Bergholtz Goes Direct...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Andy, Thanks for all your wonderful work during your time at Sideshow. Much of the reason I collected just about everything Sideshow put out was because of the great talent they had. You will be sorely missed, but Good Luck in your new endeavor! Don't be a stranger; come show us what you are working on from time-to-time.

,,,...damn,..,,.andy bergholtz was probably the best sculptor sideshow ever had,..,,,.stupid from sideshow letting him go,... :monkey2 :mad:

jlcmsu said:
I won't be buying them either way. I dont collect DC stuff and won't be for sure now. Nothing against Andy but this is my way of flipping off DC. :)

Ok, you could go that route, but who knows?! We are almost certainly never going to know the exact reasons why, but it is equally possible that SS chose to not renew or press to keep Andy on board. It certainly may explain why things have come so slowly in the PF lines (both SW and LOTR), and I have a hard time expecting either line to be up to Obi, Leia, or Han standards.

Andy simply does the best human portraits I have seen, it is truly a shame to see him go to a new home.

I wish him the best however, I am sure it is a step-up for his career. :duff

WOW.... 8 new pages since yesterday. :eek:

First of all, THANKS everyone for the well wishes. I'm amazed by the response to this. Even GOOBALL came back to chime in, long time no see man! :)

Seriously, thanks guys (and gals). One thing's for sure though... You can all rest assured that there is NO shortage of talent working at Sideshow. Don't expect my absence to create as much of a void as you might think (although I'm extremely flattered by the sentiment!). There is still a wealth of talented sculptors working with SS:

Oluf
Mat
Trevor
Gore Group
Dooley
Jeff Yagher
Steve West
Cipriano
Teves
Stan Winston Studios

If that's not a dream list I don't know what is. And that's not even everyone.

Trevor Grove is becoming a juggernaut all his own. Just wait... Before long you won't even remember my name around these parts. :)

There's still about 7 sculpts of mine waiting in the wings at Sideshow, spanning a few different properties. I like the idea of the Hulk being my swan song though, that was a good notion. :)

Thanks again folks... And don't worry, I'll still be around here quite a bit. Dave won't get rid of me that easily.

Thanks AB

Link to Andy's amazing portfolio

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=search&query=^bergholtz.sql

Good to know 7 more are coming!

Hey Andy...DC forums are not as cool as Sideshow Forums :monkey3

Andy Bergholtz said:
I like the idea of the Hulk being my swan song though, that was a good notion. :)

The Masterpiece !!!! Hope everyone here got one on order,gray or green...you heard the man !!!

HULK PF = ANDY'S SIDESHOW ULTIMATE SWAN SONG

At least it doesn't say DC Andy. That would make me cry.

graveyardmb5.jpg

Andy Bergholtz said:
You got that right!

So Andy, if you tell me that one of your seven unseen sculpts is a SW 1/6 sculpt (not which character, I just want to know if it is), I think my heart would start beating again.:monkey5

And thanks for reassuring me of all of those other talented sculptors at Sideshow. I guess things won't be so bad as they were made out to be.

Although I am broken-hearted that the greatest 1/6 scale sculptor in the U.S. is leaving Sideshow, I wish you all the best. Have fun, and keep hanging around.

:D

P.S. Who is this..."Ray" some speak of?

Zakk Attakk said:
P.S. Who is this..."Ray" some speak of?

Just in case you weren't kidding--Ray Villafane sculpted the incredible Ghost Rider pieces, as well as the Wolverine Comiquette and Terminator polystone statue, among others. Like Andy, he also left Sideshow recently for an exclusive contract with DC.

Martin Canale of the Gore Group is next...

Just kidding!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back