Big Chief Studios 1/6 Amy Pond

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And, bought and paid for!
Amy is now on the way.

My 11th Doctor is a happy lil dude.

How long ago was it that we first saw the pic of Matt and Karen with their figures?

And, bought and paid for!
Amy is now on the way.

My 11th Doctor is a happy lil dude.

How long ago was it that we first saw the pic of Matt and Karen with their figures?

The pic of Matt and Karen with their figures appeared around May 10th of last year. It really feels like forever man. Can't wait to see your pics of her.

Last edited:
Only a year then... Not so bad really.

Yes. More than happy to post pics. There was though, no mention of the extra head. I'm hoping that that offer is still to come, once the head has been manufactured.

Tons of people on Facebook are saying they won't pay until they see updated pics of Amy. It's safe to say that updated pics are imminent.

I'm one of them - i don't feel comfy paying £150-ish without even seeing it having undergone final changes..

Same here, just on principle, I really don't think it's fair of them to be sending out the bills when they have one in stock to take new pics. Considering the debacle with the last ones, I will happily pay them once I see what I'm paying for.

Big Chief posted on Facebook that pictures are coming very soon.
Images will be coming we promise you. We are flat out at the moment with processing orders, product development and the new website. Photos will follow very soon!

The bit about the web site is good news . About time they got one up n running that was keeping us up to date .

I got this.

Order #: 2224

Product Quantity Price
Subtotal: £141.66 (ex. VAT)
Shipping: £12.50 via
Discount: £25
Tax: £28.33i
Total: £157.49 - via Paypal_pro
Amy Pond Signature Edition
1 £141.66 (ex. VAT)

But, I get this

Checkout → Pay
Your order has already been paid for. Please contact us if you need assistance.

I have only paid the deposit!

Anyone else get anything?

That happened to me last time and I had to email them to get it straightened out.

But today the invoice came and I paid it no problem. And congrats to the Brits - the pound is kicking the dollar's ***!:monkey4

Huge update from BCS about everything that is going on now and the rest of the year. It's a great read and very informative.

CUSTOMER UPDATE

Hi to you all,

We are acutely aware that there has been a lengthy "radio silence" from us, and thought that it was about time that we gave you all an update as to where we are.

Firstly the conspiracy and rumours surrounding our demise are greatly exaggerated. BIG Chief is still very much alive and well. We are just so very, very busy.

Those of you who know us will testify that we are a small fledgling company with an equally small staff of people. The workload has simply been so great that we have not had the time to answer customer support emails in a timely manner, or update the website and Facebook page.

We do appreciate that it is frustrating for many of you, having placed your trust and perhaps more importantly spent your hard earned money on deposit payments for products for which you have not received regular updates. Please believe us when we say that we do understand and can appreciate your nervousness.

It has not been an easy start for BIG Chief, with an unhelpful bank and vendor problems. These issues have compounded to result in serious delays to our product rollout. We have said it before and sincerely mean it, no one wants to get these products out more than us, after all this is our livelihood.

Given the problems we have had with our second figure, Amy Pond, it perhaps was not the best idea to release a female character so early on in the range. That said we have remained committed and intend to see this one through.

We are happy with the final product and we genuinely believe that you will be happy once you receive your figures. However, we do appreciate that a number of customers are not pleased with the rooted hair styling. As such we made the decision to manufacture an alternate head for the figure with sculpted hair. This is exactly the same master portrait that was approved by Karen Gillan, with the addition of sculpted hair. The alternate head is currently in manufacture and will be available around August time. The head will be made available to all of those customers who have purchased an Amy Pond figure, free of charge for the cost of shipping only (proof of purchase required). We will be posting some images of both the final product and the alternate head in the next few days, so please keep checking the Facebook page.

We are happy to report that we have begun processing payment invoices for the Amy Pond figure and we will begin shipping early next week.

So where are we with our next products in the range we hear you ask? We know that a number of people who had placed orders for the 10th Doctor Dynamix figurine had been informed that this product had been cancelled. Not true. In fact we are scheduled to begin tooling early June and expect the product to come into stock around the end of Q3.

The 10th Doctor 1:6 scale figure has been an incredible seller for us, with less than 5 pieces of the Limited Edition figure remaining in stock. We are currently at the tool stage for this figure, together with the 4th Doctor. The 4th Doctor will be made available for pre-order in June and looks amazing. The 10th Doctor 1:6 scale figure has been pushed back for delivery to the end of Q3, to ship at the same time as the 4th Doctor.

We are also well into development for both Sherlock and Watson 1:6 scale figures, working on costume tailoring and pack design right now. We plan to have these figures made available for pre-order in July. Both figures are scheduled for delivery in Q4 in time for the holidays.

Finally to round out the year in time for the 50th Anniversary of everyone’s favourite Time Lord, we will have an all-new version of the 11th Doctor and the 1st Doctor. At this stage we cannot confirm exactly when these figures will be made available for pre-order, but we are aiming for around August. Ideally we would like thee figures to ship in time for the holidays, but we cannot confirm this just yet.

We really are working hard to improve both our products and service. We are currently working on a new website that will offer greater functionality, together with more behind-the-scenes and development sneak peeks. We are also working to implement a layaway payment scheme that will allow customers to split payments for their figures into installments. We have received a great deal of interest in offering such a service and we hope that it will help you guys to budget more effectively for your collectables.

That’s it for now guys, back to the grindstone for us!

Thanks as always for your continued support
The BIG Chief Team

I don't need another version of the 11th Doctor personally, though if it helps pads their coffers and is a worthy variant, best of luck to them. But that First Doctor is so mine. Glad to see that they saw the wisdom in launching a Hartnell piece before the end of the anniversary year.

That'll be four down, seven (???) more to go...

Oh, and thanks for posting across the update, Niceman.

I don't need another version of the 11th Doctor personally, though if it helps pads their coffers and is a worthy variant, best of luck to them. But that First Doctor is so mine. Glad to see that they saw the wisdom in launching a Hartnell piece before the end of the anniversary year.

That'll be four down, seven (???) more to go...

Oh, and thanks for posting across the update, Niceman.

You're welcome.

I don't need another 11 YET. I could maybe see buying another eventually, but let's see 10 and 4 first. There's just so many amazing things coming out these days. They need to knock my socks off.

I'd pick up 11 again if he were done out in the current garb. Frock coat, waistcoat etal. Might be kind of cool.
Really looking forward to 10 and 4 (both look excellent so far) and the confirmation of the first is icing on the cake. Bring em on.

The new 11 will have a stern/sad face with glasses and a fez.

Oh by the way, I'm very excited by the news of Karen getting the role of lead female villian in Marvels 'Guardians of the Galaxy'...awesome gig for her.

The new 11 will have a stern/sad face with glasses and a fez.

Oh by the way, I'm very excited by the news of Karen getting the role of lead female villian in Marvels 'Guardians of the Galaxy'...awesome gig for her.

Congrats to her! I guess that means Hot Toys will be making a figure of her soon....

Back