Big Chief Studios 1/6 Amy Pond

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'll be interesting to see if any of that schedule is kept to though.

Excited for the Hartnell figure. Makes sense with the 'making of' drama coming out.

let's be honest - i'd love to have faith in everything anyone has ever said but that's not the case.. especially when it comes to collectables..

Amy is coming soon, that much is confirmed but as for seeing the 10th in August i very much doubt it, i'd put 10th down for at least September/October, and i'd be very surprised if Sherlock was out before 2014..

I have massive admiration for Big Chief and love what they are doing but they have only done one figure so far.. is it wise to plan 6 new figures (new 11th, 10th, 4th, 1st, Sherlock and Watson) all for release this year? come on even Hot Toys have trouble doing that and they are in the kingdom of cheap expendable labour..

How about improving quality, releasing the clothing packs that were mentioned, nay promised if i'm not mistaken, taking some time to reply to queries on FB etc, surely they could hire someone to take care of all the social elements, maybe on a part time basis - wouldn't even need to be locating in the same place in this day and age..

Just seems like they are missing the simple things at the expense of exciting us over products that we know aren't going to see the light of day for a long time.

let's be honest - i'd love to have faith in everything anyone has ever said but that's not the case.. especially when it comes to collectables..

Amy is coming soon, that much is confirmed but as for seeing the 10th in August i very much doubt it, i'd put 10th down for at least September/October, and i'd be very surprised if Sherlock was out before 2014..

I have massive admiration for Big Chief and love what they are doing but they have only done one figure so far.. is it wise to plan 6 new figures (new 11th, 10th, 4th, 1st, Sherlock and Watson) all for release this year? come on even Hot Toys have trouble doing that and they are in the kingdom of cheap expendable labour..

How about improving quality, releasing the clothing packs that were mentioned, nay promised if i'm not mistaken, taking some time to reply to queries on FB etc, surely they could hire someone to take care of all the social elements, maybe on a part time basis - wouldn't even need to be locating in the same place in this day and age..

Just seems like they are missing the simple things at the expense of exciting us over products that we know aren't going to see the light of day for a long time.

Maybe part of the reason they are trying to get a lot of product out is to generate a lot of revenue so that they can hire more people. If you have no income how in the world can you hire someone? I'm ecstatic as anyone that we are getting Amy as she is my most wanted figure in a long time, but they did take a bath on her. Kudos to them for going through with her when they could have cut their losses early on. As far as quality goes, I'm very confident that quality won't take a step backwards. These guys know what people expect and won't waver on that.

This is all true. They're not going to make those target dates. The best I could imagine them doing is getting Tennant out before the end of the year. They'll be doing very well to get #4 out before Christmas. I think being more realistic about the dates would be good for them at this point.

i hope no one thinks i'm bashing on them as i wasn't at all - as i said i admire them massively and love what they are doing but as Niceman said i can't see them getting anything else out this year apart from the 10th, maybe the new 11th as it's surely going to be made from a similar base or along the lines if you get me - if they've made the 11th before another isn't going to be massive R&D...

i hope no one thinks i'm bashing on them as i wasn't at all - as i said i admire them massively and love what they are doing but as Niceman said i can't see them getting anything else out this year apart from the 10th, maybe the new 11th as it's surely going to be made from a similar base or along the lines if you get me - if they've made the 11th before another isn't going to be massive R&D...

I did not take it as a 'bashing' rather as honest/constructive

The comments are a fair evaluation of the situation.
So far, we have had only the one figure, and the second is ( like the proverbial cheque) in the post. Thing is, sometimes that cheque arrives.
I would expect my dad to get the Amy figure in hand next week, then shipped out to me by return of post. I am quite excited about getting this, and although I have not seen it, I have faith in the new sculpted hair version of the head being very good.
There have been a lot if figures promised or this year, and 5 have not even had POs.
I would personally have gone for an August 10th, PO for 4th before now, with a December release, and a PO for the 1st to coincide with the 50th anniversary and a release date early 2014.

it perhaps was not the best idea to release a female character so early on in the range.

Love the honesty here and they deserve kudos for being self-critical in this way.

As for the rest of it, that sounds like a VERY ambitious schedule. Ten by the end of the year and everything else up for preorder sounds more realistic.

I'm also wondering if they're about to make another Amy Pond style mistake by putting stuff up that people will pass on given the crowded release schedule - I'm thinking of the new 11 and Watson here. If people have to prioritise for financial reasons (which the press release conceded is an issue for many collectors) then I'll bet those are the ones that will go as many people already have 11 and may hesitate at pulling the trigger on Watson.

As for the possibility of Hot Toys doing a Karen Gillan figure... it most probably will have a HS that looks nothing like Amy Pond. She's playing a female villain, the hair, make up and expression may be completely unsuitable for an Amy Pond figure.

And the actual Smith thread is still locked so...

BCS really needs to get out their last Smith quickly now, before all attention is focused on a new Doctor. Between now and Christmas is the window. Even if it is just the accessory packs, just to get it out of the road while his popularity would be at a max.

I really like Smith's Doctor. I just think he was let down by poor writing.

But earlier they confirmed he was locked in for S8. It sure sounded like he'd be the doctor for another full season. What the heck?!

So darn bummed right now.

Is Moffat leaving too? Fingers crossed on that one!

The last episode did introduce John Hurt as The Doctor.
Maybe he has a contract for S8.

But earlier they confirmed he was locked in for S8. It sure sounded like he'd be the doctor for another full season. What the heck?!

So darn bummed right now.

Is Moffat leaving too? Fingers crossed on that one!

I do believe The Sun ran a story about him returning for Series 8. Not known as a credible source.

Moffat is staying on as showrunner.

I do believe The Sun ran a story about him returning for Series 8. Not known as a credible source.

Moffat is staying on as showrunner.

So he's going to run the 12th Doctor too?

Oh, fabulous. More sexist jokes and female characters whose entire purpose in the universe revolves around the Doctor.

Well, there's my excuse for getting a second Eleventh Doctor later in the year.

What will the situation be with the fez? Having a Series 7 Part 2 Doctor with a stern expression wearing a fez would be quite silly.

Back