Berserk Collectibles Show Us Some Berserk/Manga Disscussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a fan of the pose.

At first glance I didn't like the overall look of the statue either, but now I'm liking the more aerial dynamic pose. I think it's probably because all of the Guts figures/statues we've had have always had him on a grounded pose (either just standing upright or in a pre-swing pose) :lol It's not often you see him over the ground.

For more info, looks like they're making an exclusive and a standard statue (see pic below), the exclusive edition looks to have a more embellished base with the spirits and looks like it will come with different heads (shouting and stern faces?), while the regular edition won't have the spirits on the base. I'm not sure if the regular edition will come with other heads as well.
More pics of the unpainted prototype: https://www.gokin.it/2017/07/03/mos...first-4-figures-guts-black-swordsman-berserk/
Rikudou1498953632.jpeg

With the pictures on the spine, or the far right?

It's Vagabond, and the two black and white books are artbooks for it.

I got other Manga I need to take out of storage to put on it.

I really need to get that Vagabond set. I'm glad you told me about it because it is a fantastic series.

Oh good you got into it. You like it? I got crows into it and he told me he wants to take up Kendo because of it :lol I think it's such a great journey for self exploration and improvement.

I'm currently rereading it.

Oh good you got into it. You like it? I got crows into it and he told me he wants to take up Kendo because of it :lol I think it's such a great journey for self exploration and improvement.

I'm currently rereading it.

I loved it. I'm sure I'll end up reading it again. It's one of those stories that I know I'll see stuff on a second go-through that I missed the first time.

I loved it. I'm sure I'll end up reading it again. It's one of those stories that I know I'll see stuff on a second go-through that I missed the first time.

Yeah, I noticed that too. You can see little nuances of story that comes later that's alluded to, especially when you start hearing about Sasaki Kojiro.

There's two artbooks I want to get.

"Water" and "Sumi." One is all his watercolor work while the other is all black and white inking.

it_005_by_figureduchess-d78qzfd.jpg
download (2).jpg

I really hope Inoue goes back to finish it at some point. He's got some type of health issue.

Yeah I really don't know what the issue is, but he said working on the manga did it IIRC. Maybe it's stress related? It's been on hiatus for over two years I believe.

Here's an interview he did for CNN in 2012.

Kinokuniya is a Japanese book chain and he did art for the NYC branch. Whenever I go to NYC, I'm stopping by to see it.

I really love his art. He changed from using an art pencil that typical Manga artists use, to using an ink brush about half way through. Some fans hated that, but I feel it makes the art speak more.

Well damn, that's going to be expensive. I'm glad they went with the Apostle form. I wonder if it will have wings.

No idea on the wings. They stated it would be 1/5 scale, but I have no idea what that translates to in inches. :lol I'm guessing it'll be $2000 though so with the price and the size it'll be a pass for me. I think the only one I'll end up getting from the line is the Berserker Armor statue.

Back