Big Chief Studios 1/6 Amy Pond

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TFAW currently has Pond at $179, if anybody sees another $119 deal as discussed upthread please post it!

You can request this for free until the end of the month. Maybe they will sell off the rest afterwards for people who didn't order Pond, but yes the offer is only available until the 28th. I have sent in my request as it became available but have yet to hear back.

I'm a little concerned that it says ... While stocks last !
I hope they made enough for everyone that bought the original figure. I gave sent the link to my dad today. I need to rely on him being able to gave the original sales information... That is asking, a lot. Haha !!

You know, I was thinking about the money they probably spent on these new heads. A mold that size is probably $5,000 easy, and then you have to produce it... even if they did 500, I bet that was a pretty big chunk of money was spent on doing this. I know it was needed because the existing head was bad, and it's taken a while for them to get in our hands... but it's still pretty amazing they are doing this.

If you ask me, they should have just cut their losses on Amy and moved on. It's cool they are doing this for you guys, but it doesn't make much business sense (to me, at least).

If you ask me, they should have just cut their losses on Amy and moved on. It's cool they are doing this for you guys, but it doesn't make much business sense (to me, at least).

I think it does, when the original head was shown people were outraged and said they were going to cancel their orders. I'm not just talking about a few, there were a lot of people. I'll be honest, I definitely wouldn't have bought two other Amy figures hadn't it been for the new head. I think it was the right decision, there's no telling how many orders would have been cancelled.

That is what I mean. I would have dramatically reduced the production run, let those who wanted to cancel go, and cut my losses. That probably wouldn't have worked though since canceling was pretty much impossible to communicate with their old website. :lol

I'm glad they chose to do the new head. I noticed a while back that the figure was removed from their web site. I don't know if this meant that it had finally sold out, but I find it hard to believe that it would.
It will be interesting to see the first reactions from those who get the head and install it. I won't get mine for about two weeks after it's released from BC. Anyway, it's good to know that Rose that soon look a lot better.

While I like that they do this, it puts them in a potential bad position if they ever release a crap headsculpt or something again. Some people will expect a similar solution to future mistakes and I'm not sure they can afford to do that again.

I don't think they will ever do anything as bad as that original Amy ever again.

I think it's important to remember that it was Karen Gillan and her management that mucked up the likeness as well.

I didn't order this figure originally but I thought it was cool that BC tried to make customers happier. I mean, how can that be bad?

Against any faults or complaints pushed towards BC, they have always tried to be fair, honest and communicative. Two thumbs way up.

I didn't order this figure originally but I thought it was cool that BC tried to make customers happier. I mean, how can that be bad?

I hope I didn't give the impression that it was bad. I think it went a long way in preserving some good will within their customer base. I hope it pays off for them in the long run, because I can't see how it could in the short run.

wonder if its inspired new purchases from retailer stocks of amy? im saving for a sherlock but if i wasnt would def think about gettin her at retail due to liking the new head so much more and to complete my BCS who 1/6 collect.

Back