's great! The regen head was easy to swap, as were the hands. The costume looks great and feels like quality material. I also love the siege TARDIS. The legs are tight.

The bad. My stand doesn't fasten to the base at all. Completely useless. The shoulders are floppy and will not hold a pose. I'm going to have to get one of those knock off HT bodies to replace it. The s.8 head which came with it had that same dirty wash which the original 11 release had.

All in all, I would score him a 7/10. Not bad for $150. But not great either. I think I'll follow your lead and ditch the cardigan.
5ee1c687bb0d742ae5f9dfe1bcbd35da.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Go figure! I guess we're the only ones who bit on the sale in that window of time. Also makes me wonder how poorly this guy sold for BCS.

I didn't even pull the stand out, so I can't comment on that. I've already got the box stored away in the closet. Siege TARDIS is super detailed, but the winner for me is the spoon. Grab yourself a magnifying glass and look at the indicate inlay work on it.

I can confirm the shoulders are loose on mine too, especially his right. Left is acceptable. When you replace the body, make sure not to go with the KO TT that's "narrow shoulder". It's anything but that quite frankly. These clothes won't fit on it. If you're feeling cocky, you could pop the screw covers in the shoulder joints and tighten them. I considered it but I don't need Spider-Man poses on these. I'm pretty happy with what I have set up, for now.

I'm not sure of the dirty wash you're talking about? My head is pretty crisp all around and I think the paint is actually better than the regeneration head, which seems a bit flat when put side by side with this one. Regen also has a narrower neck in comparison. Once you have him set up you won't miss the cardigan. If you go for a closed jacket look it's really unnoticeable. It helps you get a sharper edge on the shoulders of the jacket too, which looks good.

I'm pleased in the end. Had you or I plunked down full price I think we might be a bit more critical. This likely is, in the end, the last BCS figure for me I think. I have 10 through 12 and that's what I was aiming for.

Side note: how is 12's sonic? I haven't picked up that new one yet but have been meaning to.

12's sonic is cool. Sort of a hybrid between the 9/10 screwdriver and the 11. It has two settings, green and blue, with two different sounds. In hand, it feels more like a tool than a magic wand. I like that.

Don't speak too soon, pixel. You'll have a surprise with your figure when you get home today! The mini TARDIS is the best bonus accessory next to Handles.

Current set up.

3cce4e2163b656f6daa9c993a1eed5d8.jpg

I did something that I felt was really necessary; I took some cotton face pads and made a shoulder wrap for him, a sort of half circle with a cut out for the neck which puffed his traps, raising his button up to a reasonable height. This removes the giraffe neck he has. It's interesting, this figure has a much taller neck than the regeneration version.

I also opted to go sans cardigan. As much as I love it (notably because I own and wear a nearly identical one), it makes the blue coat too full, and makes 12 a bit big looking.

Overall, I like him. I still think 7b 11 reigns supreme as far as recent BCS products, but this one is up there for sure, especially with the discount. I might be singing a slightly different tune at full price.

Also, fun observation. My 12 is #514 and my 10 is #518. That's pretty dang close.

"That is the role you seem determined to play so it seems that I must play mine: the man that stops the monsters." (excuse the hobby shop clutter)

af0af05e336bc908a0c4e160d2c57c69.jpg

Well my 12 is #515, so I guess yours and mine are almost like brothers. Haha

The good. He came with the mini-TARDIS. You're right. It's great! The regen head was easy to swap, as were the hands. The costume looks great and feels like quality material. I also love the siege TARDIS. The legs are tight.

The bad. My stand doesn't fasten to the base at all. Completely useless. The shoulders are floppy and will not hold a pose. I'm going to have to get one of those knock off HT bodies to replace it. The s.8 head which came with it had that same dirty wash which the original 11 release had.

All in all, I would score him a 7/10. Not bad for $150. But not great either. I think I'll follow your lead and ditch the cardigan.
5ee1c687bb0d742ae5f9dfe1bcbd35da.jpg

Nice displays..:clap

Mine arrived in Ca yesterday. Just need to wait for it to be shipped by my cousin to me later this year. Thanks for the heads up pix. I have given up getting this guy because I really don't want to buy it at srp.

Quick question for those of you who customized your 12 into the rock and roll Doctor -- what hoodies are you using?

Back