DC Collectibles Harley's Holiday Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jadekite22

Super Freak
Reaction score
Forgive me if there's already a thread for this piece. I just wanted to link to the warnings I posted on the other forum and summarize them here in case anyone was considering buying this online, especially with holiday sales and cash making the asking price easier to swallow.

https://www.statueforum.com/showpost.php?p=5541826&postcount=21

Above details how the first one I purchased had a broken hyena leg which was haphazardly glued by the factory (no other explanation, as I bought it new and sealed. This is the second time this has happened to me this year with a DCC purchase.) It also had excess glue, scratches and a substance I suspected was mold (if anyone is familiar with the fog that resurfaced after wiping it on the first run of DCC's Batmobiles, you'll know what I'm talking about.) I sent this back for an exchange, but the retailer sold of their remaining stock as it was in-transit to them.

https://www.statueforum.com/showpost.php?p=5546497&postcount=35

The second time I was able to find it for a comparable price, I instantly noticed the substance again, this time covering fingerprints that were all over the base and luggage. As I was about to just accept this as a given with this statue and keep it, stress marks had appeared on Harley's ankle due to the much tighter fit with the legs with the base this time around. Now I'm in the process of returning this copy as well.

This is my favorite design for a statue this year, so I don't post this to discourage people from buying it. However, I recommend only purchasing it from an LCS or somewhere you're able to see it in-person. I initially suggested, if you get it online, get in-hand pics or use a retailer with a hassle-free return policy. After a second failure, I can barely recommend that, as the legwork and unboxing paranoia doesn't end even after the initial thorough inspection.:mad: It would be so easy for a seller to overlook any of these issues in photos (similar to the Batman vs. Harley piece with the consistent 1-star Amazon ratings) that it's still a risk regardless of which angles you request.

Hopefully this helps everyone.

Back