Berserk Collectibles Show Us Some Berserk/Manga Disscussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scrolled past these close-up picts of the F4F Guts...I'm glad i ended up not pre-ordering it.
The details in the armor and body look nice, but the face doesn't have the quality of a $600+ statue and the paint apps look quite "cheap":

-Eyes look like they were very simply done. Like just simple straight black lines, and simply colored iris+pupil, almost like they were decals. Although the Prime1 face sculpt is less accurate, at least its eyes are fully sculpted with actual eye lids and look shiny for realism in comparison.

-Brows are shiny blobs of black? Pretty sure brows aren't supposed to shine in light.

-Translucent resin sort of gives it a cheap appearance to the face imo

-Bangs are all molded into into one big piece rather than separated into multiple hair strands...

-Yelling face's box-shaped mouth with perfect top and bottom rows of teeth.......I know they said they would change the sculpt before release, but it just looks corny.

I mean, F4F really excels in making figures of cel-shaded game characters, but for Berserk the style doesn't fit 100%.

They could've made it into a 1/6 scale statue and charged $120 for it, like their Breath of Wild Link statue, and the quality would look more justifiable.

DcG8KFsVMAAHGsG.jpg

DcG8M3UV0AAEESk.jpg

So I’m curious... everyone in this thread complaining about the Guts statues coming out, in your opinion what’s the best Guts Statue out there? Certainly prime 1 and F4F are leaps and bounds better than anything Art of War ever put out. AoW face likeness is complete ****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no idea. I haven’t seen a statue do the character a justice . 1/6 scale figures are better imo

I have no idea. I haven’t seen a statue do the character a justice . 1/6 scale figures are better imo

I’m not going to lie I was very tempted to get the Prime 1 Guts. For me the messy base, and the face sculpt are what kept me away from it. Also I don’t believe I’ve ever seen that apostle from the base in either the manga or anime.

I did end up pre ordering the exclusive bloody variant F4F. It’s an amazing scene from the manga and from one of the best arcs. I also think Guts normal face and grinning face are very well done. I’ll agree with everyone here that his screaming face is boxy looking. Here’s a few pics. They also may fix the front hair strands to be individual pieces instead of one big front hair piece. They’re original prototype had individual strands.
99744eaf87aa444ef45f232a59cb4708.jpg

5083a634d44f182f99804c001b3cdb6f.jpg

8d3f674190ac68f452d945e9c1db1dde.jpg

60e491c4fb796aa13628e347710b56e3.jpg

So I’m curious... everyone in this thread complaining about the Guts statues coming out, in your opinion what’s the best Guts Statue out there? Certainly prime 1 and F4F are leaps and bounds better than anything Art of War ever put out. AoW face likeness is complete ****.

I have the 1/6 Gecco Guts, which I think is pretty solid. It's not perfect by any means, though.

I have the 1/6 Gecco Guts, which I think is pretty solid. It's not perfect by any means, though.

GECCO's Guts is the best Guts statue out there and the size is just right as a display piece imo (just around 1 foot tall). 1/4 scales are just way too huge.

Also aside from Art of War's we can't forget Goodsmile Company's...$1,400 statue which came out with a very awkward paint job looking like the pics below.
Here's a review of it, but dear GOD I feel really bad for those who spent almost $1.5k on it.

TheOztaku1453125401.jpg

TheOztaku1453125093.jpg

TheOztaku1453125409.jpg

GECCO's Guts is the best Guts statue out there and the size is just right as a display piece imo (just around 1 foot tall). 1/4 scales are just way too huge.

Also aside from Art of War's we can't forget Goodsmile Company's...$1,400 statue which came out with a very awkward paint job looking like the pics below.
Here's a review of it, but dear GOD I feel really bad for those who spent almost $1.5k on it.

View attachment 408730

View attachment 408731

View attachment 408732

Holy **** is that bad. What’s up with some artist making guts skin so tan? I know it was like that in the 90s anime but man did they go overboard with this. Looks horrendous

It's too bad it's pretty much impossible to get a Tsume statue in Canada without over the top duty fees. Then again, they cost an arm and a leg, don't they?

It's too bad it's pretty much impossible to get a Tsume statue in Canada without over the top duty fees. Then again, they cost an arm and a leg, don't they?

Yeah, the HQS statue line comprises of 1/6 and 1/4 scale statues (also 1/7 but only very few), and the price range for 1/6 statues are 369-499€ and 999-1290€ for the 1/4 scales.
I don't think they've confirmed it yet but I really hope Guts and Griffith will be in 1/6 scale, any bigger would just make Zodd HUGE, and they won't cost an arm and a leg (that much) compared to other recent Berserk statues.

Welp, it took 2 months of back and forth messaging, but I finally received a ThreeZero Guts figure only for a mere $150 including shipping thanks to a very nice user.
Was always on the edge of my seat to buy the ThreeZero Guts, but didn't want to spend $300 for the aftermarket prices. Saw that a user posted a while ago that they received theirs defective in box (broken mechanical hand thumb, broken right wrist joint) and was disappointed, so I asked if I could buy it off them, and voilà, paid only $130+shipping for it thanks to their generosity.
Looking to possibly buy a 1/6 doll wrist joint to replace the broken one, but even clear tape helps attach the hand without falling off (for now).

IMG_1636.jpg

IMG_1637.jpg

I also bought molded and painted 1/6 Guts heads based off of the GECCO Guts statue that someone made a while ago, will try and swap them to see if it enhances Guts's look (pic is cruddy as it's from an old eBay listing):

Guts heads.jpg

Tsume's unpainted GA Zodd, Guts, and Griffith HQS prototype revealed at their "Fan Days" event...looks like 1/6 scale from the video? The 1/4 scale Guts figures look bigger than this one here.
Based on their FB video it's one of their "HQS Plus" statues, which have all been 1/4 scale...but the prototype looks smaller.

Also I do wonder if Guts, Griffith, and Zodd will be sold separately, I might just be interested in buying Guts and Griffith.

From some comments it sounds like it'll most likely cost over 1,000€...Tsume has payment plans though. But that's a lot of $$$, was hoping it would be more affordable. THEN AGAIN, if the characters are sold separately, I'm sure Guts and Griffith would cost more like 300€ each...we'll see.

Videos:
FB: https://www.facebook.com/tsumeart/videos/2457760067583170/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MechanicalJapan/status/997862346549878785

Pics:
(taken from https://imgur.com/a/4hvyFm9):

1 - teR0yMK.jpg

2 - inq1vTn.jpg

3 - ik285n4.jpg

4 - 7hSDpWc.jpg

(taken from https://www.reddit.com/r/Berserk/comments/8kkh4p/wow/):

yctcmq6djsy01.jpg

Aside from the high price tag, some things I'm worried about are:

- Shipping cost overseas to the US (from France)

- The paint quality/colors of the final prototype, below are some examples of HQS figures they've done.
So far they've made figures of Naruto, Bleach, Dragon ball, and Fairy Tail characters, all with pretty bright and vibrant colors, so I'm worried that the colors of the Berserk statue(s) will be lighter/bright instead of darker and more detailed.

ChocolateSpider1519100919.jpg

AkagamiNoShanks1510530473.jpg

ita1523112189.jpg

Naricho1511703278.jpeg

Back