Best solution to repair a statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.marts

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys

I just bought my first defective statue link on epona. The horses leash was meant to be stuck on links arm, but it seems to have broken off. I usually hate buying defective statues, however in this case it was the only statue I found locally.

What advice can members give to fix the problem, I am not a fan of super glue as it leaves a clear trail behind, what alterative glues can you suggest. I was also thinking of putting a tab of blu tak to hold it in place inside his arm.

I use something here in the states called "GOOP" you can by it at most Big Box stores like Wal-mart, Target etc. it's good for small repairs and from the sound of it you have one, just take a tooth pick and put a little on the affected area, if you want have some scotch tape ready to secure it in place that won't hurt the paint or place it so it will dry naturally, even if you have to put it somewhere inverted against a wall or in a shelf, it takes 24 hrs for it to cure and is paint-able, this is what I use.

Good Luck Marts

I use something here in the states called "GOOP" you can by it at most Big Box stores like Wal-mart, Target etc. it's good for small repairs and from the sound of it you have one, just take a tooth pick and put a little on the affected area, if you want have some scotch tape ready to secure it in place that won't hurt the paint or place it so it will dry naturally, even if you have to put it somewhere inverted against a wall or in a shelf, it takes 24 hrs for it to cure and is paint-able, this is what I use.

Good Luck Marts

Thanks for the feedback colossus, I never thought of using tape to hold it in place, I do not have any scotch tape, will masking tape do?

Thanks for the feedback colossus, I never thought of using tape to hold it in place, I do not have any scotch tape, will masking tape do?

Yes it will work after the glue has been applied and like I tell everyone with any project "take your time"

Back