Bergholtz Goes Direct...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am torn as well. Wishing Andy the best but wishing he would continue to contribute to SS. The positive part in this is that it might give upcoming artists a chance to work for Sideshow and show us some equally great work. True, Andy's talents would definitely be missed, but Sideshow still has a slew of extremely good artists and you cannot convince me that Mat's sculpt work on the LOTR line isn't every bit as good. (the painting...well, that's another story).

Good luck Andy!

Did I mention that DC could use a nice 1/4 Sandman to go with their recent ABSOLUTE SANDMAN VOL.1???

Ya know, it would have to be done by someone who's fantastic at sculpting HAIR, to capture that wild mop correctly.

Just thought I would mention it.

tomandshell said:
Just in case you weren't kidding--Ray Villafane sculpted the incredible Ghost Rider pieces, as well as the Wolverine Comiquette and Terminator polystone statue, among others. Like Andy, he also left Sideshow recently for an exclusive contract with DC.

Martin Canale of the Gore Group is next...

Just kidding!

Ahh, now I remember. Thanks.

DCD/WB has all that Superman Returns money burning a hole in their pockets so they go out and collect up all the great sculptors in exclusive deals. It helps them and hurts their competition - smart business, I guess.

:monkey2

After a few days of settling in my butt is still chapped..

Losing Ray and Andy basically at the birth of the Marvel line..

Woe is me!

*Shakes fist in air*

Have fun sculpting the Wonder Twins Ray and Andy!..:cuss

,....now that ray and andy are really gone,...sideshow lost a lot of sculpting potential,.,, so sad,...,, they shall never be the same anymore,..,,. :monkey2

Some very sad news for me, but great news for Andy!
Andy sculpted some of the best looking females Sideshow has ever made, looks like Trevor Grove will have to pick up the slack which I'm sure he's very capable of.

I do have some questions; What if Sideshow wanted to reuse one of Andy's sculpts as the bases for a new figure (like reusing the face from Leia as Boushh for a Endor Leia or something), could Sideshow do this or would that break his contract to DCD? Would Andy get paid again for using his previous work or does Sideshow essentially own that head sculpt from now on?

I wish Andy great success and happiness in his new job.
(Maybe he can convince DCD to make their 1/5.5 mixed media figures in proper 1/6 scale?)
DCD does have some great sculptors working for them (just look at all those great Adam Hughes Women of the DCU!) so maybe one of them will leave DCD and work for Sideshow?

....here's hoping DC doesn't try to take Trevor away or the rest of the SS sculptors that are left :duff

I am so sad. Andy you are so talented and I have always loved the way you interacted with us here. But I also am glad for you. I hope you got a very sweet deal Andy, you certainly deserve it.

I am pretty sure Andy will be posting here still. I think he is as big a Sideshow Freak as any of us. :D

he's still a sculptor to me, obviously, and that's why I can still "look" up to him and not be sad for his departure regardless of which company he works for :D
:D

long live andy b!

he sculpted better hair strands than god himself. :lol

Marvel = cool intense badass Superheroes.

DC = pompous elitists who think they are better than other Superheroes.

I remember when little Andy first came to Sideshow. Ahhh, it was like yesterday. He was a right charmer. Always in chat, adding to the friendly environment there, and chewing the fat. What an impressive resume you had then. Now, with Sideshow and DC on the list, there will be no where you can't go. You will be missed Andy.

Keep up your enthusiasm, while you are still sculpting, we will never have truley lost you. I thank you for the wonderful Bela PF, I have displayed, for which you'll never be forgotten in my home. Good luck as you continue on your wonderful journey.

Marvel = Adolescent juvenile mutant mulligans

DC = Pantheon of legendary mythic titans to rival the Greek gods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back