Better Call Saul

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But you said he could of continued with his elder law?

Anyway, Chuck is an ****... IMO :lol

Not sure I get your point. Yes, I said he could have continued his elder law. You're the one who has been saying Chuck gave him no other choice. You're getting confusing. You watch your show, I'll watch mine. If it meets in the middle down the road, groovy. If not, enjoy the one you're watching. :)

'He could have continued with his elder law practice' suggests he quit. You then went on to explain how he was keeping his client options with bingo calling.
That's confusing.

'He could have continued with his elder law practice' suggests he quit. You then went on to explain how he was keeping his client options with bingo calling.
That's confusing.

It does not suggest he quit at all. This game of semantics is getting ridiculous. He was at a point with the potential job at the new firm where he could choose to move into that new position, or CONTINUE doing what he was doing. You're making this too hard on yourself. :lol

If he continues, it's part of an ongoing movement. If I said he could restart then you might be making some sense.

I just hope that the conclusion of this series isn't returning to present day Omaha where Jimmy/Saul/Gene, after reminiscing about his career, decides to commit suicide or something. That would suck.

After experiencing this Season, Jimmy is one of my favorite characters of all time. I can relate to his struggles and I think he's way more identifiable than say, Walt. I was never a big fan of the things Walter White did in later seasons and certainly wasn't a "Walt did nothing wrong" fanboy. With Saul, it's a completely different story. I want to see him succeed, even if his story is ultimately a depressing one. I think it definitely has a lot to do with Odenkirk.

Even though we know he'll become Saul, it still feels like the sky is the limit.

I just hope that the conclusion of this series isn't returning to present day Omaha where Jimmy/Saul/Gene, after reminiscing about his career, decides to commit suicide or something. That would suck.

After experiencing this Season, Jimmy is one of my favorite characters of all time. I can relate to his struggles and I think he's way more identifiable than say, Walt. I was never a big fan of the things Walter White did in later seasons and certainly wasn't a "Walt did nothing wrong" fanboy. With Saul, it's a completely different story. I want to see him succeed, even if his story is ultimately a depressing one. I think it definitely has a lot to do with Odenkirk.

Even though we know he'll become Saul, it still feels like the sky is the limit.

I feel the same way. I was a fan of Cranston's portrayal of Walter, but not of Walter at all. By the end I wanted Walt to die the most horrible death that he so richly deserved.
Jimmy does have a heart. I don't really want to consider the ending, since I hope we have 4 or 5 seasons before it comes about. But it would be nice to see what comes after Cinnabon. :lol

I'm surprised Jimmy had behaved himself, more or less, for this long. What was it, 10 years? I think the elder law thing was a way to get into Kim's pants. When that fizzled, he broke down and sobbed.

If Sandpiper hadn't come along, does anybody here think Jimmy would've been satisfied doing wills for $140 a pop and tooling around in a Suzuki Esteem?

He's a chronic underachiever who's been looking for Chuck's respect for years. Now that he'll never get it, he's going to stick his thumb in the eyes of legitimate institutions and authorities in the ABQ. I can't wait to see it all unfold.

It's certainly possible. Lots of us make that same soul-depleting choice every day.
The term midlife crisis wasn't coined for nothin'. :lol

I'm surprised Jimmy had behaved himself, more or less, for this long. What was it, 10 years? I think the elder law thing was a way to get into Kim's pants. When that fizzled, he broke down and sobbed.

Yeah, it was a decade.

Jimmy meant it when he told Marco he was done. Jimmy loves Chuck and felt he owed him for bailing him out. He wanted to do right by his family. Like Jimmy says, money is important ("it IS the point"), but he really was looking to make his brother proud. That's what is tragic about this whole thing. He clearly looked up to his brother, he loves Kim as an equal and had a genuine desire to be a legitimate lawyer. Even his clients like him and his charisma. Remember in the beginning of the season when he couldn't even manage to have potential clients call him back? Look how much has changed now. His voice mail was practically full.

He's gone through a lot of crap (literally if we remember the dumpster scene a couple of episodes back) and now by the end of it, he doesn't feel like doing the "right" thing anymore. If his own brother never had faith or respect for him, who would? I'm impressed that it took this long for him to start slipping back. It's going to be great seeing how his brother and fellow lawyers react to the sleazy Saul Goodman persona. Chuck was adamant that Jimmy change his name (because now, in hindsight, he was embarrassed that Jimmy was his brother) and now he'll get his wish. Saul Goodman is basically a big F-you to everyone.

Jimmy did get the $20000 from HHM, plus the millions he'll stand to make down the road years later.....and judging by the prices he was charging for the wills at $140 I think he charged the one old lady, and then all she had was $64. It would of taken him a very, very long time to make that $20000 doing elderly law...

At least next season we should get some more forward moving, think they've pretty much filled us into Mike and Jimmy's back stories now......Hope they don't pull an Arrow where ever episode seems to be half flash backs.....

This show is just great! Loved every episode and Jimmy/Saul as a character is just great. I'm so looking forward to how the next Season will play out.

Yes, of course I remember that. That's not making your point though. It just means Chuck didn't want Jimmy there.

Jimmy is an adult who makes his own decisions. That's what happened at the end. To discount his personal responsibility is to miss the entire point of this series.

It's not like Jimmy had no other choice than to become Saul Goodman. He had a perfectly reasonable choice that he backed out of with the other law firm. Chuck had nothing to do with that. He could have continued with his elder law practice. It was paying the bills. He could have joined a cult, become a gigolo, eaten the most hot dogs in an hour to become world champ, or just run away with the carnival. Jimmy had a wealth of choices before him. He chose to follow the same slimy trail that Slippin' Jimmy had already become so familiar with. But now, he was going to run his scams with a law degree.

This is EXACTLY how I feel on the topic. Jimmy is responsible for every decision he makes. He has full knowledge of what's going on in his world and a golden opportunity to join a reputable law firm even after all the crap that went down with his brother. He made the choice that leads him down the path he's now traveling.

Not surprising after that color transition chart by episode was released at the end of BB.
It's a neat angle for the people who get into something that much, I just don't go for that level of depth in my escapist entertainment.

Didn't anyone catch the explanation of the light switch on Talking Saul? I stepped away and missed that bit. I have a theory on the symbolism of it and just wanted to see if the segment that aired about it confirms it or not.

I loved last nights episode.

Personally, I saw the light switch as him disobeying authority or rules. Like Jimmy is going to defy rules, laws and stuff. Sort of the opposite of the beginning of the episode where Gene is afraid to go through the emergency exit which also has a warning sign. It kind of juxtaposes the two sides of his character in the past and future.

I loved last nights episode.

Personally, I saw the light switch as him disobeying authority or rules. Like Jimmy is going to defy rules, laws and stuff. Sort of the opposite of the beginning of the episode where Gene is afraid to go through the emergency exit which also has a warning sign. It kind of juxtaposes the two sides of his character in the past and future.

Cool, that was what I was thinking too, like he's tempted to do so. I like that juxtaposition you pointed out.

Back